Jump to content

Keeping Our Enemies Closer 2022: second half


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Pickens was a piece of shit person.

 

I was still on active duty and now stationed in Dayton so I could spend time with my young son who lived in Cincy with his mother.  He was about 13 or 14 and the closest I had been to Cincy was stationed in DC so I hadn't had time to build a strong relationship with him.  When I got to Dayton I spent almost 2 months pay on season tickets for us.  He's 38 now and still takes about those games setting in the cold, my wife packing us food to take to game and the best I could do sometimes was get him a hot chocolate during the cold games.  I'm not complaining just setting the stage for when we met Pickens.

 

Back then they use to have a lunch for season ticket holders before the regular season started where you could meet the players and get stuff signed.  They have everybody a mini Bengal's football that could be signed.  Well me and son went to Pickens to get him to sign it and he looked at me and asked why I didn't buy one of his jersey's.  This still pisses me off today, but that day I just walked on down the line and got Ken Anderson to sign it.  

 

I should have just KOed him then or told him I couldn't afford his jersey because I was busy severing so he didn't have to.  So yes Pickens was a piece of shit person.

 

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pickens...and thank you for continuing to share your pictures/contributions/etc, especially with the season ticket holder events like you always do...but mostly...Thank You For Your Service!

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2022 at 6:46 AM, High School Harry said:

The Kings of the infamous Kancer Korner.

I once heard (Lapham?) say Rodney Holman was also a charter member.

Please tell me you meant to say Tony McGee- this is the first time I'd heard Holman was an asshole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Back then they use to have a lunch for season ticket holders before the regular season started where you could meet the players and get stuff signed.  They have everybody a mini Bengal's football that could be signed.  Well me and son went to Pickens to get him to sign it and he looked at me and asked why I didn't buy one of his jersey's.  This still pisses me off today, but that day I just walked on down the line and got Ken Anderson to sign it.  

I have read multiple stories like this. Which really sucks, because he was sure fun to watch. Him standing over that stealer when he caught the pass from O'Donnell? That was a good afternoon. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an awful person by many accounts. Especially treating you like that in front of your son.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I have read multiple stories like this. Which really sucks, because he was sure fun to watch. Him standing over that stealer when he caught the pass from O'Donnell? That was a good afternoon. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an awful person by many accounts. Especially treating you like that in front of your son.

 

Yeah, hard to find anyone to say a good thing about him.  I have no love lost for the Stealers, but using racial slurs to Ron Woodson is just low.  Everyone thinks George Pickens is Carl's son, but he has never addressed it to my knowledge.  Can't blame him.  Even his alma mater, Tennessee, wants nothing to do with this guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Yeah, hard to find anyone to say a good thing about him.  I have no love lost for the Stealers, but using racial slurs to Ron Woodson is just low.  Everyone thinks George Pickens is Carl's son, but he has never addressed it to my knowledge.  Can't blame him.  Even his alma mater, Tennessee, wants nothing to do with this guy.

Funny, I read that neither one has claimed any relation, but hey, this from Pissburg News, so it must be true 🤣

 

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/george-pickens-Stealers-sign-2nd-round-pick-from-georgia/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, High School Harry said:

Week 11 Scoreboard Watch

**Note: I only want some of the teams to win for our

playoff hopes be it Division or Wild Card

NOT because I like them.

 

Thursday

Go Pantara beat Baltimore Rats

 

Sunday

Go Aaron Rogers, beat Tennessee Tight Asses

Hold you nose game... Go Turds, beat Buffalo

Go New England, beat Jets

Go Chargers beat Chefs

 

Go Us (of course) beat the Pittsburgh Watts

 

Bonus

Go New Orleans Andys beat Los Angeles Tibors.

I think we definitely need the Rats to lose, but we aren't really in competition with the Titans, Bills or Chefs and we still have to play them. We kind of control our own destiny with them. Maybe if we were fighting for a #1 seed, but that doesn't appear to be the case at this point.

 

I would like to see the Turds, Patsies and chargers lose, because we are more directly in competition with them for a wildcard spot at the moment and of course we all want to see piss lose no matter who they play.

 

As far as the Jets go, all we have to do is find ourselves tied with them in the end. Same with the phins.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

I think we definitely need the Rats to lose, but we aren't really in competition with the Titans, Bills or Chefs and we still have to play them. We kind of control our own destiny with them. Maybe if we were fighting for a #1 seed, but that doesn't appear to be the case at this point.

