Jump to content

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

Nothing wrong for us, maybe.  He's the easy consensus first overall pick right now.   What does this gain him other than an opportunity to risk all that in meaningless practice scrums for coaches whose time could be better spent scouting for someone to protect his blindside?  

 

It's tone-deaf, pointless, and deviously makes Burrow look like the bad guy if he refuses despite that being overwhelmingly in his best interest.  Floating this "request" through the media is a transparent power move, we want everyone to see him smiling and eating that shit sandwich for the assembled press like he can't wait to throw his career away here.  It's toxic bully behavior.  

 

In other words, all things that are fast becoming the hallmarks of this current staff.  He doesn't owe us shit before the evening of April 23rd but we're acting like he's already an employee.  I'm getting the impression that Taylor has quickly grown accustomed to demanding a level of respect that he hasn't come close to earning yet.  His "system" so far is bluster and bullshit from what I can tell.  I think as time goes on we'll see him continue to point the finger at everyone but himself while making a lot of noise about "accountability" and so on.  Call it a hunch.

 

I leave room for marked improvement next year to change my mind but I've not seen much to like so far.

  

 

It might be smart for Joe to go to the Senior Bowl.  After working with the Bengals coaching staff he might announce he is going to medical school or something else instead.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overlooked in our coaching changes thread, Bengals lost Brayden Coombs to the Lions to be their new Special Teams coach.

He was retained from the Marvin regime and his duties working with Simmons expanded.

 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/11/bengals-lose-promising-coach-brayden-coombs-lions/

 

Brayden is the son of (in)famous Colerain High School coach, Kerry Coombs, who led Colerain to numerous state championships.

Kerry left Colerain for the pros, most recently the Tennessee Titans.

Kerry left the Titans to return to The Ohio State where he was formerly the DB coach.

His new OSU position is "co defensive coordinator".

 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/othercolleges/2020/01/13/kerry-coombs-ohio-state-buckeyes-hire-titans-assistant-per-report/4456484002/

 

High School Harry's crystal ball sees him on the Bengals coaching staff in the not too distant future.

 

Don't forget, Hobson, you heard it here first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

 

 

Kerry left the Titans to return to The Ohio State where he was formerly the DB coach.

 

 

 

I thought that I saw him on the sideline this weekend...but couldn't recall his name to Google it...and soon lost interest in doing so.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Nothing wrong for us, maybe.  He's the easy consensus first overall pick right now.   What does this gain him other than an opportunity to risk all that in meaningless practice scrums for coaches whose time could be better spent scouting for someone to protect his blindside?  

 

It's tone-deaf, pointless, and deviously makes Burrow look like the bad guy if he refuses despite that being overwhelmingly in his best interest.  Floating this "request" through the media is a transparent power move, we want everyone to see him smiling and eating that shit sandwich for the assembled press like he can't wait to throw his career away here.  It's toxic bully behavior.  

 

In other words, all things that are fast becoming the hallmarks of this current staff.  He doesn't owe us shit before the evening of April 23rd but we're acting like he's already an employee.  I'm getting the impression that Taylor has quickly grown accustomed to demanding a level of respect that he hasn't come close to earning yet.  His "system" so far is bluster and bullshit from what I can tell.  I think as time goes on we'll see him continue to point the finger at everyone but himself while making a lot of noise about "accountability" and so on.  Call it a hunch.

 

I leave room for marked improvement next year to change my mind but I've not seen much to like so far.

  

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't see any reason for Burrow to play in the Senior Bowl but I don't see where the current coaching staff has asked him to regardless.    That game is usually for the second tier guys like a Fromm or Herbert to try and improve their draft position.    If you can pass one guy in your position in the draft it can mean quite a bit.  EX:

 

#3 Darnold  $30.2 mil GTD

#7 Allen  $21.2 mil GTD

#10 Rosen $17.6 mil GTD

#32 Jackson $7.57 mil GTD

 

4 fricking spots cost Josh Allen $9mil 

Another 3 spots cost Rosen $3.6 mil (which he doesn't deserve)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayfield took part last year knowing he was going top of the draft, no reason Joe can’t do the same thing. He doesn’t have to play in game but he should at least show up and get to know Bengals staff and vice versa.

 

Also, it was Jim Nagy, Sr Bowl Director, that started it all by tweeting out that Joe should be there to meet with Bengals. That was before the Bengals ever got involved. And, again, is no big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cricket said:

 

I thought that I saw him on the sideline this weekend...but couldn't recall his name to Google it...and soon lost interest in doing so.

 

 

image.png.1dce422c23274e748660e203d1a576fb.png

From the Enquirer article.  Was not bald when he was here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

image.png.1dce422c23274e748660e203d1a576fb.png

From the Enquirer article.  Was not bald when he was here.

Uhh, are you sure that isn't the guy who paints the lines on the practice field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth mentioning that LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady has signed with Carolina Panthers as OC. Bengals should have hired him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's worth mentioning that LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady has signed with Carolina Panthers as OC. Bengals should have hired him.

Dammit Bengals, that would ahve been nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's worth mentioning that LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady has signed with Carolina Panthers as OC. Bengals should have hired him.

LOL.  I doubt the front office knows who he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's worth mentioning that LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady has signed with Carolina Panthers as OC. Bengals should have hired him.

The Bengals just hired an Offensive genius/QB guru as a head coach, I am sure Taylor wasn't interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

The Bengals just hired an Offensive genius/QB guru as a head coach, I am sure Taylor wasn't interested.

Forgot about that Taylor guy, what ever happened to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Forgot about that Taylor guy, what ever happened to him?

 

His career seems to be doing down the toilet. Fortunately, his boss isn't very demanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

 

His career seems to be doing down the toilet. Fortunately, his boss isn't very demanding. 

If I recall, his boss has flushed a lot of careers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:2dedhorse:

 

:popcorn:

 

Excuse me, please

Not to be rude.

It wasn't me

It was my food.

Here I sit broken hearted

Came to poop and only farted.

 

Hmmmm... Tennessee Titans DBacks coach and West Side Football God left the team to return to coaching at The OSU.

Cincinnati's DBacks coach left for (who cares) leaving us with an opening.

We can't interview or poach a coach while his team is still in the playoffs but nothing to prevent us from pursuing a college coach.

Getting Kerry Combs here would be a good move.  Strong ties and following in the community and he has lots of experience

recruiting players from his years at Colerain.  oops... :ninja:

Sorry for the interruption. :offtopic:

Where were we?

Oh, yeah.  Bashing Zac.  Can Mike Brown be far behind.

 

Carry on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Solid input as usual, Kenneth,  🙄

I figured you were doing enough of the whining for everyone!!🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What's the frequency Kenneth?

Not the one you’re on.  It’s not WASS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

I figured you were doing enough of the whining for everyone!!🤣🤣

 

I guess not everyone can eat a bowl of shit and ask for seconds?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

I guess not everyone can eat a bowl of shit and ask for seconds?  

I don't know, maybe you should ask your momma? 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...