Start Jason Campbell

Sorry Numbers, couldn't resist.

Nice to have an actual backup QB for once since Kitna.  I don't count Fitz who spent 12 games learning the position before he started to look OK.  

Campbell can win us a few games if called upon.

Nice to have an actual backup QB for once since Kitna.  I don't count Fitz who spent 12 games learning the position before he started to look OK.  

we now know that SF2 is Marvin Lewis.

Marvin Jason Campbell: “He can play and win games for you if you need him. #Bengals

I know you were joking, but, while I know they won't "give" JC the job, it would be interesting to see what happens if he really outplays Dalton.

fixt

Inevitably?  He played all the meaningful snaps last year.  The only other attempted pass was by Sanu.

I know you were joking, but, while I know they won't "give" JC the job, it would be interesting to see what happens if he really outplays Dalton.

Inevitably?  He played all the meaningful snaps last year.  The only other attempted pass was by Sanu.

I was just playing along with the thread. I agree. Although I don't necessarily like it. 

Oh that's alright.  I thought that the Can Dalton and Dalton Sucks threads could be merged into the same spot as this one.  Great post but I think that Kitna would have been a better mentor than Campbell though.  Kitna was smart and IMHO that is how he did what he did when he was lacking on the physical attribute section of QBs... 

At the very least with Campbell we finally get a Bengal's player tailor made for Campbell's soup commercials.

A3ZVXzKCQAEgn6t.jpg

Awww for fuck's sake! 

Come on Old, I would at least wait untli  Andy's first pre season game incompletion to an open receiver before I really ment it.

Look at the bright side, its our first Jason Campbell thread.  302 more and he matches Dalton.

Come on Old, I would at least wait untli  Andy's first pre season game incompletion to an open receiver before I really ment it.

Look at the bright side, its our first Jason Campbell thread.  302 more and he matches Dalton.

302 ?  Are you sure or just guessing ?  I'm thinking more in the thousands...

ha ha... now that's funny...

You two should compromise on 3-4

That's my range also. We don't pick until pretty late in the 5th. At that point, your chances of finding a guy with starter upside are like 1 in 100. In round 3 or 4, you at least have a reasonable chance of finding a guy who could potentially develop into a starter.

I also think round 1 or 2 is too early since it is Dalton's team to a certain extent and a pick that early would invite controversy and possibly have a very negative impact on Dalton's ability to lead the team, since it would be assumed that the new QB was being groomed to definitely take over. Plus, there's a good chance that the QB we pick will be a career backup and we have enough other needs that round 2 seems like too much to pay for a likely backup.

So round 3-4 is the Goldilocks zone in my opinion. 

I don't think any team drafts a player because of what ESPN thinks of him.

I think there are teams who, through desire to sell tickets, are influenced to make "the sexy pick".  I think it's one of the reasons these QB's get so over valued.  A new QB is instant hope in a bottle.  A lot of that is driven by the media, and the way the game is sold to the masses.

3-4 sounds about right, I don't think there are any guys that will be worth it in the 2nd round. I think Bortles is a 2nd round talent but he'll go in the first because ESPN.

I have to agree with you here.  None of these guys really stand out to me to be honest.  QB has been such a complete crap shoot the last few seasons.

Truth is many of the higher ranked guys are screwed because they go to CRAP teams early in their careers.  I thought Colt McCoy would be a good QB but ended up at the QB Chipper Shredder of a franchise.  Though the same of David Carr but he got obliterated on the expansion team Texans.  Does Tom Brady become Tom Brady if he was drafted by the Jets?

Wilson ends up on a very good team with many parts in place, isn't asked to carry the team from day 1 and now has a ring.

I see mocks with Bridgewater going to Jacksonville.  Good luck dude.  Manziel to Cleveland is simply Archie Manning to the Saints to me. 

I would think a QB going to Houston would be a blessing to the QB since I think Houston was way better than their record last year but I simply can not believe they will pass on a guy I think is a once in a decade talent in Clowney.

I have to agree with you here.  None of these guys really stand out to me to be honest.  QB has been such a complete crap shoot the last few seasons.

Truth is many of the higher ranked guys are screwed because they go to CRAP teams early in their careers.  I thought Colt McCoy would be a good QB but ended up at the QB Chipper Shredder of a franchise.  Though the same of David Carr but he got obliterated on the expansion team Texans.  Does Tom Brady become Tom Brady if he was drafted by the Jets?

Wilson ends up on a very good team with many parts in place, isn't asked to carry the team from day 1 and now has a ring.

I see mocks with Bridgewater going to Jacksonville.  Good luck dude.  Manziel to Cleveland is simply Archie Manning to the Saints to me. 

I would think a QB going to Houston would be a blessing to the QB since I think Houston was way better than their record last year but I simply can not believe they will pass on a guy I think is a once in a decade talent in Clowney.

Clowney's definitely a better player, prospect, and talent than anyone else in this draft - QB is just such an important position that's hard to hit on, they have to take one. Hell, AJ Green was by far the best player/prospect/talent in the 2011 draft (and that was common knowledge on draft day) and he didn't go until #4.

Clowney's definitely a better player, prospect, and talent than anyone else in this draft - QB is just such an important position that's hard to hit on, they have to take one. Hell, AJ Green was by far the best player/prospect/talent in the 2011 draft (and that was common knowledge on draft day) and he didn't go until #4.

Might be moot now, looks like Oakland is taking Schaub.  I imagine they will go QB now.

Archived