 

I would like to see the Turds, Patsies and chargers lose, because we are more directly in competition with them for a wildcard spot at the moment and of course we all want to see piss lose no matter who they play.

 

As far as the Jets go, all we have to do is find ourselves tied with them in the end. Same with the phins.

I was just looking at overall records similar to ours and thinking Wild Card.

We end up with more wins than them... and Captain Obvious tells us we're in.

Browns have a worse record than us, also the Squeels, so them knocking off someone who could prove troublesome

with a better W-L record becomes a "hold your nose" vote.

 

Yes, would be great to win out.

Yes, knocking of the Rats the cold, cold final day of the season for a slot would be nice

but would not like to depend on it esp if the NFL makes a late or even night game.

And Rats have an easier schedule from here on out.

 

I also feel, unfortunately, that this is probably the Rats' year for the division

esp after the lucky W over us.  I think they could be GODdell's Chosen.

 

First things first... Beat Pittsburgh.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I was just looking at overall records similar to ours and thinking Wild Card.

We end up with more wins than them... and Captain Obvious tells us we're in.

Browns have a worse record than us, also the Squeels, so them knocking off someone who could prove troublesome

with a better W-L record becomes a "hold your nose" vote.

 

Yes, would be great to win out.

Yes, knocking of the Rats the cold, cold final day of the season for a slot would be nice

but would not like to depend on it esp if the NFL makes a late or even night game.

And Rats have an easier schedule from here on out.

 

I also feel, unfortunately, that this is probably the Rats' year for the division

esp after the lucky W over us.  I think they could be GODdell's Chosen.

 

First things first... Beat Pittsburgh.

One game at a time..

Yes beat Pissburgh..

Ill enjoy the win over those inbreds..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/buffalo-could-get-several-feet-of-snow-which-could-disrupt-bills-vs-browns-on-sunday-154347714.html

 

Buffalo could get several feet of snow, which could disrupt Bills vs. Browns on Sunday

 

When you hear a forecast that includes the phrase "feet of snow," it's hard to believe an NFL game will be played without some disruption.

The Buffalo Bills host the Cleveland Browns on Sunday afternoon. At least that game is on the schedule as of Wednesday morning. Something might have to change, because there's a forecast for a mega-blizzard over the weekend in Western New York. Meteorologists are warning there could be a historic snowfall.

The National Weather Service issued a lake-effect snow warning for Wednesday and it will last into the weekend, according to AccuWeather. It includes Orchard Park, N.Y, where the Bills play. Several feet of snow could hit the area, according to forecasts.

According to AccuWeather, "travel could be difficult to nearly impossible" in the area.

"Buffalo and its southern suburbs may receive as much as 3 to 6 feet of snow by Sunday," AccuWeather meteorologist Matt Benz said.

Needless to say, that could be a problem for the Bills game.

Massive storm predicted for Buffalo

The storm in Buffalo comes on a bad weekend for the NFL, in terms of scheduling. The Bills play at the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. The NFL can't simply move the game to Monday or even Tuesday, as it has done in similar situations before. The Bills have a short week even if they play on Sunday.

It seems hard to believe that the game will happen as scheduled if there is three or six feet of snow in Buffalo. It would be dangerous for fans to attempt travel to the stadium. The Browns might not be able to get to Buffalo if the snow is as bad as forecasted.

While snowy games can make for great television, several feet of snow isn't good for anyone.

In 2014, a Bills' home game against the New York Jets was moved to Detroit due to snow. The Detroit Lions are on the road this week, as they play at the New York Giants. The Bills could stay in Detroit for the Thanksgiving game. Moving Browns vs. Bills to Detroit seems like a possibility for the NFL.

 

The possible disruption comes at a bad time for the Bills. They've lost two games in a row. They don't want to lose a home game. They also don't want to play a game in a few feet of snow, given that they like to pass the ball. The run-heavy Browns probably would welcome the bad weather.

 

The game might not be played in the snow at all. It seems unlikely, if the forecast proves to be accurate, that the game will go on as scheduled at 1 p.m. Eastern on Sunday. And if it is played in that much snow, it will be an adventure for both teams.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, the Browns' Offensive Line is ranked 2nd overall and the Ravens' is 4th overall per PFF.

