1. FIRE MARVIN! How in the hell can you keep a coach that is 0-7 in the postseason and had several players openly criticize his inability to control his team. The locker room is divided, the message is stale, the respect is gone. Its time for a change. 

2. Put AJ McCarron on the trade block. His confidence, preparation, and play could potentially become a draftpick goldmine. Based on what he's done and his pedigree he's gotta be worth a 2 and potentially a 1 come draft day. Andy is our guy moving forward lets not kid ourselves. AJ does nothing for us on the bench. 

3. Draft Jeremy Hill's replacement. This isnt just about the fumble, its about the uninspired play and awful demeanor all season long. Rudi Johnson would have rushed for more yards this season than Hill. The attitude problems he had in college were evident this year. 

4. Sign Iloka and Nelson to extensions. I love these guys. They play well together, are feared, and have good years left. 

5. Cut ties with Nugent. Too many missed kicks and a dollartree water pistol for a leg on kickoffs. Marvin was quoted saying they weren't in fieldgoal range when Hill fumbled the ball... 42 yards is out of fieldgoal range? He hasnt done his job well in 2 seasons, time to move on. 

6. Let the following players walk in free agency:

Andre Smith, Adam Jones, Emmanuel Lemur, Eric Winston, Pat Sims, Mohammad Sanu

7. Bring the following players back: 

Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, George Iloka, Vinnie Rey, Wallace Gilberry, Brandon Tate, Marvin Jones

8. Ogbuehi becomes LT, Whit slides to Guard, Fisher RT. Boling is a rotational or backup player. Whit played very well this year so this isnt a form of punishment. Moving him to guard strengthens that position and gets your first round player on the field. 

1.  Fire Paul Alexander

2. Find a way to Keep Vance Joseph

3. Keep Marvin Jones

4. Draft a competent center or find one in FA

5. Draft a CB to replace Leon

6. Draft a LB...Burfict, Rey, Dawson and another promising rookie would be nice

7. Find a run stuffing DT in FA or Draft

8. Fire Paul Alexander again

1. FIRE MARVIN! How in the hell can you keep a coach that is 0-7 in the postseason and had several players openly criticize his inability to control his team. The locker room is divided, the message is stale, the respect is gone. Its time for a change. 

2. Put AJ McCarron on the trade block. His confidence, preparation, and play could potentially become a draftpick goldmine. Based on what he's done and his pedigree he's gotta be worth a 2 and potentially a 1 come draft day. Andy is our guy moving forward lets not kid ourselves. AJ does nothing for us on the bench. 

3. Draft Jeremy Hill's replacement. This isnt just about the fumble, its about the uninspired play and awful demeanor all season long. Rudi Johnson would have rushed for more yards this season than Hill. The attitude problems he had in college were evident this year. 

4. Sign Iloka and Nelson to extensions. I love these guys. They play well together, are feared, and have good years left. 

5. Cut ties with Nugent. Too many missed kicks and a dollartree water pistol for a leg on kickoffs. Marvin was quoted saying they weren't in fieldgoal range when Hill fumbled the ball... 42 yards is out of fieldgoal range? He hasnt done his job well in 2 seasons, time to move on. 

6. Let the following players walk in free agency:

Andre Smith, Adam Jones, Emmanuel Lemur, Eric Winston, Pat Sims, Mohammad Sanu

7. Bring the following players back: 

Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, George Iloka, Vinnie Rey, Wallace Gilberry, Brandon Tate, Marvin Jones

8. Ogbuehi becomes LT, Whit slides to Guard, Fisher RT. Boling is a rotational or backup player. Whit played very well this year so this isnt a form of punishment. Moving him to guard strengthens that position and gets your first round player on the field. 

1. I agree with firing Lewis ONLY IF a better replacement is available. Hell, if I'm Lewis, I would think it's time to retire.

2. I agree but let's not pull a trade just to pull a trade. I think he would get the Bengals a decent return and the Bengals shouldn't settle. A good situation to be in for sure.

3. I wouldn't put a focus on this just yet. Remember, Bernard's second season wasn't that great either. Let Hill stew on this for the offseason. Maybe he comes back a lot more eager next year and starts trucking people.

4. YES!!!!

5. To be fair; they would have lost about a yard or two on each kneel down. Add another 4-8 yards to the distance.

6. I agree with all but Jones and Sanu. Unless Sanu gets big bucks, he should be a cheap player to bring back.

7. They can get rid of Rey and Tate if you ask me. I would like the others to be brought back.

8. Intriguing. I think they do need to look at some interior line help in the draft. They are set at Tackle even when Andre Smith leaves.

1. Marvin is not going anywhere and I'm not sure he should. I believe a healthy Dalton all year and we have a different outcome. 

2. I think there is benefit to having a cheap capable backup QB.

3. If Zeke is on the board at 24 I'd be thinking about it. But I'm not giving up on Hill after 1 bad season.

Other thoughts of my own:

I might consider bringing in a new LB coach. Someone who can develop some discipline in Burfict. 

