Bengals FA News/Rumors

After just hearing and watching Jones comments and body language on NFL Live I'm starting to think he may be about to hit the road. He even went as far as to make a full fledged pitch to potential destinations after Trey Wingo told him to. It's not that he did it after being asked to It's just he seemed to be completely sincere while doing so. On a good note he did say he hopes it all works out like planned and even though not saying he was directly referring to plans he and Cincinnati have it definitely came across like he was referring to Cincy. Idk maybe it just seems a bit more unsettling to me because out of the big free agents we have he is the one I gave the highest % of being back because him of all players on the team seemed to have the most passion and pride playing for Cincy and had a genuine gratitude towards the Bengals giving him another shot to ressurect his career. I hope this is just me thinking to much about it because not only his play on the field but his presence and wanting to succeed is a big help in the locker room I believe. He seems to be well liked as a team mate as well. Example I have is can't remember game but during a timeout he went out on the field and gave AJ and company some grief and that's all it took to get the offense going. All that said hope he's back in stripes he could be a big loss.

Have to think that the Dolphins are out of the running on our guys with their signing of Mario Williams and getting Maxwell and Alonso.  That's a fuckton of capmoney on the defensive side of the ball.  Rumors are that they are going to rescind their transition tag on Oliver Vernon.

After just hearing and watching Jones comments and body language on NFL Live I'm starting to think he may be about to hit the road. He even went as far as to make a full fledged pitch to potential destinations after Trey Wingo told him to. It's not that he did it after being asked to It's just he seemed to be completely sincere while doing so. On a good note he did say he hopes it all works out like planned and even though not saying he was directly referring to plans he and Cincinnati have it definitely came across like he was referring to Cincy. Idk maybe it just seems a bit more unsettling to me because out of the big free agents we have he is the one I gave the highest % of being back because him of all players on the team seemed to have the most passion and pride playing for Cincy and had a genuine gratitude towards the Bengals giving him another shot to ressurect his career. I hope this is just me thinking to much about it because not only his play on the field but his presence and wanting to succeed is a big help in the locker room I believe. He seems to be well liked as a team mate as well. Example I have is can't remember game but during a timeout he went out on the field and gave AJ and company some grief and that's all it took to get the offense going. All that said hope he's back in stripes he could be a big loss.

There's one somewhat positive way to read into Jones sounding like he's leaving today...

Albert Breer of NFL.com said the Bengals were prioritizing Marvin Jones and George Iloka as their top two targets. If things are close to being wrapped up with those guys, there might not be enough money left for Pacman, but the Bengals would still land their top two guys. So it may just be that Adam Jones is the Plan B and the Plan A seems to be working out for the Bengals and he is finding out that there might not be enough money for Cincy to match what he's getting offered elsewhere. 

Of course, if you want to look at it in a worst case scenario, you could say that it looks like Plan B (Pacman) isn't working out and odds aren't real high we keep both our Plan A guys so we'd then be onto Plan C or D 

There's one somewhat positive way to read into Jones sounding like he's leaving today...

Albert Breer of NFL.com said the Bengals were prioritizing Marvin Jones and George Iloka as their top two targets. If things are close to being wrapped up with those guys, there might not be enough money left for Pacman, but the Bengals would still land their top two guys. So it may just be that Adam Jones is the Plan B and the Plan A seems to be working out for the Bengals and he is finding out that there might not be enough money for Cincy to match what he's getting offered elsewhere. 

Of course, if you want to look at it in a worst case scenario, you could say that it looks like Plan B (Pacman) isn't working out and odds aren't real high we keep both our Plan A guys so we'd then be onto Plan C or D 

The only reason I would hate this would be due to Adam's return ability. In the long-run, its probably not a bad thing though.  As long as he doesn't end up in the division.  Maybe pigeon-hole us into drafting a corner in round one.

The only reason I would hate this would be due to Adam's return ability. In the long-run, its probably not a bad thing though.  As long as he doesn't end up in the division.  Maybe pigeon-hole us into drafting a corner in round one.

I'm kind of torn on it as well if we have to choose between these guys. Losing Adam to keep a younger guy like Iloka almost definitely hurts us in 2016. Jones played great in 2015, while Iloka was pretty good but not a major difference maker. But if you look at Jones' comments to the media, you can tell that his hangup is about length of the deal (him talking about having 4-5 good years left).

It's smart in the long run to prioritize the 26-year olds and not the guys who will be 33 in September. Especially if the 33-year old wants a 4-year deal with a bunch of guaranteed money.

Iloka and Jones could be centerpieces for the next 4-5 years. Nelson-Adam Jones Not so much. 

To me, Adam Jones is the best all around football player since Deion Sanders. 

However that mo fo is hugely responsible for our playoff meltdown. Anyway you look at it part of the blame falls on his shoulders. If he wants to go, good bye best overall player since the great Deion. 

When I was a young man and their were girls that liked me but I didn't like them because I thought they were ugly, my moma would always tell me that it is not what is on the outside that matters that what is on the inside matters.

Watching Pacman cover routes is amazing. Watching Pacman return punts is absolutely beautiful.  However I question what is inside Pac Man. Maybe its best for the Bengals to move on.  Maybe he will go to the Dolphins and maybe we will face the Dolphins in the first round to have Pac Man loose his temper on the last play of the game and get flagged for 15 to put us in field goal range to win the game. 

Quite the conundrum. Losing all of these players, with a lot of cash available to keep at least a few. But also realizing that if they don't, there will be no one brought in from the outside of any magnitude. Just draft and draft some more. Not a bad thing of course, just that it will take 2-3 years to bring them up. Then lather, rinse, repeat. 

This team will always have the most talented roster, and will win a lot of games. Suppose things could be worse.

Quite the conundrum. Losing all of these players, with a lot of cash available to keep at least a few. But also realizing that if they don't, there will be no one brought in from the outside of any magnitude. Just draft and draft some more. Not a bad thing of course, just that it will take 2-3 years to bring them up. Then lather, rinse, repeat. 

This team will always have the most talented roster, and will win a lot of games. Suppose things could be worse.

Its almost like we rent players for a few years and then they move on. Coaches, too, now.

Ironically, with a few exceptions (Zimmer, Gruden as coaches, Fitzpatrick, kind of), most of them had their best years here playing the roles they fit into.

Its almost like we rent players for a few years and then they move on. Coaches, too, now.

Ironically, with a few exceptions (Zimmer, Gruden as coaches, Fitzpatrick, kind of), most of them had their best years here playing the roles they fit into.

isn't that like what the Squeelers and Patriots are always applauded for doing?

Archived