The Two Games Left The Bengals Do Make The Playoffs But Where Thread

9 minutes ago, Gary said:

We win 2 of 3 and win the division. Sad part is we will only have one home playoff game again, and we will have to play both KC and Buff on the road if we are to make it back to the super bowl. 

If we can win out we get the 2 seed, that's at least 2 home playoff games, and 3 if KC doesnt make it to the AFCC

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

If we can win out we get the 2 seed, that's at least 2 home playoff games, and 3 if KC doesnt make it to the AFCC

I like that scenario. That would put KC in the 1 and BUF into the 3rd seed. We would have tie breaker so we could move to 1 with a KC loss against Raiders, Seahawks or Broncos. Denver and the Raiders usually play KC tough so we can hope! Seattle will probably get blown out. They have lost 4 out of last 5 after having won 5 out of their previous 6. Seattle won't make the playoffs, but Raiders have a chance only if they need a win in the last week to make playoffs. Otherwise I am not sure how pumped Carr would be to play as a spoiler. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Just ran a Playoff Machine scenario. With both CAR and TB losing, it sets up a not-too-out of the ordinary path to the division title for our friend 

image.thumb.jpeg.8c1914926142cad109eccfbaff47b58e.jpeg

I hope he does well, and I will be watching him. He's a good fella. 

On 12/16/2022 at 10:35 PM, Bleeds Orange said:

I remember 1976 all to well. It was my first full season as a Bengals fan.

Bengals started 9-2 and Pittsburgh started 1-4 but won 6 straight to get to 7-4 in time for the epic snow game at Riverfront, in which they beat the Bengals 7-3. The Bengals lost again the next week in Oakland, Pittsburgh won again, and the two teams were tied at 9-4. Both won in Week 14, but Pittsburgh got the tiebreaker based on their sweep and the Bengals stayed home.

The 1975 and 1976 Bengals went 21-3 against the rest of the league but 0-4 against Pittsburgh. It was a heartbreaking way for a kid to begin as a Bengals fan. 

75f0c08fecc3af8cfe0b54478d1ff7cc.jpg

it didnt get a lot better for any fans hoping on the following 32-33 years....

On 12/16/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bleeds Orange said:

I know none of us are going to actually "hope" for a loss, but do we really want the team going into the playoffs on a nine-game winning streak? Am I foolish for buying into the "due to  lose one", "law of averages" kind of stuff?

if we were cruising through like the undefeated patriots, id be with you, but this team has been stomped a few quarters or halves and had some dynamic compacks, so i kinda feel like the "loss lessons" have also been learned. or so i hope. health is the biggest concern

On 12/17/2022 at 7:20 AM, WRAPradio said:

I don't want us to lose, but I am starting to think about potential playoff matchups.  If we can't get the 1 seed, I think I'd rather go to Tennessee than play at Paycor vs. SD or Mia.  I think we can beat both DS and Mia, but both have potentially explosive offenses and w/o Chido it would be nice to give the corners a break before play KC and/or BUF.

miami has both been figured out like what we did to mahomes, tua cant throw to the sidelines and he throwns timed passes to gaps, the last defense just started sagging on them, and made him the worthless QB he is.. the bills game is interesting.. we CAN beat them, not sure if we will... 

On 12/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, Le Tigre said:

Understand the strategy. But, one has to consider a home game in early January against two warm-weather teams. 

MIA in Buffalo tonight may give a good indication of how well they will play in a cold weather environment. 

we can beat them both regardless, if we are mostly healthy.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:55 AM, WRAPradio said:

i think the cold weather thing is a little overrated. I don’t think anyone likes playing in the cold and it’s not like every guy on those teams haven’t played in it. There may be something to it, but I’m not convinced yet. My disclaimer here is, I could be TOTALLY wrong about this. 

probably more player dependable vs team location, kinda like kicking in the cold you lose distance from cold ball and things like that, i dunno. but thats for both teams so not an advantage.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:23 AM, Le Tigre said:

I don’t believe you are wrong…however when analyzing how speed receivers—like MIA has—how much frozen and/or snowy turf might curtail their usage, it does become a consideration. 

Of course, the old saying of “both teams play in it” is also a consideration 

thats a better point.

13 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Just looking back, 3 of our 4 losses were by a total of 8 points with a couple of bad snaps on kicks contributing.

We could easily be 12 and 1. I know, a lot of teams can say the same or similar, and we could have lost a couple of the close wins, but damn.

yea, even our own fanbase needs a reminder, the 4 losses were the fluke... not the 6 straight wins.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

imagine getting paid to post absolutely obvious stats on social media.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You guys remember when we talked about how the games after the bye week would be tough?