Bring back Coyle as either DB coach or DC if we lose Guenther. 

Try to keep Marvin Jones. 

Consider drafting another CB in 1. Dre did not impress me this year.

Must upgrade LB talent.      

Not 100% the Bengals have a Right Tackle on the roster that is going to replace Andre Smith.   A lot of offseason work to get a traditional power RT with Fischer that might not be 300 pounds right now.       Unless they are forging a completely different path at RT. 

I'm more on the keep Lewis train at this point.   I didn't have a problem with the playcalling at the end of the game.  Hill blew it.  

Never take your eye off CB talent just too important.  

They had already started negotiations with Pacman in the offseason. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont be so sure... The rant post game via instagram and contribution to the meltdown not to mention he's publically stated he wants "paid" like a top corner make me think he wont be back. I dont hate pacman but I question his ability to focus when the team needs him most. Getting mad at Porter for talking trash is petty highschool shit. He has to be more mature than that.

Nobody is going to touch Pacman after this weeks game, right or wrong. We will keep him.

My list, which I will keep realistic knowing the organization like I do.

1. Marvin will likely stay, his assistants no idea. If Hue leaves promote James Urban. If Paul leaves give Lovie Smith a call (he and Marvin are friends)  and even if Paul doesn't leave and we can't keep Vance Jones I give Smith a call to replace him.

2. Resign Reggie Nelson, Illoka, Marvin Jones, Adam Jones, maybe Sanu and maybe Hall (so long as Hall gets less than he is making now), then decide between Sims and Thompson and give them backup money.

3. Depending on if we can get the guys on my list back in FA draft LB, WR, CB, OL, and DT

4. Andy and AJ continue their work with that mechanics coach in the offseason because it has worked wonders.

Finally

Send Antonio Brown a Manu Ginobili jersey

I don't mind if Hue leaves for San Fran. Who the hell takes an interview the day after your playoff game? You have to prepare for an interview. Look at the roster of the team, etc. How the hell do you take that interview?! You tell them you want to focus on your current job, as they would expect if they were in that same boat. 1st half offensive scheming was worthless.  I'm ok with James "Keith" Urban. He comes from the Andy Reid school.

Marvin is highly valuable for bringing the players here. Cannot lose ML. And I used to be anti- Marvin unless I realized his value. Sometimes we forget what we had, talent wise, prior to Marvin getting here.  I do agree that offensively managing a game is not Marvin's forte and he ought to hand it off to someone offensive minded.

McCarron is the backup and should stay that way. A damn good one. But backup nonetheless, at least at this stage.

Jeremy Hill will mature. His dancing is annoying, but he has things you can use. You wanna give up on a 2nd rd RB just like that?

Iloka/Nelson - yea, that's fine, but Shawn Williams is the future leader of that secondary. I wouldn't break the bank with Reggie. 

I have no problem with a replacement for Nuge. He is an average kicker. Upgrade is a good thing. Adam Jones comes back, without a doubt. Thompson is  > Peko. Andre Smith with mid pay is ok, but someone will pay him, so g'bye. Replace Tate, if possible. Marvin Jones is a resign. Leon resign for less money. Vinney Rey is fine, unless we find someone better to replace him.

Replace Bodine or find him some new legs. He may bench 50 x 225lb but his legs ain't cuttin it.

If Paul leaves give Lovie Smith a call (he and Marvin are friends)  and even if Paul doesn't leave and we can't keep Vance Jones I give Smith a call to replace him.

I like the idea of bringing in an established guy to run the defense - for a variety of reasons.  Lovie Smith is a Cover 2 guy, though.  There may be some tweaks to the system, but changing the system would be a bad idea.

If I were king for a day, I'd bring in Mike Singletary as a linebackers coach/special assistant.  That's a no nonsense guy that automatically commands respect when he walks through the door.  If there's anyone who can teach Vontaze Burfict to harness his aggression and cutout the silliness, I'd say it's Singletary.

1. Let Duke Tobin work his magic in the draft, and continue to build this team (which has gradually increased its talent and overall depth), so the banks will burst and the team will breakthrough with an even better roster than this year.  Also increasing talent, increases level of competition, which breeds better players.

2.  Keep as many of our top FA's as we can, except Hall.

3. Continue to upgrade LB core through draft and (if necessary) FA, as without Burfict, this group is average at best.

4. Let Guenther go.  Defense finished 11th in yards allowed, which is ok but it was all down to Burfict returning from injury.  Take him out, the Bengals would have been languishing in the 20s in terms of yards allowed, and would be a lot lower than 2nd in points allowed.  Unlike Zimmer, he doesn't get enough out of the D as a group, considering the wealth of talent there.

