2022 Free Agency

17 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Am I the only one holding his breath until Cappa and Karras actually sign their contracts???  :shrug:   

nah..........it's a formality now

that's just your old Bengals "waiting for the shoe to drop" reaction.

I know cause I still have it too 😉

The Warren Sapp and Shaun Rogers days are behind us, now that we have Joey B.

We still need to finish upgrading the O-line. We shouldn't be starting any of last year's rookies or this year's crop either. With CJ leaving we can now allocate more money to the line. There is a good crop of TEs in the draft. We can draft a backup DT and depth at WR. But we need at least 3 more CBs. Tre Flowers shouldn't be too hard to keep. But we need to sign a vet CB, maybe Apple, as well as use an early pick there. 

It appears that it’s come down to a two-team competition for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, with longtime Houston Chronicle reporter John McClain saying that, “He’s rejected everybody but Carolina and New Orleans,” during a Monday appearance on WFNZ sports radio with Kyle Bailey, though McClain later characterized the move as “Other interested teams could have been rejected,” when reporting directly for the Houston Chronicle. The only team we know has been rejected are the Indianapolis Colts, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who notes that was the Texans’ decision.

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

It appears that it’s come down to a two-team competition for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, with longtime Houston Chronicle reporter John McClain saying that, “He’s rejected everybody but Carolina and New Orleans,” during a Monday appearance on WFNZ sports radio with Kyle Bailey, though McClain later characterized the move as “Other interested teams could have been rejected,” when reporting directly for the Houston Chronicle. The only team we know has been rejected are the Indianapolis Colts, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who notes that was the Texans’ decision.

It seems so strange that Watson himself has control over this situation...

12 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I'm surprised at this. He's decent and would be an upgrade over Hopkins. 

Yes, the Bengals should be calling Tretter's agent today. He would have made 8.2 mil this year under his old contract. Signing him would let us save 6 mil by cutting Hopkins and putting Karras at LG where he's played the last 2 years. Also since Tretter was cut, he won't figure in the comp pick formula next year. 

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, the Bengals should be calling Tretter's agent today. He would have made 8.2 mil this year under his old contract. Signing him would let us save 6 mil by cutting Hopkins and putting Karras at LG where he's played the last 2 years. Also since Tretter was cut, he won't figure in the comp pick formula next year. 

My thoughts exactly. 

10 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

th-4.jpeg

Archived