Some things about Kansas City.

Figured I would share some random thoughts of this trip. 

1. arrowhead is old and mediocre. But has better seats than Lucas oil (worst ever). 
2. they added tons of color panels and signs to take away the “rape cave” feel the hallways had last time I was there. 
3. it’s not that loud. PBS gets to 93-98 decibels during games. Max arrowhead output today was 102. I was metering. I was in the lower bowl. Not mid field but close enough. It’s all marketing fluff they sell to the media and their own fans. The put the word “decibels” ont the Jumbotron and fake noise waves to try to pump crowd. 

4. these fans man. Some of the dumbest ever. They bitch worse than any fan base I have ever seen. Cocky, soon as we hit our seats bitched about calls from last game. And scoffed at any bad calls ever gone their way. 

5. to make the last one worse, the stadium shows some odd close up replays, like random holding which happens on most plays. They show replays all game. Dude next to me literally said “how can they get away with this, they haven’t shown any missed holds on us” 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 he legit thought the stadium was just showing unbiased plays. Unreal. On the flop of their guy trying to get a call for being pushed he said “now see you can get away with that it’s blatant”. I fake flopped like 8 times in the aisle and asked him if that was Lebrun James out there. 

6. their mascot is a wolf. The wolf mascot dressed as Spider-Man at one point. Why, to all of it, why?

7. parking is a shitshow. Just paved fields of idiots parking like assholes. Burn it down and start over. 

8. props for after the game. Everyone was civil and cool. Fans congratulated us. Said go win it all for the afc. Etc. complete 180 to titans fans and raiders fans. 

9. to the drunk girl in sec 133 row 12. Get your life together. 

10. rednecks everywhere. I shouldn’t have been surprised. It’s Missouri. But all of them. 

11. techn9ne was there to perform. Met him long ago. Nice guy. Anghellic is a fun album. 

12. T-Mobile sucks. 

13. go bengals. 

I’ve heard that at Arrowhead, it is much louder on the field vs. in the stands…which COULD be a thing.  :shrug:  

In any case, they weren’t loud enough to derail the Bengal freight train.

[You could clearly hear the “Who Dey” chant on TV at one point, which was pretty neat.]

49 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I’ve heard that at Arrowhead, it is much louder on the field vs. in the stands…which COULD be a thing.  :shrug:  

[You could clearly hear the “Who Dey” chant on TV at one point, which was pretty neat.]

How about a shout out to the fans that were there? How often you you hear the opposing fans cheering and chanting at Arrowhead? They really brought it. 

On their Mascot, my wife and I were trying to figure out what it was and now since you wrote about it we now know so thanks on that and like you said, why? But the character was funny the whole game, shaking his butt at Money to miss, trying to push the goal post for Money to miss, but the best one was when Money made the game winner and he fell down and died. 😂 Who Dey!  

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

On their Mascot, my wife and I were trying to figure out what it was and now since you wrote about it we now know so thanks on that and like you said, why? But the character was funny the whole game, shaking his butt at Money to miss, trying to push the goal post for Money to miss, but the best one was when Money made the game winner and he fell down and died. 😂 Who Dey!  

lol he was a good mascot in that regard. I suppose most things they could use would be “PC”. But a wolf of all things. 

FWIW:

"He was first introduced in 1989 as a successor to Warpaint, a horse ridden by a man wearing a full Indian chief headdress, from the mid-1980s. K. C. Wolf was named after the team's "Wolfpack,” a group of boisterous fans who sat in temporary bleachers at Municipal Stadium."

9 hours ago, GoBengals said:

1. arrowhead is old and mediocre. But has better seats than Lucas oil (worst ever). 

For a complex built in 1972, it had some chutzpah for its day. I went to Kaufman Stadium once in the late '70's. It was OK, but even then it was starting to feel old. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

FWIW:

"He was first introduced in 1989 as a successor to Warpaint, a horse ridden by a man wearing a full Indian chief headdress, from the mid-1980s. K. C. Wolf was named after the team's "Wolfpack,” a group of boisterous fans who sat in temporary bleachers at Municipal Stadium."

Very interesting.  Thanks for the History lesson.  

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

FWIW:

that’s something I guess. From racist to pointless. 🤷🏻‍♂️

appreciate the info. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

For a complex built in 1972, it had some chutzpah for its day. I went to Kaufman Stadium once in the late '70's. It was OK, but even then it was starting to feel old. 

there is so much land there. Start over. Fools. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

You’re complaining about rednecks at games and you go to games at PBS? 🤣

same same. But different. Ohios flavor redneck is more “daddy ain’t know no better let’s chant “let’s go Brandon and lol at it”. while Kc versions is more “I literally just slaughtered animals, didn’t change and came here, let’s sing Garth brooks together and be loud about shit”

it’s the small nuances. 

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

People in Kansas City come to The Precinct for steaks.

I don’t know what this means. I k ow what all the words mean and places are. But I have no idea what is being told here. 

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

same same. But different. Ohios flavor redneck is more “daddy ain’t know no better let’s chant “let’s go Brandon and lol at it”. while Kc versions is more “I literally just slaughtered animals, didn’t change and came here, let’s sing Garth brooks together and be loud about shit”

Sing Garth Brooks...or the stupid Applebees song?  Ugh.

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

FWIW:

From a distance I couldn't tell what that mascot was supposed to be.  Kinda looked like a tall, skinny, rat. 

I did notice him falling like he was shot when "Shooter" kicked the FG.  Funny shit.

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

FWIW:

Nope.

It's from the movie Teenwolf.

5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Sing Garth Brooks...or the stupid Applebees song?  Ugh.

my god that stupid fucking song was a white trash anthem, every cigarette stained face in the building swinging a bud light can in the air signing along with that trailer park hero. that dude is basically rapping redneck lyrics to country music and i dont know how to process that information.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

From a distance I couldn't tell what that mascot was supposed to be.  Kinda looked like a tall, skinny, rat. 

I did notice him falling like he was shot when "Shooter" kicked the FG.  Funny shit.

i thought it was a racoon, but my son pointed out his shirt(before dressing up as spiderman) said K.C. Wolf.

the Pat (SNL) of mascots.

the 90s GIF by absurdnoise

Archived