5.  Retain Vance Joseph, make him DC and assistant head coach (which is currently Paul Alexander).

6. Get Hill back to his playing weight from his rookie year.  He put on weight this last offseason in order to improve his strength, but this backfired imo, and took way some of his burst and cutting ability.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

7. Make James Urban new OC in place of (the probably) departed Hue Jackson.

8. Re-hire Kevin Coyle as CB coach.

9. Get a white witch to bless PBS, players, and coaches and bring better luck to the organisation.  Cincinnati needs an exorcism!

1. I agree with firing Lewis ONLY IF a better replacement is available. Hell, if I'm Lewis, I would think it's time to retire.

2. I agree but let's not pull a trade just to pull a trade. I think he would get the Bengals a decent return and the Bengals shouldn't settle. A good situation to be in for sure.

3. I wouldn't put a focus on this just yet. Remember, Bernard's second season wasn't that great either. Let Hill stew on this for the offseason. Maybe he comes back a lot more eager next year and starts trucking people.

4. YES!!!!

5. To be fair; they would have lost about a yard or two on each kneel down. Add another 4-8 yards to the distance.

6. I agree with all but Jones and Sanu. Unless Sanu gets big bucks, he should be a cheap player to bring back.

7. They can get rid of Rey and Tate if you ask me. I would like the others to be brought back.

8. Intriguing. I think they do need to look at some interior line help in the draft. They are set at Tackle even when Andre Smith leaves.

No way does hill put on another bengals uniform. Those teammates of his. Trained, sacrificed , played injured and who knows what else in there person lives to come to that special moment. And What he do to all those sacrifices? Fumbles carelessly without regard for what it took to get to that time and place. He's a basket case and potential cancer in that locker room. Dump his ass and get him psychological help. Selfish bastard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a LB that can cover tight ends, Lemur or Vinny should have never been starters. Malugea has gotten  better for run stopping but our coverage is lacking in the middle. Center would be second on my list or Peko's replacement. 

I like the idea of bringing in an established guy to run the defense - for a variety of reasons.  Lovie Smith is a Cover 2 guy, though.  There may be some tweaks to the system, but changing the system would be a bad idea.

If I were king for a day, I'd bring in Mike Singletary as a linebackers coach/special assistant.  That's a no nonsense guy that automatically commands respect when he walks through the door.  If there's anyone who can teach Vontaze Burfict to harness his aggression and cutout the silliness, I'd say it's Singletary.

funny, i had that same thought regarding singletary, alice.

I don't mind if Hue leaves for San Fran. Who the hell takes an interview the day after your playoff game? You have to prepare for an interview. Look at the roster of the team, etc. How the hell do you take that interview?! You tell them you want to focus on your current job, as they would expect if they were in that same boat. 1st half offensive scheming was worthless.  I'm ok with James "Keith" Urban. He comes from the Andy Reid school.

Marvin is highly valuable for bringing the players here. Cannot lose ML. And I used to be anti- Marvin unless I realized his value. Sometimes we forget what we had, talent wise, prior to Marvin getting here.  I do agree that offensively managing a game is not Marvin's forte and he ought to hand it off to someone offensive minded.

McCarron is the backup and should stay that way. A damn good one. But backup nonetheless, at least at this stage.

Jeremy Hill will mature. His dancing is annoying, but he has things you can use. You wanna give up on a 2nd rd RB just like that?

Iloka/Nelson - yea, that's fine, but Shawn Williams is the future leader of that secondary. I wouldn't break the bank with Reggie. 

I have no problem with a replacement for Nuge. He is an average kicker. Upgrade is a good thing. Adam Jones comes back, without a doubt. Thompson is  > Peko. Andre Smith with mid pay is ok, but someone will pay him, so g'bye. Replace Tate, if possible. Marvin Jones is a resign. Leon resign for less money. Vinney Rey is fine, unless we find someone better to replace him.

Replace Bodine or find him some new legs. He may bench 50 x 225lb but his legs ain't cuttin it.

Tobin brings in the talent.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I can not stand lewis , I wish he'd leave or get fired , but we all know that won't happen .

most good or normal owners would of got rid of lewis a long time ago , but don't have any of those , there in cinncy .

Yeah because changing head coaches every 3 years is working out so well for other franchises.

I recall Wilcots or someone else in the know saying that Marvin tells him the type of player he wants.

Yeah, I'm sure. Hey Duke, I want a really good linebacker who is good at shedding blocks and making tackles. Hey Duke, I want a really good WR. Who runs crisp routes.

It's not hard to figure out the type of players that would be good for your team.

Yeah, I'm sure. Hey Duke, I want a really good linebacker who is good at shedding blocks and making tackles. Hey Duke, I want a really good WR. Who runs crisp routes.

It's not hard to figure out the type of players that would be good for your team.

I tend to believe it's not quite that simple but ok. ;)

LOL trade AJ? what happens if dalton get's injured? draft a replacement backup? We need a back up QB and it's mcCarron...

Yes let Sanu walk, keep Marvin Jones.

Yes let Andre Walk.

Yes Resign all our secondary guys, Hall to a vet min.

Cut Peko after we draft his replacement.

Archived