Burfict has surgery

Hope the recovery doesn't turn out as lengthy as Geno's.  I know it's not an ACL, but our team medics concern me at times.

Linebackers and Dlinemen are a bit different in that Linebackers dont have to push back Olinemen on every play where they need their leg strength, that was Geno's biggest issue this year.

A couple more articles on Kelce relating to his successful recovery from microfracture knee surgery that I found interesting. Gives me hope that Burfict isn't 'doomed" from having this procedure.

Of note:

9 months after surgery he was ready for the first day of training camp (though he admitted his leg muscles needed building) and participated throughout.

He played in all 4 preseason games totaling 11 receptions 193 yards 2 TDs.

He played in all 16 games (67% of the offensive snaps-668 and 16% of the special teams snaps-69).

He finished the year with 67 receptions 862 yards 12.9 yard avg 5 TDs (a very good year).

10 months after the surgery he scored the 69 yard TD against us in the preseason game.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article1169921.html

Interview with him a week and a half later (much of it concerning his recovery from the surgery).

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/18/6024549/travis-kelce-chiefs-interview-nfl-fantasy-football

It's all my fault. I'll never buy a jersey again Of a Bengals player. I blame myself and my jinx. It started with Akili Smith, then Warrick , Palmer, Rivers, Atkins and Burfict. Fml. I'm forgetting someone else Too. I wanna buy a Dunlap jersey But I'll just wait till he's in the hall of fame.

It's all my fault. I'll never buy a jersey again Of a Bengals player. I blame myself and my jinx. It started with Akili Smith, then Warrick , Palmer, Rivers, Atkins and Burfict. Fml. I'm forgetting someone else Too. I wanna buy a Dunlap jersey But I'll just wait till he's in the hall of fame.

Nice.. Post a mailing address and you'll probably get about 2 dozen free Dalton jerseys.

Funny, my roster of jersey sadness is Warrick just ahead of injury, Odell (oops), Burfict (now injured). I just got a Hill jersey for Christmas, so...that's probably not good for him.

Funny, my roster of jersey sadness is Warrick just ahead of injury, Odell (oops), Burfict (now injured). I just got a Hill jersey for Christmas, so...that's probably not good for him.

I hope you have the gift receipt and can return it. 

Wait, didn't Marvin have a jersey at one point?

:whistle:

:ninja: ?

Kind of sad statement regarding Cincinnati sports, if you think about it. You could throw the Reds big stars and Bearcats biggest star in there too.

We are just a fucked bunch when it comes to bad luck and our teams.

Kind of sad statement regarding Cincinnati sports, if you think about it. You could throw the Reds big stars and Bearcats biggest star in there too.

We are just a fucked bunch when it comes to bad luck and our teams.

Was reminiscing about KMart last night while watching the Bearcats.  God damn that shitty ass luck pisses me off.  That one and Carson are 1a and 1b in terms of hurting the most.

Was reminiscing about KMart last night while watching the Bearcats.  God damn that shitty ass luck pisses me off.  That one and Carson are 1a and 1b in terms of hurting the most.

Still traumatized over the Kenyon injury vs St Louis.  My defense mechanisms kept insisting that it was just a bruise, or he banged knees with the player and needed to come out for a few minutes.  My heart literally sank when they announced the broken tibia.  Would have been UC vs MSU that year in the championship game IMO if Kenyon stayed healthy.  

Then the Carson injury...I remember watching the game with some friends at bdubs and that whole place was silent when it happened.  Went from jubilation from seeing Chris Henry come down with a 60 yd pass, then immediately the camera went to Carson laying on the field writhing in pain.  Immediate silence from that point on for the rest of the game.  Even going into half 17-10 or something there was not much hope that the game would be won with Jon Kitna at QB.  We knew then, that a QB like Kitna couldn't win a playoff game.  Now we start and live/die with a QB like Kitna  :32:   

Still traumatized over the Kenyon injury vs St Louis.  My defense mechanisms kept insisting that it was just a bruise, or he banged knees with the player and needed to come out for a few minutes.  My heart literally sank when they announced the broken tibia.  Would have been UC vs MSU that year in the championship game IMO if Kenyon stayed healthy.  

Then the Carson injury...I remember watching the game with some friends at bdubs and that whole place was silent when it happened.  Went from jubilation from seeing Chris Henry come down with a 60 yd pass, then immediately the camera went to Carson laying on the field writhing in pain.  Immediate silence from that point on for the rest of the game.  Even going into half 17-10 or something there was not much hope that the game would be won with Jon Kitna at QB.  We knew then, that a QB like Kitna couldn't win a playoff game.  Now we start and live/die with a QB like Kitna  :32:   

I wanted to punch an infant after the KMart injury I was so pissed off.  Especially when at my high school all the XU fans were freaking happy to see UC fans in turmoil as a result.

As for the Carson I vividly remember being at that game and how quickly all of the air in the stadium left the building.  Never been in a stadium so quiet as people came to the realization he was done.  Then carney folk hands Kitna came in and fumbled the game away.  Just thinking about that gets a big God damnit.

IMO those both were teams that would have went on to win the championships.

I wanted to punch an infant after the KMart injury I was so pissed off.  Especially when at my high school all the XU fans were freaking happy to see UC fans in turmoil as a result.

As for the Carson I vividly remember being at that game and how quickly all of the air in the stadium left the building.  Never been in a stadium so quiet as people came to the realization he was done.  Then carney folk hands Kitna came in and fumbled the game away.  Just thinking about that gets a big God damnit.

