Bengals FA News/Rumors

Brock Lobster to the Texans

Broncos are rumored to be looking at Kapernick and/or RG3 to replace him

Wow.  The guy knew their system and played pretty good under the circumstances.  

Brock Lobster to the Texans

Broncos are rumored to be looking at Kapernick and/or RG3 to replace him

Odd... I just read yesterday that Brockpocalypse Now had signed with the Broncos for stupid crazy cash.

Disregard.  The Donks had offered $45M/3 yrs, but it wasn't a signed deal.  Houston just put Denver in the hurt locker by signing Brocktimus Prime away from them with their $72M/4 yr deal.  Holy shit, that's waay too much cashola for a mediocre QB who happens to be really stupidly tall.

Sanu was under utilized here, but that's due to the other weapons.  He's being valued at what I thought he would be (similar to M. Jones), being that he's a damn good player, extremely physical, blocks from the WR position like Hines Ward (without the cheap-shots) and has great size.  He'll be missed.  If he goes to NE, I think he will be used properly and flourish in that system.  

No way you pay your #3 option at best $8 million / year.  Good luck to Marvin Jones in Detroit.  Now the Lions have 2 Golden Tates.  

I think Pacman is big for the Bengals to get re-signed.  He was one of the top 5 overall best players for this team in 2015.  Losing him would hurt pretty badly IMO.  

I'd like to have Nelson back still, but doesn't seem like the Bengals do. 

I'd like to have Doctson in the draft to replace M. Jones, or another FA WR.... but none of this Andre Holmes bullshit.  

The Bengals are going to have to get some kind of WR in free agency since both Jones and Sanu are gone.

They have to have a veteran mixed in there with a draft pick or two.  That being said, who and at what cost?

If Jones gets $8 mill per and Sanu $7 mill per, (If that's correct), the Bengals will have to overpay a little to

get one.  The weak FA market at WR and the weak draft class at WR is driving up the price in FA.  I'm not saying

we have to get a veteran to come in and start in Marvin Jones' place but at the very least for depth.  Do they spend

a little more for a younger veteran WR or roll the dice on one of the older vets on possibly a 1 year deal?  

The and Mike Zimmer talked with George Iloka and Reggie Nelson. But Iloka went to Cincy, Vikes went with Michael Griffin.

Wonder if Reggie's price is insane right now?  Its a really saturated safety market.  Hoping he's just sitting there and we can take him back.

Bengals get a B+ from ESPN writer Barnwell for Ioloka signing. Guess he didn't have it higher bc he thought they should not have let him hit the market to begin with. Could have got him at a little better price if they extended him earlier possibly.Probably more of George wanting to test his worth more than Cincy unwilling to extend him .

Odd... I just read yesterday that Brockpocalypse Now had signed with the Broncos for stupid crazy cash.

Disregard.  The Donks had offered $45M/3 yrs, but it wasn't a signed deal.  Houston just put Denver in the hurt locker by signing Brocktimus Prime away from them with their $72M/4 yr deal.  Holy shit, that's waay too much cashola for a mediocre QB who happens to be really stupidly tall.

www.youtube.com/56e174e0-765d-49a3-b71a-3542fb613ba7

Yes, and they're already talking about Mo Sanu. Andre Smith has NO interest so far.

Remember the last time he was a free agent and has expecting big attention? Teams are not keen to sign up and down fatasses.

Liked the re-signings on Pacman and Iloka and am OK with the loss of Jones (and likely Sanu). Would like to see Hall, Sims, Gilberry and either Rey or Lamur return on reasonable contracts.

Remember the last time he was a free agent and has expecting big attention? Teams are not keen to sign up and down fatasses.

Liked the re-signings on Pacman and Iloka and am OK with the loss of Jones (and likely Sanu). Would like to see Hall, Sims, Gilberry and either Rey or Lamur return on reasonable contracts.

I may be wrong but I think Lamur signed with the Vikings didn't he?  Thought I saw/read that somewhere but could be wrong.  

You're right about Andre Smith though.  He sat around last time he was a FA.  

I may be wrong but I think Lamur signed with the Vikings didn't he?  Thought I saw/read that somewhere but could be wrong.  

You're right about Andre Smith though.  He sat around last time he was a FA.  

You're right, Lamur got 2 years, $6M in Minnesota. 

Pretty pleased with how FA has played out so far. Had my fingers crossed for 3 of the big 4 (Jones, Jones and a Safety), but thought that 2/4 would be a solid enough outcome considering all the money other teams had to throw around. 

I'm guessing the Bengals will now turn their attention to trying to keep Vinny Rey and that he will cost $4-5M per year on a short-term deal. 

After that, they almost have to get a FA or two at WR. Even if it's just some #3 or #4 WR types, they need some capable bodies to come in and compete. And think we absolutely are going to get a pair of WRs in the draft now too.

You're right, Lamur got 2 years, $6M in Minnesota. 

Pretty pleased with how FA has played out so far. Had my fingers crossed for 3 of the big 4 (Jones, Jones and a Safety), but thought that 2/4 would be a solid enough outcome considering all the money other teams had to throw around. 

I'm guessing the Bengals will now turn their attention to trying to keep Vinny Rey and that he will cost $4-5M per year on a short-term deal. 

After that, they almost have to get a FA or two at WR. Even if it's just some #3 or #4 WR types, they need some capable bodies to come in and compete. And think we absolutely are going to get a pair of WRs in the draft now too.

Yep they're going to need to get at least one veteran WR in free agency.  It's not a good year to be needing one either.  They'll have to overpay

a little bit for a younger one.  May see them bring in an older one on a one/two year deal once the dust settles.  

I wonder if they have reached out to Kirkpatrick's or Zeitler's agents to do an extension at all to try to lower their perspective cap numbers?

Yep they're going to need to get at least one veteran WR in free agency.  It's not a good year to be needing one either.  They'll have to overpay

a little bit for a younger one.  May see them bring in an older one on a one/two year deal once the dust settles.  

I wonder if they have reached out to Kirkpatrick's or Zeitler's agents to do an extension at all to try to lower their perspective cap numbers?

This situation with the wide receivers was - and remains - pretty predictable.  Marvin Jones' injury in 2014 was the key factor.  The time to extend a guy is the offseason BEFORE his contract year.   

I've seen several people say that the Bengals offered a deal similar to Detroit's.  That's EXTREMELY unlikely.  I'm much more inclined to believe the writers who've said the Bengals didn't try at all to re-sign him.  

I'm seeing reports that Mo Sanu has a $7mil/ offer from Atlanta.  If that's true, Marvin Jones should fire his agent.  If Sanu can get 7, Jones should have gotten 10.  Seriously.

If there's been any talk with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick about extensions, it's been very preliminary.  I'd expect one or both to get done in the lead up to training camp.

If the Bengals pay significant money for Kirkpatrick, it's going to be a mistake they regret for a very long time. Zeitler, Eifert and Bernard should be the focus.

Archived