Wait, I'm confused. Did Go say something that wasn't true?

Because what he said sounds a lot like exactly what I've watched.

Or is the earth not round, water not wet, sky not blue?

Sure he did.  However, you've proven that you are incapable of telling the difference, much as he has.  

Wait, I'm confused. Did Go say something that wasn't true?

Because what he said sounds a lot like exactly what I've watched.

Then you should really get your eyes checked, because we had more 40+ yard completions last year than anyone but the Eagles.

Which has been pointed out to Go & everyone else so many times, they're either idiots or deliberately ignoring it because having the sporadic little shit-fit has proven much more gratifying. Maybe a little of both, if we're being honest.

On that note, it's also clear that the chickens are in charge of the hen house here at daltonsucks.com, so y'know..

Carry on!

:2dedhorse:

Then you should really get your eyes checked, because we had more 40+ yard completions last year than anyone but the Eagles.

Which has been pointed out to Go & everyone else so many times, they're either idiots or deliberately ignoring it because having the sporadic little shit-fit has proven much more gratifying. Maybe a little of both, if we're being honest.

On that note, it's also clear that the chickens are in charge of the hen house here at daltonsucks.com, so y'know..

Carry on!

You can lead a dumbass to education, but you can't make him think.

so there's been mixed feelings around the league about the draft being pushed back because of the scheduling conflict at Radio City Music Hall.

Some teams like it because they get extra time with their guys, but others don't because you lose time with the rookies as Rookie Minicamp basically is gone.  

For draft purposes, I do think it helps some.  Of course you get more time to do prep work for the draft, but something no one's talking about:

You also get more time with the guys you just signed, which helps you get a better idea of how big some of your needs are.  How valuable has the last two weeks been for the Bengals when evaluating DE Sam Montgomery and DE Dontay Moch?  the progress of Onterrio McCalebb and Cobi Hamilton?

Im not sure how I feel about it tbh, on one hand I see the benefit of having more time to prep for the draft on the other missing a rookie session could possibly even if slightly hurt as guys need reps. I don't think its going to hurt us this year though as were not in a position that we have to start any of tge rookies.

Carry on!

You can lead a dumbass to education, but you can't make him think.

Wait, so you're telling me that:

Does he really need to prepare to buckle under pressure? it seems to come pretty naturally..

He doesnt buckle under pressure?

then again its not just the playoffs, its the division and primetime too... hmm..

He hasnt blown BIG TIME in virtually every primetime, division and playoff game so far?

cant WAIT to go .500 in the division getting cheap wins at the end of the season against backups to limp into another playoff embarrassment..

We havent gone .500 (or worse) in the division two out of three years he's been here, and limped into THREE playoff embarrassments in a row?

2-4 in 2011

6-0 in 2012

3-3 in 2013

Apparently you have been watching a totally different Bengals team than I have. Even in many of the Steelers/Ravens wins, he looks pretty damn bad.

And what do 40 yard passes have to do with anything Go wrote? I am well aware that the long pass completion stereotype is false. But everything Go wrote was true.

Here's tidbits from Rotoworld:

Bengals LG Clint Boling (knee) is expected to be ready for Week 1.

Boling tore his ACL in Week 13. He's obviously not going to participate in OTAs or minicamp but could see action at some point during training camp. Tanner Hawkinson is expected to get the majority of the reps at left guard while Boling is sidelined. Boling is an above-average pass protector.

The Bengals plan to use Giovani Bernard at slot receiver more in 2014.

It's one way to compensate for Andrew Hawkins' departure. "We want to do more with him because he can do that," RBs coach Kyle Caskey said. "It's not just put him in the slot. We want him everywhere on the field. He's a lot like Reggie Bush where you have to be aware at all times." Bernard lined up at receiver 42 times as a rookie. Caskey indicated the Bengals want him there much more this season. Bernard is a threat for 70 catches in an offense where he's going to become more of a true lead back. He offers RB1 potential in PPR leagues.

The Bengals plan to use Giovani Bernard at slot receiver more in 2014.

It's one way to compensate for Andrew Hawkins' departure. "We want to do more with him because he can do that," RBs coach Kyle Caskey said. "It's not just put him in the slot. We want him everywhere on the field. He's a lot like Reggie Bush where you have to be aware at all times." Bernard lined up at receiver 42 times as a rookie. Caskey indicated the Bengals want him there much more this season. Bernard is a threat for 70 catches in an offense where he's going to become more of a true lead back. He offers RB1 potential in PPR leagues.

All part of his natural progression into the offense.  Happy to see that it's all going to plan.  It also makes the two back set more interesting if he lines up with Hill, who can also catch.

Four things to watch in Bengals OTAs

The Bengals won’t secure January success with the opening of organized team activities (OTAs) and Phase Three of the offseason program Tuesday. But they won’t be devoid of developments, either.

No tackling will be permitted and don’t look for pads simulating contact. The program increases in intensity only because full 11-on-11 and other variations are allowed for the first time this offseason.

For the most part, the most intrigue stems from first look at the practice presence of new coordinators Hue Jackson and Paul Guenther. This won’t exactly be an amp up for Steelers week, but tempo and mentality have been buzzwords since their hires. They’ll be out to establish both from the first practice on.