IMO those both were teams that would have went on to win the championships.

:20:  :20:  :20:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :20:  :suicide:  :20:

That's how I felt at the time.....

It was nuts when Carson went down.     It went from a crazy atmosphere that was off the charts to quiet in seconds.   Then extreme anger the rest of the night.

I would love to see the police scanner from that night as I'm guessing quite a few Steeler fans got jumped. 

It was nuts when Carson went down.     It went from a crazy atmosphere that was off the charts to quiet in seconds.   Then extreme anger the rest of the night.

I would love to see the police scanner from that night as I'm guessing quite a few Steeler fans got jumped. 

I was at the Nat Championship game...OSU vs LSU.  Ginn returns one for a touchdown 16 seconds in , place goes apeshit, his own teammates take him out for the rest of the game.

I was at the Nat Championship game...OSU vs LSU.  Ginn returns one for a touchdown 16 seconds in , place goes apeshit, his own teammates take him out for the rest of the game.

That was a gross feeling too. I'm 31 and I can barely remember the reds 1990 World Series but can't remember the bengals Super Bowl game (which is probably a good thing) I remember my parents had a party and that I had to get 3D glasses for the half time show (max hedberg? I can't remember if that's the right name or not) crazy how I can remember that and not any of the game but I was 5 lol.

At least I have seen one of my favorite teams win 2 national championships and that erases the 2 blow outs in between them.

That was a gross feeling too. I'm 31 and I can barely remember the reds 1990 World Series but can't remember the bengals Super Bowl game (which is probably a good thing) I remember my parents had a party and that I had to get 3D glasses for the half time show (max hedberg? I can't remember if that's the right name or not) crazy how I can remember that and not any of the game but I was 5 lol.

At least I have seen one of my favorite teams win 2 national championships and that erases the 2 blow outs in between them.

Yeah, there is that.  I do remember the 90 WS as I was in high school at the time so I have that as well.  And yes, having been old enough to remember those Super Bowls is a mixed blessing.  

And was it Max Headroom?  :shrug:

Sports trauma cincy style in my rooting life:

---Strike in 81 costs last gasp of reds dynasty a chance at one last playoff run (best record in baseball and no playoff appearance)

---rose gambling fiasco 1989

---Wilson cocaine and krumrie leg break help ruin super bowl 23

---strike in 1994 ruins another reds run - one of best teams in baseball

---Kenton Martin leg break derails what felt like a championship coming. Probably led down the road to Huggins leaving uc

---the Carson palmer leg break

---the off-field arrest stuff Bengals version 2006-2008

---injuries derail/end careers of darnay Scott, warrick, David pollack way too early

---Odell thurman sadness

--- sign hall to contract, gets badly hurt, sign Atkins to contract, gets badly hurt, sign burfict to contract, gets badly hurt

For most of my rooting years really shitty luck and off-field problems have dogged cincy sports teams. It makes me believe in curses on some level.

Yeah, there is that.  I do remember the 90 WS as I was in high school at the time so I have that as well.  And yes, having been old enough to remember those Super Bowls is a mixed blessing.  

And was it Max Headroom?   :shrug:

It was Elvis Presto and Diet Coke.   Max Headroom might have made an appearance maybe can't remember. 

Diet Coke ran 3D advertisements during the game.   Parts of the halftime show were also 3D on television mixed with live performance of some dude as Elvis doing a stadium wide card trick.      The climax was whatever card he picked out it was under everyone's seat.

Superbowl 23 also brought us Bud Bowl 1 and epic clash between Budwieser and Bud Light.    That was a yearly deal for about 4/5 Superbowls. 

---Strike in 81 costs last gasp of reds dynasty a chance at one last playoff run (best record in baseball and no playoff appearance)

---Kenton Martin leg break derails what felt like a championship coming. Probably led down the road to Huggins leaving uc

---injuries derail/end careers of darnay Scott, warrick, David pollack way too early

---Odell thurman sadness

--- sign hall to contract, gets badly hurt, sign Atkins to contract, gets badly hurt, sign burfict to contract, gets badly hurt

For most of my rooting years really shitty luck and off-field problems have dogged cincy sports teams. It makes me believe in curses on some level.

Reds up 2-0 over Giants in Divisional Series ;pse next 3.   That could be the biggest miss ranking up there with Kenyon.   Damn good team that year.

Griffey Jr trade 

99 Reds season needing 1 win against Brewers to clinch, instead get in a 1 game playoff against Mets, lose.

You can buy both Superbowls off Itunes.   Superbowl 16 was a comedy of errors by the Bengals they really shit the bed in that one. 

---Odell thurman sadness

Tremain Mack beats up a transvestite hooker and steals her purse.

---Odell thurman sadness

:suicide:

Reds up 2-0 over Giants in Divisional Series ;pse next 3.   That could be the biggest miss ranking up there with Kenyon.   Damn good team that year.

Griffey Jr trade 

99 Reds season needing 1 win against Brewers to clinch, instead get in a 1 game playoff against Mets, lose.

You can buy both Superbowls off Itunes.   Superbowl 16 was a comedy of errors by the Bengals they really shit the bed in that one. 

Griffey trade wasn't trauma but for hindsight. If you tell me you didn't love that trade at the time you'd be lying. I think that may have been my longest lasting boner. :)

Archived