We have not lost since the bye.

turns out joe is good, 

6 hours ago, Gary said:

We win 2 of 3 and win the division. Sad part is we will only have one home playoff game again, and we will have to play both KC and Buff on the road if we are to make it back to the super bowl. 

wonder how often the #1 seed doesnt make the conf championship game... someone look that up.

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Just ran a Playoff Machine scenario. With both CAR and TB losing, it sets up a not-too-out of the ordinary path to the division title for our friend 

image.thumb.jpeg.8c1914926142cad109eccfbaff47b58e.jpeg

it WOULD be nice to enjoy watching him fail horribly in the postseason for once. instead of just looking at the few spots we dropped in the draft to be embarassed on national tv.

5 hours ago, Gary said:

I hope he does well, and I will be watching him. He's a good fella. 

first time for everything.

13 hours ago, membengal said:

hell, 4-4 to now 10-4. What a run. And big wins along the way against tough opponents. 

In the beginning of the year, the thinking was that the second half would be the toughest part of the schedule.  In the end it doesn't matter if you're playing this kind (good) of football

27 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Dalton is a nice guy but his skills aren't even what they were when he was here

In an anomaly of modern NFL--the NO game model has been as balanced as many I have seen this season. They are running more than passing--but the accuracy of AD's short passing routes set up even more effectiveness in the run game. They had 348 total yards yesterday ( 214 pass, 134 run). If Kamara plays well, the offense plays well. Won't score deluges of points, but ball control helps to minimize that. 

The Saints have a tough two-game road trip (CFT and PHL), but it could boil down to a final game against CAR which could decide the division. With or without Good Andy, they have a lot of team shortcomings. But the fact they still have a middlin path to the playoffs at this stage in the season, is incredible.  

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In an anomaly of modern NFL--the NO game model has been as balanced as many I have seen this season. They are running more than passing--but the accuracy of AD's short passing routes set up even more effectiveness in the run game. They had 348 total yards yesterday ( 214 pass, 134 run). If Kamara plays well, the offense plays well. Won't score deluges of points, but ball control helps to minimize that. 

The Saints have a tough two-game road trip (CFT and PHL), but it could boil down to a final game against CAR which could decide the division. With or without Good Andy, they have a lot of team shortcomings. But the fact they still have a middlin path to the playoffs at this stage in the season, is incredible.  

The fact that they have a shot at the playoffs is all about the horrible state of their division. It has nothing to do with Dalton and the Saints. They've only won 5 games and that's while playing a really easy schedule

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

being the least disgusting piece of garbage on the sewer division is very exciting to shoot for indeed. maybe if he prays enough? maybe a mans mans hype speech before the game?  a calming voice on the sideline? the possibilities are endless.

15 hours ago, Griever said:

jets and jags both suck so thats a coin toss, i lean jags since wilson is the human representation of acid reflux.

14 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The fact that they have a shot at the playoffs is all about the horrible state of their division. It has nothing to do with Dalton and the Saints. They've only won 5 games and that's while playing a really easy schedule

being the best of the worst is really an exact representation of daltons entire sports career.

14 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Looks like we really help Baltimore by beating NE on Saturday. Whatever

help them what? get fucking smoked in the playoffs again? its a win win,, they get in and get smoked or dont even make it... i love both options.

13 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20221219_183231.jpg

eli apples mom has brought me more sports entertainment that andy daltons entire life has. 

she is also 1 of the two things i like about eli apple, her shit talking, and his shit talking.

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Not so sure about that ..

He's playing well.

Love to see the Saints overtake the Bucs...

a 5 win season so far with a top 10 easiest schedule in the entire league is incredibly impressive. 

IF we win out and IF KC drops one, this is what I have, which could be a very entertaining first round for the NFL. Tyreek going back to KC? Josh Allen vs Lamar Jackson? Two young QBs (With Tannahill out I think Jax wins this division)? Very entertaining matchups.

image.png

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

IF we win out and IF KC drops one, this is what I have, which could be a very entertaining first round for the NFL. Tyreek going back to KC? Josh Allen vs Lamar Jackson? Two young QBs (With Tannahill out I think Jax wins this division)? Very entertaining matchups.

image.png

Considering how we started the season, just the fact that we are discussing and this could possibly be the scenario is truly insane.

This season for the entire NFL has been one for the books.

• Le Tigre changed the title to The Three Games Left The Bengals Do Make The Playoffs But Where Thread

Archived