* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

Just now, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Where the hell did I say LT. Read the post again and this time use your glasses. It says OT and I figured most people with common sense knew it meant RT.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

You didn't, which is why I mentioned we already have a LT and that we need a RT but that you can get good RTs in the 2nd round? 

1 minute ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

I’m sorry your right because Herbert started multiple years and threw for over 3000 yards every year and has over 60% completion with far less talent than Golden Boy Joe.

*sigh*

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/06/2020-nfl-draft-justin-herbert-scouting-report/

Weaknesses

Though Herbert has had plenty of reps at the collegiate level, he still has some fine-tuning to do to his game.

His footwork has the tendency to fall apart in a collapsing pocket, thus hurting his ability to deliver an accurate ball. He drops back with a bit of a wide base and could stand to narrow his approach ever so slightly. Oregon’s offense doesn’t require him to look past his first read very often, and he has shown struggles with forcing throws and being unable to consistently read the field.

The touch on Herbert’s throws can be perfect at times, but he still needs some more consistency in that regard. He can overthrow his targets on deep balls from time to time and can get better at timing his vertical throws. He is also prone to firing rockets on short passes in situations that don’t require them, which can make it tougher for his targets — running backs, in particular — to make the catch.

1 hour ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Oh no my life will come to an end if I can’t post on here anymore. Please don’t torture me like that. Oh! The pain anything but that. I beg of you. Have mercy on a man whose only reason for living is to kiss the ass of Mike Brown and the idiots like you, just to be accepted. Fuck You!

Enjoy your 2 day vacation.  

Our savior LT for next season spent this season on the sideline,  I'm not counting on him to help us until he can finish 2 practices in a row healthy.  I would be happy to see another LT taken early.  If they're both healthy they can battle it out & the "loser" can replace the Phenomenal Bobby Hart or move inside.  Hopkins is the only player on our line who should feel at all comfortable right now.

55 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Our savior LT for next season spent this season on the sideline,  I'm not counting on him to help us until he can finish 2 practices in a row healthy.  I would be happy to see another LT taken early.  If they're both healthy they can battle it out & the "loser" can replace the Phenomenal Bobby Hart or move inside.  Hopkins is the only player on our line who should feel at all comfortable right now.

Let's be honest, you're not counting on anyone to be good, hell, I don't doubt that you don't even think you're good!!😂😂

Banhammer.jpeg.f171b532c597aa658819fa3c11f1ad82.jpeg

Yeah, I know there's the ignore button, which I don't use, 

but perhaps time for this child to join Fred Toast, Blue Ridge,

Lewdawg in Lala Land.

JMHO

And bring back Scharm.  He was amusing if a pain in the ass

to The Powers That Be.

Would like to see the return of Rick, although not banned, as far as I

know.  I like the tales of MILF Heaven in a golf cart.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Banhammer.jpeg.f171b532c597aa658819fa3c11f1ad82.jpeg

Yeah, I know there's the ignore button, which I don't use, 

but perhaps time for this child to join Fred Toast, Blue Ridge,

Lewdawg in Lala Land.

JMHO

And bring back Scharm.  He was amusing if a pain in the ass

to The Powers That Be.

Would like to see the return of Rick, although not banned, as far as I

know.  I like the tales of MILF Heaven in a golf cart.

Only Lewdog and blueridge have been given the Moses treatment aka stricken from history.  Scharm can still log in just can't post.  You would need to talk to Elflocko about Scharm since he dropped the hammer but at some point it just got to be too much. 

As far as Bengal_Buckeye is concerned, most of the guys who come here and start trashing the place don't stay long.  Usually give them a  timeout and they never return.   We shall see but he is at Defcon 4.

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He was cleared to play later in the season but Glenn was finally allowed to play and with the team at 0-11 why throw him out there?    Might as well showcase Glenn for a possible trade this year.   The consensus seems to be the guy is busting his ass to get back on the field unlike Cedric or Glenn.   I think the team will be fine with Jonah. 

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If we were willing to trade down, what would it take?

RG3 went for 3 firsts and a 2nd. IMO Burrow is a better prospect than Griffin. So 4 firsts or 3 firsts+3 seconds. Something like that. Picks in future years are worth less than current year picks, usually discounted by 1 round per year. So a 2022 first round pick is worth a third this year. It's probably worth a bit more due to the 5 year contracts, but a 2nd rounder in 2 years will be worth about a 4th this year. 

I'm in a mock offseason over at Football's Future and other teams are in a frenzy for Burrow. Colts are offering first rounders plus Quentin Nelson and Darius Leonard. Lions want to move up to 1 instead of taking Tua at 3. Chargers and Panthers want him bad. 

This last paragraph tells me why we should take Burrow. I know this is a mock, but if so many others teams are willing to part with so much for this guy, don't ya think we should take him ourselves?

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's all well and good but we both know that's not how the Bengals operate. They invested in Williams to be the LT they wont draft another LT until they think Williams can't do it.

4 minutes ago, crazycat said:

This last paragraph tells me why we should take Burrow. I know this is a mock, but if so many others teams are willing to part with so much for this guy, don't ya think we should take him ourselves?

Until I read an actual FACTUAL report that such trades are being offered I will have my doubts.  I would think after seeing how such moves usually DON'T pan out it would be shocking to see such a move.  The Bears got burnt by the Trubisky move.  

I don’t think they’ll completely ignore the OT spots in the draft but I definitely don’t think they’ll be taking one early...like say before R4. 

Starters are in place with Williams and Hart and then you’ve got the newcomer that played well at the end of the year in Fred Johnson. So those are the first 3, meaning they just really need one more, unless they think Prince is that guy. I’d look for them to try and improve at RG but even then I doubt they take one early considering they gave Miller a decent contract last year and Price will still be on the roster. In other words, they’ll go to war with what they have. It’s the Bengals way, after all. 

49 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He was cleared to play later in the season but Glenn was finally allowed to play and with the team at 0-11 why throw him out there?    Might as well showcase Glenn for a possible trade this year.   The consensus seems to be the guy is busting his ass to get back on the field unlike Cedric or Glenn.   I think the team will be fine with Jonah. 

Who knows what was going on with Glenn but a trade offer for him now would surprise me.   Was JW at practice or just cleared to work out?  Hope he gets into it early & often at training camp, I was really excited about the pick but the way this team handles injuries?  I want to seem him out there pancaking people before we go calling LT fixed.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Who knows what was going on with Glenn but a trade offer for him now would surprise me.   Was JW at practice or just cleared to work out?  Hope he gets into it early & often at training camp, I was really excited about the pick but the way this team handles injuries?  I want to seem him out there pancaking people before we go calling LT fixed.

This is very reasonable.  They definitely handle injuries in an odd way.  Seems to me, their issue will be solved with Williams at LT.  I believe Glenn will be the wild card.  That line played significantly better (at the very least the run game) in the second half of the year.  They may have something in this Fred Johnson as well.  The way the franchise does things is extremely frustrating, but i dont believe the sky is falling as hard as some.  

Archived