These 10 OTA sessions that transpire over the next month greet a team with the vast majority of starters returning. Few position battles would be considered up for grabs. Most of those will be saved for when the pads come on in July and special teams acumen can enter the equation. But these sessions can be particularly interesting for the skill positions considering the lack of contact allowed inside.

Here’s four story lines worth tracking as these evolve and bridge the gap to the opening of camp July 24.

1. Any difference in Andy Dalton? What would a Bengals list be without starting at the player people can’t stop talking about? Dalton spent a portion of his offseason working with pitching guru and biomechanics expert Tom House, whose become a quarterback whisperer of sorts in recent years. House worked with Drew Brees and Tom Brady.

Word from those around the team has been Dalton looks better than ever and showing more zip on his passes than in any of his previous three seasons. His throwing motion looks compact and cuts valuable hundredths of a second off his delivery. Who knows how much that will mean come January, but for now makes for a nugget worth filing away.

2. Can Darqueze Dennard play the slot? The Bengals think he can, though, he didn’t do a ton of it at Michigan State. OTAs and the absence of Leon Hall (still working back on pace for the first day of training camp) create an ideal opportunity to see where Dennard stands.

Hall excels working as the inside corner, a position growing exponentially in importance with the increasing amount of spread, three-wide offenses across the league. The Bengals worked Dre Kirkpatrick there at times last year but it’s not his natural position.

If Dennard can illustrate precision and quickly pick up technique he’d allow a luxurious safety net and backup for Hall as he works back to form.

3. Who’s the surprise UFA? Marvin Lewis talked many times about when he first saw Vontaze Burfict on the field after picking him up as an undrafted college free agent and noticing right away the difference and potential compared with the others. Emmanuel Lamur caught the eyes of coaches in the same fashion. Both are now integral members of the team’s defensive future.

Who will catch their eye this time? A few top candidates would be safety Isaiah Lewis of Michigan State, who played alongside Dennard for the No Fly Zone secondary. The always interesting undrafted running back position boasts Florida State back James Wilder. He’ll need to work on staying compact with his long 6-foot-3 strides, but could be dangerous once he finds the NFL rhythm.

4. How far has Cobi Hamilton come? An interesting storyline for the back of the roster will be the fight for the final wide receiver spots. Among those battling will be sixth-round pick from last year Hamilton. He had almost no chance to crack the depth chart of last year’s crew, but receivers coach James Urban thought as a scout team receiver Hamilton made the most improvement of any player in his room last year.

He’ll return this year with a more accessible roster spot and year of experience under his belt. Armon Binns made a successful jump from scout team receiver to starter in 2012. This path has been taken before. Nobody sees him climbing past Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu and, certainly, A.J. Green just yet, but his progress will be worth monitoring. This will serve as his latest weigh-in.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2014/05/26/four-things-watch-bengals-otas/9600513/

with Pollak not practicing today, the first OTA's opened with.....Whit at Left Guard.  Newhouse getting first team snaps at LT. Robinson at Center.

Not sure what that says about what they think of Newhouse at LT, Hawkinson at LG, or it says nothing at all because its May.

Gresham situation is a little worrisome, especially since he was on some of the potential cut lists that went around this off-season.  I never believed it, but it seems like guys who are destined for new scenery stay away from OTA's.

Protest saying he wants a new contract?

Who knows what's happening behind closed doors.

I understand its voluntary and he has every right to not go, but if he doesn't show for any of these workouts, the aesthetics of it are horrible. For a team that is itching to reach the next level in its development, you need your best players to improve. It means something when guys like Dalton, Green, Geno, Burfict are all there for the workouts. It could be just another example of Gresham alienating himself from the fans and the organization as a whole. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but if he doesnt show for any of these sessions, that will be all I need to know about him. He's the last person who should be missing workouts. He needs to get better. 

Gresham situation is a little worrisome, especially since he was on some of the potential cut lists that went around this off-season.  I never believed it, but it seems like guys who are destined for new scenery stay away from OTA's.

It's not worrisome to me. If he doesn't want to be there, the team is better off without him. After all, think about how many false starts and holding penalties we would be erasing. 

I understand its voluntary and he has every right to not go, but if he doesn't show for any of these workouts, the aesthetics of it are horrible. For a team that is itching to reach the next level in its development, you need your best players to improve. It means something when guys like Dalton, Green, Geno, Burfict are all there for the workouts. It could be just another example of Gresham alienating himself from the fans and the organization as a whole. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but if he doesnt show for any of these sessions, that will be all I need to know about him. He's the last person who should be missing workouts. He needs to get better. 

Totally agree...The dude hasn't lived up to his talent....nothing good can come from him not showing... IMO

It's not worrisome to me. If he doesn't want to be there, the team is better off without him. After all, think about how many false starts and holding penalties we would be erasing. 

The team certainly is not better without him, as we witnessed vs Baltimore last year when the offense did nothing in his absence.   Everone was clamoring for him to come back ASAP because the offense looked inept.  

He's a huge part of the offense and what the Bengals (like to) do. 

Archived