Bengals v Ratbirds Game Day Thread

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

So our QB has a little swagger to him..... I loved it when Chad had it, I love it even more from the leader of our team.

Balls the size of church bells.

If other people aren't calling you cocky, you lack confidence. People call me cocky all the time, and there's no one more humble than me. If Humbleness was an Olympic sport, I get the gold easy. I may even be the most humble person ever, but I'm not the type to brag. On a scale of one to humble, I'm an 11.

On 12/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

Zac should be over in Burrow's ear asking if he feels like setting a record today. He is en fuego.

Just for the record - I thought it was the right call in the heat of the moment too.

You don't tell John Wick he should probably rest up and get those bullet wounds looked at. You don't tell Joe Burrow you're sitting him when he's having a career day. You look him in the eye and ask if he's ready to be the best ever. This not ONLY a man's game, but it is king of the mountain. Joe Burrow isn't competing to be the second best QB in the league.

You can sit Big Ben right now... But a second year QB? You let the kid ball out. Anything less shows a lack of confidence. What, we need to get Brandon Allen 3 reps handing the ball off?

As far as injuries... I've seen guys get demolished and pop back up, I've watched Tommy Maddox wind up in the hospital on basically no contact. Worry too much about them and you're 2005 Carson Palmer - 2 reads and an interception football. As a coach, you don't want to encourage a "footsteps Falco" mentality.

Two Keanu references in one post. I dig it.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just for the record - I thought it was the right call in the heat of the moment too.

You don't tell John Wick he should probably rest up and get those bullet wounds looked at. You don't tell Joe Burrow you're sitting him when he's having a career day. You look him in the eye and ask if he's ready to be the best ever. This not ONLY a man's game, but it is king of the mountain. Joe Burrow isn't competing to be the second best QB in the league.

You can sit Big Ben right now... But a second year QB? You let the kid ball out. Anything less shows a lack of confidence. What, we need to get Brandon Allen 3 reps handing the ball off?

As far as injuries... I've seen guys get demolished and pop back up, I've watched Tommy Maddox wind up in the hospital on basically no contact. Worry too much about them and you're 2005 Carson Palmer - 2 reads and an interception football. As a coach, you don't want to encourage a "footsteps Falco" mentality.

Two Keanu references in one post. I dig it.

Self assured indeed..

Looking at Chiefs defensive line was an eye opener..

Outside of LDE Chris Jones the rest are playing about as bad as I've seen this season.

Bengals can run on them ...

Their backers or safety come in to help then JB. torches the zone left open..

Will Reid blitz alot?

Will Joe make him pay?

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Balls the size of church bells.

If other people aren't calling you cocky, you lack confidence. People call me cocky all the time, and there's no one more humble than me. If Humbleness was an Olympic sport, I get the gold easy. I may even be the most humble person ever, but I'm not the type to brag. On a scale of one to humble, I'm an 11.

Just slightly less humble than me.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/12/30/22858452/bengals-film-room-jonah-williams-battles-ravens-odafe-oweh-nfl-week-16

The animosity of Bengals vs. Stealers has now shifted towards Bengals vs. Ravens, in a not so elegant fashion. This isn’t to say feelings towards Pittsburgh have softened; Baltimore is just taking the power shift in the division a little too personal. Just ask Bart Scott.

Truth be told, this matchup has usually been even, at least since the Bengals escaped the 90s.....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bart-scott-ravens-red-dot-joe-burrow-best-reactions/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKailatwitter

Best reactions to Bart Scott saying Ravens have a 'red dot' on Joe Burrow

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow came under fire on Thursday.

Long story short, former Baltimore Ravens linebacker and current ESPN analyst Bart Scott got very upset about the fact Burrow and the Bengals ran up the score on the Bengals last week.....

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bart-scott-ravens-red-dot-joe-burrow-best-reactions/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickKailatwitter

Best reactions to Bart Scott saying Ravens have a 'red dot' on Joe Burrow

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow came under fire on Thursday.

Long story short, former Baltimore Ravens linebacker and current ESPN analyst Bart Scott got very upset about the fact Burrow and the Bengals ran up the score on the Bengals last week.....

I wish all these talking heads would stop saying they "ran up the score".  As others on here have already pointed out, if they were running up the score they wouldn't have taken a knee at the end.  You could call it "padding stats" at best, but the Bengals needed a first down to end the game and passing was quite obviously the best way to do it.  They're all crybabies and they deserve to feel this bad for having done much more "unsportsmanlike" shit to several teams over the years.  

Quite frankly I think Joe has these guys exactly where he wants them - flailing and frothing over not being able to stop him - twice.

My initial reaction Sunday was, get the starters out Zac the game's over! The reasoning is obvious, and many have stated it on this board. Why risk injury? A couple of things have caused an evolution in my opinion. The idea of this offense, particularly the pass game, particularly the pass protection gaining experience and confidence stomping the crap out of someone is not without merit. It will rarely be that easy but the facts remain, that was a division rival, and that was an important game. Those were professional football players on the other side of the line so every second they gave Joe could be beneficial moving forward from a confidence standpoint. They're gonna need it against KC. They're gonna need a pass game. I'm not against getting Mixon going and keeping the ball out of Mahome's hands, but at some point we're also gonna have to match their firepower.  A couple weeks ago the Chargers kept Patrick in check pretty well. Then during the last 10 minutes or so, plus overtime, he went for about 300 yards.  Half of which went to Kelce, who had 2 scores. Not saying it'll be easy, but USE your weapons Bengals. After watching the Bart Scott interview, I could give a shit about running the score up. I'll say this though, the last time someone threatened Cincy with intentional injury nobody did anything and Eifert got his bell rung. Still nobody did anything and Gio got his head nearly taken off in the wildcard game. Nobody addressed that, and the perpetrator, Shazier, can now barely walk. Just sayin. I know Scott is retired, but don't ever take that shit lightly when someone starts talking about headhunting.

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I wish all these talking heads would stop saying they "ran up the score".  As others on here have already pointed out, if they were running up the score they wouldn't have taken a knee at the end.  You could call it "padding stats" at best, but the Bengals needed a first down to end the game and passing was quite obviously the best way to do it.  They're all crybabies and they deserve to feel this bad for having done much more "unsportsmanlike" shit to several teams over the years.  

Quite frankly I think Joe has these guys exactly where he wants them - flailing and frothing over not being able to stop him - twice.

If the Bengals were running the score up, which they were not 

they would have scored when they had the ball around the 3 yard line

with lots of time on the clock.  Personally, I wanted a toss to Tee to get

him his 200 yards.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Joe was probably smiling listening to 

Fart Shot whine like a baby...

Fuck the Ravens...

We dont care what Fart has to say..

Id have sent him a a case of cheese to go along with the whine..

I bet most Ravens players were laughing too. Maybe not the whiney coach though....

Archived