Sign in to follow this  
MichaelWeston

2019 Free Agency

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

just sign cole beasley and call it a day....if they truly want rid of john ross.

Adam Humphries. 

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Adam Humphries. 

Humphries will be more costly in my opinion.  

10 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

just sign cole beasley and call it a day....if they truly want rid of john ross.

Lavernues Cole Beasley?

One of the rationales for Mikey & the Bengals not pursuing higher end FA's is they don't want signings costing them potential comp picks in the next draft.  The only potential FA loss that could conceivably bring a premium Comp pick would be Dennard (and they could still re-up him).  Think it might be a good time to shop and Mikey may decide to splurge?

🤣🤣🤣  Naw, me either.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, oldschooler said:

There are plenty of differing opinions concerning Foles.  On the other hand, there is a significant consensus regarding Bortles...he sucks. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:53 PM, snarkster said:

One of the rationales for Mikey & the Bengals not pursuing higher end FA's is they don't want signings costing them potential comp picks in the next draft.  The only potential FA loss that could conceivably bring a premium Comp pick would be Dennard (and they could still re-up him).  Think it might be a good time to shop and Mikey may decide to splurge?

🤣🤣🤣  Naw, me either.

It's bullshit, just like their song & dance about rolling over cap money for some big payday in the sky.  They're just milking the withered NFL cash cow for all it's worth.

22 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I count 4 OT's, 5 guards and 3 centers.  Half of them ought to be touching down at CVG sometime in the next few weeks.

Given how shallow this tackle draft class is we really need to bring in a free agent to be the starter.

If I am the Bengals, my outside FA targets are KJ Wright, Ja'Wuan James, Donovan Smith, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Daryl Williams, Trent Brown and Anthony Barr. If I could have a dream free agency period, they'd sign James and Hicks and some depth players at LB and/or OT and/or OG and/or S and/or WR.  

I'd like to see some moves before the draft so there's no need to reach just to fill out the roster.  

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Oh, hell yes! He's disrupted our offense plenty over the years. 

5 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Who is the best coverage LB out of Mosley, Alexander, Wright, Barr and Hicks? That's the guy I want. This team got roasted by teams exploiting their inability to cover at the LB position last season.