Jump to content

Random 2022 Stuff


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

At this point I think it's fair to say Chase is a far better WR than Sewell is an LT. 


I really think Sewell will turn out to be a franchise LT and likely a perennial all-pro, and I absolutely root for the kid. I actually really feel for Detroit. 
 

That said…Chase is a generational talent. Like AJ Green was back in the day…but even better.
 

No knock on AJ. 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Ditto but there's a lot of 20/20 hindsight involved.  We were all looking at them as equivalent value players more or less, and a franchise QB with a shredded knee was a big part of that equation.

 

At this point I think it's fair to say Chase is a far better WR than Sewell is an LT. 

Agree..

The bond that JB has with Chase is incredible.

 

Once Chase was drafted he wanted to be as close to JB as possible so he went up and down on the little street JB lives on a offered each owner money for their house.

He found a seller and lives but a couple houses away..

 

Chase on JB..

""I don't question Joe....He's like a God to me"...

 

I think that pertains to any teammate thats been around him.

He's real in everything he does and they gravitate to him...

 

What a delightful man to play allout for.

And they will....

 

 

 

 

"

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spicoli said:


I really think Sewell will turn out to be a franchise LT and likely a perennial all-pro, and I absolutely root for the kid. I actually really feel for Detroit. 
 

That said…Chase is a generational talent. Like AJ Green was back in the day…but even better.
 

No knock on AJ. 

 

Absolutely..

Well said..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220528_001634.jpg

Anyone who thinks the Bengals arent one of the most dangerous teams are in a fluke..

 

This is one of the most high octane offenses in the league..

The defenses is strong as well...very strong

 

Your allmost have to play an Outstanding game to beat them because they wont give it to you..

 

Scary team now..

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, High School Harry said:

It is where the current Bengals got their name.

bf8fd6aa662e25be920507cc2cacbe56.jpg

th.jpeg

Pretty good guess on my part, only 2 years off, though I had no idea where the uniform came from and actually thought it might have been the team's first season (though I had no recall of that), but my first thought was that it looked like it came from about 1940.

 

 

So, was it #55 who went on to invent the "Wunderlich" test?

 

#83 wouldn't be Raymond Berry's dad, would it?

 

Sigillo, ocho-cinco, actually looks like he may have been Hispanic.

 

So, this picture says 1938, but the info about the league says it disbanded in 1937.  It must have disbanded just prior to the start of the 1938 season, in 1938, as the team photo had already been taken with new uniforms.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, Le Tigre said:

And…they played at Crosley Field

 

image.png.9f5331cbcdbb6bbd56e4ea042ec57d3d.png

 

image.thumb.jpeg.6fcd8ce8ecf1cbfc3442126013363ac5.jpeg

So, there's four stripes on the sleeve in that picture.  The jersey has a band with a stripe each outside the band.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

So, this picture says 1938, but the info about the league says it disbanded in 1937.  It must have disbanded just prior to the start of the 1938 season, in 1938, as the team photo had already been taken with new uniforms.

Wiki summary below. May shed some light on the question. From all of the reading, it was obvious the 1930’s era of professional football was a Wild West one:
 

The Bengals continued as an independent team in 1938 (rejecting overtures from the former Midwest Football League, first as the league renamed itself the American Football League and in October 1938 after the dissolution of the Cincinnati Blades). In their one season as an independent, they defeated the Chicago Bears and tied the Chicago Cardinals.[3]


In 1939, the team joined the newly renamed American Professional Football Association after yet another overture, finishing in second place with a 6–2–0 record. The APFA folded as Cincinnati, the Columbus Bullies, and the newly formed Milwaukee Chiefs defected to a newly formed major league, yet another American Football League, for the 1940 season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bengals have by far the fastest growing fanbase per new research

A recent study shows that the team’s following on Instagram has nearly doubled over the last year.

By Dadio Makdook @dadiodefacto  
 
Super Bowl: Rams vs Bengals
 

The Cincinnati Bengals are getting really popular.

 

Sure, going to a Super Bowl helps. But it’s more the way they did it. They have a confident, young quarterback (Joe Burrow), a receiver who has the potential to be an all-time great (Ja’Marr Chase), and a clutch kicker and defense that always seem to deliver.

 

It is, then, not much of a surprise that the team’s popularly on social media is skyrocketing. According to a recent study conducted by Betway, the Bengals are the fastest growing fanbase. They determined this by looking at the followers of NFL team accounts on Instagram from May 24, 2021 to May 24, 2022.

 

Here are the top five teams and their percentage growth in terms of Instagram followers over the last 12 months:

 

  1. Bengals (@bengals) - 94.68%
  2. Los Angeles Rams (@rams) - 51.80%
  3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@buccaneers) - 23.49%
  4. Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) - 21.51%
  5. Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) - 20.58%

 

As you can see, the Bengals’ Instagram following has nearly doubled, which is almost twice as much growth as the runner-up, the Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams. And the Rams had over twice as much growth as the third place Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who won it all less than two years ago. Rounding out the top five are two teams with promising young quarterbacks and star-studded rosters, the Bills and Chargers.

