Jump to content

Has the Offensive Line giving up on Jim Turner?


Recommended Posts

Has his coaching style run its course?

He is a crusty old school coach who looks like the game has passed him by.

This line has shown ZERO improvement since he has taken the reigns.

I thought at one time Willie Anderson was interested in coaching the O-line.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Has his coaching style run its course?

He is a crusty old school coach who looks like the game has passed him by.

This line has shown ZERO improvement since he has taken the reigns.

I thought at one time Willie Anderson was interested in coaching the O-line.

 

I think the oline gave up on themselves..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Has his coaching style run its course?

He is a crusty old school coach who looks like the game has passed him by.

This line has shown ZERO improvement since he has taken the reigns.

I thought at one time Willie Anderson was interested in coaching the O-line.

 

Willie was interested, reached out, and was told they didn't need his help... clearly this coaching staff has it all together

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this Monday night game ask yourself this:  Is there one player on the Bengals O line that could start over a player on the Chiefs at their position?  Keep in mind their Left Tackle was All-Pro 2 years ago. The answer is no.  The team lacks talent period. Jonah is the only one that might be really good to great.  That’s it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason said:

From what I have heard the guys like him.  It's just they aren't very good.  I expected more from Jonah and Jordan.  The right side is what I expected.

 

Jonah has been fine - especially from a pass-blocking perspective. LT is addressed.

 

Jordan has been a pretty huge disappointment to me. No progress from last year at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, membengal said:

 

Jonah has been fine - especially from a pass-blocking perspective. LT is addressed.

 

 

Ehh.  He's looked ok for a rookie LT on a terrible OL.  Yet to see him really flash anything special or go off on someone.  

 

So yeah, I guess LT is addressed on a team where average is more than good enough. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

Ehh.  He's looked ok for a rookie LT on a terrible OL.  Yet to see him really flash anything special or go off on someone.  

 

So yeah, I guess LT is addressed on a team where average is more than good enough. 

Right. It’s addressed. If they get Sewell in the draft Jonah can go the right side. In either scenario, he’s a piece. Him and hopkins. Three more to go...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, membengal said:

Right. It’s addressed. If they get Sewell in the draft Jonah can go the right side. In either scenario, he’s a piece. Him and hopkins. Three more to go...

Love to get Sewell..

We could draft 3rd..

Jets will grab Lawrence..

Are the Giants worse than us?

If they go 2nd they'll take Sewell imo.

We go third and then what? 

Reach for Alex Leatherwood?

Hope it doesnt work out that way ..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengals draft picks since 2010

 

Our draft picks of OL since the 2010 draft have been atrocious.

We have yet to recover from the picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price.

2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder all flamed out.

Throw in John Ross as another first round bust and it's not hard to see why we are in the position we are in.

When you constantly miss on first round picks, it sets your franchise back at least 3 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmoothD said:

Bengals draft picks since 2010

 

Our draft picks of OL since the 2010 draft have been atrocious.

We have yet to recover from the picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price.

2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder all flamed out.

Throw in John Ross as another first round bust and it's not hard to see why we are in the position we are in.

When you constantly miss on first round picks, it sets your franchise back at least 3 years

Oh we know what a pile of shit olinemen theyve drafted ir signed..

Safe to say that cannot evaluate that position...at all...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

Bengals draft picks since 2010

 

Our draft picks of OL since the 2010 draft have been atrocious.

We have yet to recover from the picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price.

2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder all flamed out.

Throw in John Ross as another first round bust and it's not hard to see why we are in the position we are in.

When you constantly miss on first round picks, it sets your franchise back at least 3 years

It's not just that, it's also who they have passed on. Mahomes, Watson, Lamar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Love to get Sewell..

We could draft 3rd..

Jets will grab Lawrence..

Are the Giants worse than us?

If they go 2nd they'll take Sewell imo.

We go third and then what? 

Reach for Alex Leatherwood?

Hope it doesnt work out that way ..

 

In your case above, trade down.

 

An thought is what if we do end up drafting first.

I don't think I would take an OT with the first pick in the draft

and some team would trade a king's ransom for Trevor.

I would go that route and try for another quality OT if Sewell

was not available or we could not trade up to get him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

In your case above, trade down.

 

An thought is what if we do end up drafting first.

I don't think I would take an OT with the first pick in the draft

and some team would trade a king's ransom for Trevor.

I would go that route and try for another quality OT if Sewell

was not available or we could not trade up to get him.

The J E T S jets will salivate at idea of a True franchise QB 8n your scenario..

We trade them rights to Lawrence for 2nd pick in draft and whatever the points amount to in draft picks..

Im hardballing them for their 2nd route to boot..

Theyll concede..

Link to post
Share on other sites

yahoo.....3 weeks in and we are already hoping next years 1st rounder will save the day . 

 

 you all do know this is the 1st year in 4-5 years that our 1st rounder actually started the season not on the ir .  and the ol they put out there i have seriously doubts burrow will make it through this year . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Burrow is in that class so Im allright wirh that...

 

I like Joe but slow your roll before claiming Burrow will be league MVP in 2021. If we had taken Mahomes, we wouldn't have had the top pick in 2020 but could have drafted complementary players. And it would mean no Ross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

 

I like Joe but slow your roll before claiming Burrow will be league MVP in 2021. If we had taken Mahomes, we wouldn't have had the top pick in 2020 but could have drafted complementary players. And it would mean no Ross.

 

...and Mahomes would be on IR.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, PatternMaster said:

Willie was interested, reached out, and was told they didn't need his help... clearly this coaching staff has it all together

 

Did you hear Willie on the radio the other day, he wasn't blaming the players!  Job interview???

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 6:09 PM, claptonrocks said:

Burrow is in that class so Im allright wirh that...

Uh no, Burrow is not in the same class as Mahomes.  Mahomes is so good the Chiefs traded away their pro-bowl QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...