Bengals FA News/Rumors

Denher jr. Saying it likely spells the end of Reggie in cincy. Not sure if he's plugged in on that or not.  Wouldn't be surprising with the way Shawn stepped up last year.  Would be a bummer though.

Bengals are one of five teams talking to Andre Holmes from Oakland.

He's pretty decent. Big, solid speed and good in the red zone. 

Adding somebody like that would at least mean you have some kind of Plan B if the right guy isn't there in the draft.

Wonder if it is "Talking", as in past tense (i.e. before today) or present tense (today, because oh shit now we have too)? 

Think it means they are currently talking to him. 

They can't go into the draft with Tate as the #2 WR. 

I'd be surprised if they don't sign somebody at receiver in free agency. Even if it's a lower-level guy like Holmes.

Bottom line is we don't need a #1 receiver. Other teams do. They will pay him accordingly, and we will never pay him beyond a top level #2. So, he's as good as gone. We will draft our #2 this year, potentially in the same mold as him, and most likely not in the first round either. I'm looking at round 2 for his replacement. We should also get a good comp if he's signed to a #1 receiver contract, so I don't see as forgoing a 3rd round comp pick to re-sign him for outlandish money.

Iloka is a different story IMHO. He's young and quite possibly our #1 starter in that position. No way will we let him walk easily.

Good Riddance...He is not worth that kind of money!!

As much as the start of FA always just pisses me off, the Bengals have been pretty spot on the last 5 years with their strategy.   There is no way in hell we could justify what was paid to little Hawk, Michael Johnson, and if true Sanu.   Spend a little more on guys who are true difference makers and don't overpay good, NOT great players.    

As much as the start of FA always just pisses me off, the Bengals have been pretty spot on the last 5 years with their strategy.   There is no way in hell we could justify what was paid to little Hawk, Michael Johnson, and if true Sanu.   Spend a little more on guys who are true difference makers and don't overpay good, NOT great players.    

Yeah, and we've got some nice bargains on our own guys at times too. 

Crazy to look back and see we got a 3 year extension with Adam Jones for $1.7M a year for example. 

Iloka at $6M per year seems like a steal in a market where Sanu is getting $7M per year and Janoris Jenkins is getting $12.5M per.

Archived