Bengals v Ratbirds Game Day Thread

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol some of you guys are something else. I’ve never seen so much hand-wringing over such a non issue before. It’s almost embarrassing. 

The Bengals have hurt us so many times that some guys want to find any hole they can in the team so they can not have any expectations so they don't get hurt again. 

No joy in Mudville. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Bengals have hurt us so many times that some guys want to find any hole they can in the team so they can not have any expectations so they don't get hurt again. 

No joy in Mudville. 

I 100% believe this to be true 

Damn, but is this a board that likes to fight. 

Being conservative when you have the game won isn't stupid.  Then again, proving a point and sticking it up an certain opponent's ass has it's value as well.  I'm glad it worked out, but I would have not taken the chance. 

This argument is nuts. 

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Do you believe it would be a non-issue if Joe B. incurred a significant injury during those last few plays?  

He did NOT get hurt though so why would I play this stupid game? You seem to want so bad to blame someone, anyone, for something that did not occur. It’s just nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, spicoli said:

He did NOT get hurt though so why would I play this stupid game? You seem to want so bad to blame someone, anyone, for something that did not occur. It’s just nonsense. 

“blame someone”???

My bad.  I thought the discussion was about whether taking Joe B. out of the game early would be the smart thing to do.  I guess I was confused.

Carry on, all. 

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

My bad.  I thought the discussion was about whether taking Joe B. out of the game early would be the smart thing to do.  I guess I was confused

Relax. I just think this whole “he could’ve gotten hurt” thing is nonsensical and a bit whiney is all. It doesn’t matter though. Carry on 👍 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Anyone think they may not have taken Joe out because Allen might have been feeling ill, and they might have been being diligent with the covid situation?

Good point.

The prudent thing to do was pull JB out

So Zack looks JB in the eyes and knows damn well he shouldnt have even thought about it.

I see JB as a cool calculated assassin

He takes no prisoners no matter what the score.

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

Do you believe it would be a non-issue if Joe B. incurred a significant injury during those last few plays?  

Would it have been an issue if we had taken Burrow out early and the Ravens came back?

If a frog had wings, would his ass hit the ground when he jumps?

Joe B. could have been seriously injured on any of the other 939 plays in the season. How many should we have held him out of? Should we let him skip practice so he doesn't sprain an ankle?

You think the chance is not small... In D&D, you'd have to roll three natural 20's in a row to injure Joe Burrow. A critical, critical, critical hit. And that's based on the idea that he's going to have one critical injury a season. If you'd have bet me $100 that Burrow would get injured... I know odds. I'm taking that money. You are three times as likely to have twins. Four times more likely to be audited by the IRS. The same odds as getting your car stolen.

In fact, Joe Burrow was as likely to be killed in a car accident on his way to the stadium than suiting up for one play.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Never enjoy the ups for fear of the downs is a very bengals fan thing to say, sure 

No downs to it. That was never the point. I don't really give a shit if they scored 100 points on them and called time out with .01 seconds left in order to kick a field goal. Whatever. 

However, to be a snarky little prick and gloat over it in an interview, isn't "being a man". How about say nothing...like you've been there before? He's been around long enough to get the canned post-game say-nothings nailed down. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

However, to be a snarky little prick and gloat over it in an interview, isn't "being a man". How about say nothing...like you've been there before? He's been around long enough to get the canned post-game say-nothings nailed down

Good lord.

Happy GIF by Disney

It’s unreal.  The self-loathing in some of this fanbase is so toxic.

living here in baltimore  -ravens fans never engage in this kind of bullshit. They revel in it when their team beats teams down. I envy them their enjoyment of the simple things without having to deal with joyless  scolds.

25 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Would it have been an issue if we had taken Burrow out early and the Ravens came back?

If a frog had wings, would his ass hit the ground when he jumps?

Joe B. could have been seriously injured on any of the other 939 plays in the season. How many should we have held him out of? Should we let him skip practice so he doesn't sprain an ankle?

You think the chance is not small... In D&D, you'd have to roll three natural 20's in a row to injure Joe Burrow. A critical, critical, critical hit. And that's based on the idea that he's going to have one critical injury a season. If you'd have bet me $100 that Burrow would get injured... I know odds. I'm taking that money. You are three times as likely to have twins. Four times more likely to be audited by the IRS. The same odds as getting your car stolen.

In fact, Joe Burrow was as likely to be killed in a car accident on his way to the stadium than suiting up for one play.

Outstanding..

I tried to find what percentage of QBs are injured in each quarter this year.

I remember Tua getting busted ribs in the 1st qtr against the Bills..

What qtr did Bridgewater go down in?

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

No downs to it. That was never the point. I don't really give a shit if they scored 100 points on them and called time out with .01 seconds left in order to kick a field goal. Whatever. 

However, to be a snarky little prick and gloat over it in an interview, isn't "being a man". How about say nothing...like you've been there before? He's been around long enough to get the canned post-game say-nothings nailed down. 

Bro, he's not the head Choirboy, he's the Friggin Alpha Male in a Shiver of Sharks!!  You want the little nice QB, call Carson, I'll take the guy that has the Killer Instinct!  Shit, I remember Kobe being hurt, and going in the locker room the day before the trade deadline, so he could say Good Riddance to the Folks that were going to be getting Traded away from his team!  Loved it!!😂😂

Archived