 

And here’s what the bottom five looks like:

 

28. Atlanta Falcons (@atlantafalcons) - 5.40%

29. Carolina Panthers (@panthers) - 5.11%

30. Philadelphia Eagles (@philadelphiaeagles) - 3.88%

31. Cleveland Browns (@clevelandbrowns) - 1.22%

32. Houston Texans (@houstontexans) - 1.13%

 

Four of these teams don’t really have the potential to contend this year, and a fifth (the Browns) is currently in a sea of controversy on account of its new franchise quarterback’s legal troubles.

 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/5/28/23145586/bengals-have-by-far-the-fastest-growing-fanbase-per-new-research

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Pathetic ...

 

IMG_20220528_153353.jpg

Madden's dead.

 

 

Jackson is so good that he's had to work with a mechanics Coach over this off-season because he throws the ball like a doofus.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Wiki summary below. May shed some light on the question. From all of the reading, it was obvious the 1930’s era of professional football was a Wild West one:
 

The Bengals continued as an independent team in 1938 (rejecting overtures from the former Midwest Football League, first as the league renamed itself the American Football League and in October 1938 after the dissolution of the Cincinnati Blades). In their one season as an independent, they defeated the Chicago Bears and tied the Chicago Cardinals.[3]


In 1939, the team joined the newly renamed American Professional Football Association after yet another overture, finishing in second place with a 6–2–0 record. The APFA folded as Cincinnati, the Columbus Bullies, and the newly formed Milwaukee Chiefs defected to a newly formed major league, yet another American Football League, for the 1940 season.

So, that may actually be a 1940 uniform.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

So, that may actually be a 1940 uniform.

Don't know but the pipe dream du jour is I bet some entrepreneur with a few bucks (Go?) could cut through the legalese and copyright stuff, produce and market those old jerseys with the cartoon tiger, black sleeves with stripes/orange body or black body with orange sleeves with stripes, I bet they could make a few nickels.  I, for one would pony up for a number 9 and a number 1 jersey, one black, one orange (doesn't matter).  Maybe/probably an 85 (or 5 if he changes), too. And I do not buy a lot of jerseys.

Next time I see Pumpkin :wub: I'll have her put a word in with Pumpkin Jr.  I bet they would be big sellers locally if nothing else.  FWIW and OT, I'm really into retro stuff.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, membengal said:

NOT hindsight for several of us…

 

My only thing here is don't fall in love with any one player in the draft, I kept harping on that because I had done it in the past.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Don't know but the pipe dream du jour is I bet some entrepreneur with a few bucks (Go?) could cut through the legalese and copyright stuff, produce and market those old jerseys with the cartoon tiger, black sleeves with stripes/orange body or black body with orange sleeves with stripes, I bet they could make a few nickels.  I, for one would pony up for a number 9 and a number 1 jersey, one black, one orange (doesn't matter).  Maybe/probably an 85 (or 5 if he changes), too. And I do not buy a lot of jerseys.

Next time I see Pumpkin :wub: I'll have her put a word in with Pumpkin Jr.  I bet they would be big sellers locally if nothing else.  FWIW and OT, I'm really into retro stuff.

Interesting thoughts, and I am intrigued.

 

Wondering out loud, if they have access to the original designs, Koch Sporting Goods could put out a jersey(s) like these? They do for the initial 1968-70 ones (I have one I bought from them several years ago). I am going to ask them. 
 

Will also inquire of this company, which has some very nice ‘30’s-‘40’s offerings, all based on original specs:

 

https://www.ebbets.com/

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2022 at 12:31 AM, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220528_003122.jpg

 

To be fair to Cowherd, ever since Burrow proved him wrong (pretty quickly) he's had nothing but praise for him.

 

With that said, his comparison to Luck and his situation VASTLY understates what Burrow did here.  Just saying "the Colts had a much stronger culture"?  C'mon, they had been to the playoffs for like 10 straight years with two SB appearances (and one win), and had ONE off year because Manning got hurt before Luck was picked.  Yes Luck stepped right in and played like a much more experienced QB a lot like Burrow did, but in the context of changing a culture?    I'm not sure anyone can compare to JB.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

 

To be fair to Cowherd, ever since Burrow proved him wrong (pretty quickly) he's had nothing but praise for him.

 

With that said, his comparison to Luck and his situation VASTLY understates what Burrow did here.  Just saying "the Colts had a much stronger culture"?  C'mon, they had been to the playoffs for like 10 straight years with two SB appearances (and one win), and had ONE off year because Manning got hurt before Luck was picked.  Yes Luck stepped right in and played like a much more experienced QB a lot like Burrow did, but in the context of changing a culture?    I'm not sure anyone can compare to JB.

 

 

I guess no one wants to say it?  Brady in NE. Only other modern example I can think of, though the McNabb-less Eagles kind of went to hell without him they weren't historically awful before he got there.  Parcells deserve some credit for changing how the Pats operated, like Marvin did here, and ZT as well for fundamentals and not always out-thinking himself.

 

Both places it's really been the QB setting a new tone. 

 

So yeah I get a lil heated when we can't keep that guy off the turf.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...