2021 Opponents news thread

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

Penei Sewell continues to look like a bust | Ex-NFL scout not surprised

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/10/penei-sewell-5/

Eh, I see his points,  and I respect his understanding of the Actual Game, but when you're calling a 21 year old kid out 5 games into the season, you're just trying to build a name.  I still remember Eric Fisher.

22 minutes ago, membengal said:

The ravens are so lucky. Colts kicker being hurt gave them the little bit of daylight they needed. 

While I agree somewhat, they still had 523 yards of offense which isn’t shabby.  

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

The ravens are so lucky. Colts kicker being hurt gave them the little bit of daylight they needed. 

The Bengals were lucky yesterday.  And they still shit the bed.

One franchise is used to winning.  The other is not. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t get why it’s shocking.  That’s some horrible shit.  

I honestly think this was a hit job.  Somebody in the Raiders organization had this as an Ace in the hole and after year 4 and a team that is very average at best Tom Hagan cut the horse’s head off and gave it to the New York Times.  

Just now, SF2 said:

I honestly think this was a hit job.  Somebody in the Raiders organization had this as an Ace in the hole and after year 4 and a team that is very average at best Tom Hagan cut the horse’s head off and gave it to the New York Times.  

These emails were discovered in the WFT investigation

But this is likely what happened

NFL investigator:  "We found some pretty bad emails written by Chucky"

Goodell: "Who cares?  He's got Las Vegas on the right track"

NFL: "He called you a pussy"

Goodell: "Fuck him."

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Maybe it was.  So what?   

Revealing Gruden’s own words cooked his goose.  

Please replace him in free agency. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I think the internal investigation is turning up some awful stuff. Jon Gruden wasn't the only guy having these conversations with Bruce Allen, and probably wasn't even the worst. He might be happy to have jumped on this grenade instead of getting caught up in that nuclear blast.

Is it 10 years old? Yep. Is it something said in private that neither man though would see the light of day? Yep. Does it speak to Gruden's character? Yep. Is "I only said the racist thing because I was talking to my racist friend" a good excuse? No. Would I, as a player, trust Jon Gruden? Hell no.

Buddies or not, that was still a professional relationship. I'm amazed that either man thought that was acceptable. But it the actions of rich men who have never been held accountable. You and I both knew to never type that sort of thing in an email way back in 2011 - these men are acting with impunity because they don't believe they're subject to the same rules as you or I.

From a player standpoint, Gruden comes across as a kiss-ass. A weak little toady willing to yuk it up and make watermelon jokes for the boss while siding against the players. Forget the racism... Oh, this is what you really think of me when you don't think anyone's listening. Two faced and fake. How's Bruce Allen's dick taste?

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe it was.  So what?   

Revealing Gruden’s own words cooked his goose.  

Please replace him in free agency. 

I am not defending Gruden just think the timing is “fortunate”.  They were paying him a lot of money and after 4 years the team is probably an 8-9 9-8 team at best.  

Also, there was no way Gruden could or should survive this. Hell, I left the Army in 1991 and there is no way I would have survived something like this.  

Been working in corporate America since and have seen idiots fired for less in an email back in the 90s.  Not only does it point to a lack of character it really points to a lack of intelligence.  

Never understood the love affair for him.  Took over a loaded roster Dungey built in Tampa Bay and pulled a Barry Switzer.  The Super Bowl win was the last time he won a playoff game. The next 9 seasons of coaching resuted in 2 wildcard appearances, both losses. Marvin was better. 

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Pretty much...

Some of us on here would hate to lose their jobs for some of the stuff said.

Setting an ugly precedent for firing a coach.

Oh I absolutely think he should have been fired.  He wouldn’t have lasted 10 minutes in the NBA after this story broke.  In the league’s defense a lot was probably going on behind the scenes to facilitate his exit. 

Archived