Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catfish Bob

Who's the next HC?

Recommended Posts

My guesses

Ray Finkle

Butch Davis

Mike Tomlin

Nick Saban

Bill Lazor

Jay Gruden

 

 

Naw seriously who y'all think it will be?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo put out the name Brian Kelly.  I doubt it, but what would others think?  

 

I think it will be Hue until it's not.  But I don't think he's just handed the job.  Mike will interview him, and other candidates, but Hue may be the best option willing to take the job, and Mike is comfortable with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo

You, Sir, are part of the problem. By listening to that moron, you are contributing to keeping him on the air. You should immediately return home and flog yourself.

 

Kidding aside, I think these guys are throwing out any possible name so they can be 'right' - no chance Kelly comes here.

 

I hate it, but I think they go with Joseph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urban Meyer? (I mean, it can't hurt to ask, right?)

I would also put out Ken Whisenhunt. Previous experience, knows the division, and has an O that can hang in the pass happy West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cat said:

You, Sir, are part of the problem. By listening to that moron, you are contributing to keeping him on the air. You should immediately return home and flog yourself.

 

Kidding aside, I think these guys are throwing out any possible name so they can be 'right' - no chance Kelly comes here.

 

I hate it, but I think they go with Joseph.

1530 wasn't talking about Marvin.  Not on I Heart Radio anyway.  So I listened to whoever was on 700. :lol: 

 

Whoever it will be, it will be someone Mike is comfortable with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bieniemy is the most intriguing being that he used to play here. 

 

But I'm not convinced his O isnt the product of exceptional players and not his scheme. 

 

Just not Hue or Joseph, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The #Bengals plan to conduct interviews soon with in-house head coach candidates -- a list that's expected to include STC Darrin Simmons and OC Bill Lazor, sources say. Of course, Hue Jackson -- long viewed as Marvin Lewis' successor -- also finished the season on staff.”

 

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1079797483490942976?s=21

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

“The #Bengals plan to conduct interviews soon with in-house head coach candidates -- a list that's expected to include STC Darrin Simmons and OC Bill Lazor, sources say. Of course, Hue Jackson -- long viewed as Marvin Lewis' successor -- also finished the season on staff.”

 

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1079797483490942976?s=21

 

giphy.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

“The #Bengals plan to conduct interviews soon with in-house head coach candidates -- a list that's expected to include STC Darrin Simmons and OC Bill Lazor, sources say. Of course, Hue Jackson -- long viewed as Marvin Lewis' successor -- also finished the season on staff.”

 

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1079797483490942976?s=21

 

IF they stay internal, Simmons is the guy I would prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

IF they stay internal, Simmons is the guy I would prefer.

Thinking outside the box is over rated. I mean, there's a box there for a reason, right? It's not just some place where they put all of the bad ideas while they left the good ideas on the floor. The box keeps your thoughts neat and tidy. It's walls keep out the wailing of self doubt and it's lid shields you from the luminous discomfort of self-reflection. The box is warm and cozy.

Cats like boxes. We're the Bengals. We're cats.

~ Mike Brown, "My life as a self-made man" TED 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo put out the name Brian Kelly.  I doubt it, but what would others think?  

 

I think it will be Hue until it's not.  But I don't think he's just handed the job.  Mike will interview him, and other candidates, but Hue may be the best option willing to take the job, and Mike is comfortable with him.

I'm surprised Ken Broo radio disc jockey took time away from interviewing Elvis' back-up tambourine player in 1958 to talk Bengals football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they'd decided on an internal hire wouldn't they have announced it at the same time?

 

Signed, Sliver of Hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If they'd decided on an internal hire wouldn't they have announced it at the same time?

 

Signed, Sliver of Hope

Only if it was a minority candidate - I have to think the Rooney Rule applies here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If they'd decided on an internal hire wouldn't they have announced it at the same time?

 

Signed, Sliver of Hope

Mike Brown was still wiping Marvin's cum off his chin when he came up with the list. Be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saphead said:

I'm surprised Ken Broo radio disc jockey took time away from interviewing Elvis' back-up tambourine player in 1958 to talk Bengals football. 

that's hilarious 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next head coach will be Marvin. Like every player in the past that wore out his welcome that finally eventually was released, he will come back to open arms after nobody else wanted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Am I the only one thinking that Simmons is just the Rooney Rule "token" candidate?

He's white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And Hue Jackson and Vance Joeseph aren't. That was the joke.

Oh.  Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...