 

By the time the playoffs begin, with the expected growth as the season gets colder and our Veterans' experience comes into effect, the Bengals should join those two as a Top-10 Offensive Line.  If you take away the first half and grade them the 2nd half, post bye, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up Top-5 over that period of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Right now, the Browns' Offensive Line is ranked 2nd overall and the Ravens' is 4th overall per PFF.

 

By the time the playoffs begin, with the expected growth as the season gets colder and our Veterans' experience comes into effect, the Bengals should join those two as a Top-10 Offensive Line.  If you take away the first half and grade them the 2nd half, post bye, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up Top-5 over that period of time.

 

Dafaq is jack Memes - Imgflip

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Snow Bowl (2017) aka Snowvertime

Bills and Colts Play in a Whiteout After Snow Takes Over Stadium

 

Ten years earlier in Cleveland:

 

 

 

Love snow games..

Question..

Have the English seen enough of NFL to gather enough true nfl fans for a team there?

Soccor is huge so Im doubting it..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Love snow games..

Question..

Have the English seen enough of NFL to gather enough true nfl fans for a team there?

Soccor is huge so Im doubting it..

 

 

I bet London would support a team. Pretty brutal travel for an away game against the AFC West. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I bet London would support a team. Pretty brutal travel for an away game against the AFC West. 

 

 

The NFL won't give a shit until one of the players has a mid-air stroke on the way home.

 

Then they will run ads about the importance of recognizing stroke symptoms while they look at expanding to Berlin or Tokyo.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Love snow games..

Question..

Have the English seen enough of NFL to gather enough true nfl fans for a team there?

Soccor is huge so Im doubting it..

 

 

Likely not. The UK ex-pats I watch the footy with--most from far outside of the London bubble--are only mildly curious with American football. The one Londoner in this group has been to a few NFL games there over the years, but says it's more of an anomaly than a passion. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Likely not. The UK ex-pats I watch the footy with--most from far outside of the London bubble--are only mildly curious with American football. The one Londoner in this group has been to a few NFL games there over the years, but says it's more of an anomaly than a passion. 

 

 

I believe that..

The USA loves their NFL..

The rest of the world loves soccer..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

The NFL won't give a shit until one of the players has a mid-air stroke on the way home.

 

Then they will run ads about the importance of recognizing stroke symptoms while they look at expanding to Berlin or Tokyo.

“As long as it isn’t a QB, it’s all good.”  - The Owners. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bills-browns-moved-detroit-210852381.html

 

Bills-Browns moved to Detroit due to projected snow

 
NFL source confirms to me Browns at Bills is being moved to Detroit.
 
According to The Athletic, the game has been moved to the home of the Detroit Lions, Ford Field. A day has not been provided, but it likely will still kickoff on Sunday
In recent days, a winter storm warning was put into effect in western New York. Accuweather had previously called the oncoming storm “potentially historic.”

The storm is set to “full throttle” starting Thursday and continue to the weekend. Snow could fall at a rate of two-to-four inches an hour, at times.

However, the game was not immediately cancelled because the length of the storm was in question. It might stop before Sunday at 1 p.m. which means the game could be played in Orchard Park.

Evidently, the NFL has opted not to risk that. Considering travel is the much more difficult factor for both the fans and teams, it’s probably the smarter call and certainly is the safer one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bills-browns-moved-detroit-210852381.html

 

Bills-Browns moved to Detroit due to projected snow

 
NFL source confirms to me Browns at Bills is being moved to Detroit.
 
According to The Athletic, the game has been moved to the home of the Detroit Lions, Ford Field. A day has not been provided, but it likely will still kickoff on Sunday
In recent days, a winter storm warning was put into effect in western New York. Accuweather had previously called the oncoming storm “potentially historic.”

The storm is set to “full throttle” starting Thursday and continue to the weekend. Snow could fall at a rate of two-to-four inches an hour, at times.

However, the game was not immediately cancelled because the length of the storm was in question. It might stop before Sunday at 1 p.m. which means the game could be played in Orchard Park.

Evidently, the NFL has opted not to risk that. Considering travel is the much more difficult factor for both the fans and teams, it’s probably the smarter call and certainly is the safer one.

I am sure the Buffalo season ticket holders are happy.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...