Bengals featured on NFL Network "Inside Training Camp" today

NFL Network airs Bengals practice special

Posted 2 hours ago

NFL Network comes to Bengals training camp today, for a two-hour (3-5 p.m.) nationally televised special.

NFL Network comes to Bengals training camp today, for a two-hour (3-5 p.m.) nationally televised special. Bengals radio voices Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham will be in the center of the operation, offering commentary and practice analysis.  The centerpiece of the broadcast

will be one hour of practice (estimated 3:10-4:10 p.m.) covered as if it were a network game. Head coach Marvin Lewis has coordinated with producers to map a plan that will give fans the best possible overall look at the multiple team activities that comprise a full practice. NFLN will cover the action with three cameras, so viewers will be able to move from drill-to-drill from the comfort of their armchairs.

“This is one of the opportunities we like to create for some extra buzz in training camp,” Lewis said. “Another example will be the joint practices we have here with the Giants (Aug. 11-12). Camp is a tough daily haul for the players, and we need that energy every day. Events like this help break up the routine.”

The Bengals, one of only four NFL teams to reach the playoffs each of the last four years, are scheduled for five nationally televised games this season, one in preseason and four in the regular season. But their first prolonged national exposure comes today.

“It’s great,” said QB Andy Dalton. “It’s not a game, but it’s a chance to show off at our best for a big audience. I think all the guys are looking forward to it.”

After the practice special, NFLN’s Stacey Dales will have interviews with Lewis, Dalton and WR A.J. Green during the network’s Inside Training Camp and Total Access programming.

The two-hour special will re-air at 9 p.m. tonight and at 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. tomorrow.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/NFL-Network-airs-Bengals-practice-special/89476ab4-e76f-45d5-a993-642fdfaeb776

They beat on Dalton like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Dukes put the cherry on top by claiming McCooter could be starting by the end of this season.

Then McCooter spends the next hour spraying the ball inaccurately.

If they're in a race Dalton is miles ahead.

Well that was a miserable experience.

Jamie Dukes and the rest heaped shit on the Bengals for an hour or so.....and even harder to ignore....MJ gets hurt.

Hoping for a strain.

beyond brutal.  They clearly hadn't done any prep.  Didn't know many of the players names, and were just making up "facts."

According to Dukes, Gio has a fumbling problem and Michael Johnson has poor work ethic.

Jamie Dukes claimed that if you have running plays for your QB that means he can't throw the ball.

I fully understand that when any national media discuss the Bengals they will talk about the inconsistent play of Andy dalton.  Even the most hard core Bengal fan knows this has been a problem.  But no legitimate analyst is going to predict that Dalton will be benched for MCCarron by the end of the year.

Jamie Dukes claimed that if you have running plays for your QB that means he can't throw the ball.

I fully understand that when any national media discuss the Bengals they will talk about the inconsistent play of Andy dalton.  Even the most hard core Bengal fan knows this has been a problem.  But no legitimate analyst is going to predict that Dalton will be benched for MCCarron by the end of the year.

The only way McCarron sees the field is mop up duty or Andy is hurt....IF and only IF he is the #2 QB. Dude was a 6th round pick who has proven exactly ZERO.

The only way McCarron sees the field is mop up duty or Andy is hurt....IF and only IF he is the #2 QB. Dude was a 6th round pick who has proven exactly ZERO.

It is sad that I need to keep repeating this, but I am not bashing McCarron when I say he has not proven anything yet.  i actually hope he turns out to be a very good QB.  That would be good for the Bengals.  But even if he looks great in practice he is not going to take the starting job unless Dalton has a string of multiple games where he looks absolutely horrible.  And even though Dalton has laid a few eggs in his career he has always bounced back and played well enough for us to win big games and make the playoffs.

If Dalton regresses overall this year with healthy receivers and an elite running game then there may be a competition for the starting job next year.  But I just don't see him playing poorly enough for an extended period of time to get benched this year.

Archived