Jump to content

Buffalo (Divisional Playoff) Week


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

We were about to take their shoes and milk money last time but that was with a healthy OL.

 

I'm trying to convince myself Carman is one of those guys that looks like shit in practice & is always pissing off the coaches but balls out in games.. it does happen.

 

Raven's Dline is legit.... the Bills Dline, there is a large drop off there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Carmen looked good against the guy who was bull rushing Williams to death, but once they put a speed guy against him Carmen was a turnstile.  If a RB or TE didn’t chip for him it was the express Lane to Burrow.  

 

He had more bad plays than good.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

News on Jonah just out now is dislocated knee - I would assume that is a repeat of the injury earlier this year?

 

Yeah last injury was a dislocated knee cap. He looked pretty bad when he came back to play on it for a  few weeks. Hopefully he can come back and play at least at a ok level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping the D can hold up the O-LIne in the Bills game.  Would be totally awesome if the Jags beat the Chiefs but the NFL will not let that happen. NFL tried to get us to loose the last game of the season. Officials were a bit better this game...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, lslmustang said:

I'm hoping the D can hold up the O-LIne in the Bills game.  Would be totally awesome if the Jags beat the Chiefs but the NFL will not let that happen. NFL tried to get us to loose the last game of the season. Officials were a bit better this game...

 

 

I'm hoping we can get Mixon going for a change

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

News on Jonah just out now is dislocated knee - I would assume that is a repeat of the injury earlier this year?

 

Not dislocated knee, dislocated knee cap, just like before except it's his other knee.  Apparently since it's his left (outside) leg he is out for Buffalo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

They should move the game to a neutral site in the interest of player safety.

 

🥷

Agreed...might I suggest Nippert Stadium?  Oh, yeah, that's prolly not fair...how about something further Northeast like the "The Shoe"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Not dislocated knee, dislocated knee cap, just like before except it's his other knee.  Apparently since it's his left (outside) leg he is out for Buffalo. 

Thanks for correction, I meant to type that. And so he now has had each knee cap dislocated in one season? What are the chances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Carmen looked good against the guy who was bull rushing Williams to death, but once they put a speed guy against him Carmen was a turnstile.  If a RB or TE didn’t chip for him it was the express Lane to Burrow.  

I had a pretty good view from the stadium, and was watching closely. Correct that he handled straight ahead bull rushes OK. He was also surprisingly decent on sealing his man off on run blocks. 
 

He definitely has the feet to move around, but one of the reasons I noticed that the edge guys were beating him was he was lunging way too much, as opposed to sliding. 
 

Overall, he was OK. It was obvious he was much more comfortable at LT. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Le Tigre said:

I had a pretty good view from the stadium, and was watching closely. Correct that he handled straight ahead bull rushes OK. He was also surprisingly decent on sealing his man off on run blocks. 
 

He definitely has the feet to move around, but one of the reasons I noticed that the edge guys were beating him was he was lunging way too much, as opposed to sliding. 
 

Overall, he was OK. It was obvious he was much more comfortable at LT. 

 

 

Interesting that you noted him lunging - hopefuly a tweak here and there can improve his play.

 

On Siruis radio last week, the Ketchup Whisperer was on talking about Collins and said for some reason he was over committing to speed rushers and was ghetting beat by it, but that it was not how he worked in the past. 

 

Anyone comment on how our RT faired yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alex Cappa was performing at a high level...Jonah not so much. He might not be so hard to replace. We'll see. Hope is all I got. I wish we didn't have 3 O linemen go down in 3 weeks but that's what we've got

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Interesting that you noted him lunging - hopefuly a tweak here and there can improve his play.

 

On Siruis radio last week, the Ketchup Whisperer was on talking about Collins and said for some reason he was over committing to speed rushers and was ghetting beat by it, but that it was not how he worked in the past. 

 

 

Gotta love the asshole whose clueless player evals put us in the hole offering opinions on how we wield the shovel in digging our way out

 

Go eat another boiled hotdog, porky.  If you knew WTF you were talking about you'd still be in the NFL instead of on Sirius Channel #258

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Gotta love the asshole whose clueless player evals put us in the hole offering opinions on how we wield the shovel in digging our way out

 

Go eat another boiled hotdog, porky.  If you knew WTF you were talking about you'd still be in the NFL instead of on Sirius Channel #258

He actaully said "I am not a fan of Adeniji, but he is very althletic". Kind of saying the current OL coach likes him but he does not lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am happy to see the very reasonable opinions (with some understandable sarcasm mixed in) about the Hamlin situation being expressed here. These types of comments would likely get you blasted on Twitter, and I wonder how many are thinking it but are afraid to say it.

 

I dared mention to a couple relatives last week that I thought all this had gone a bit far and they didn't comment back, almost like it was a sacrilege to not continue clutching pearls until he is back on the field seeing game action. These are Bengals fans, too. One even bought a "3" tee shirt and I'm absolutely certain that she has nowhere to wear it and never will wear it. 

 

As for the game, the Bengals may very well lose, but Buffalo doesn't bring the sense of dread to me the way a tough, gritty division rival like Baltimore or Pittsburgh does. If they do lose, I just hope it's because they failed to execute, and not because of some controversial call. Is that too much to ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Josh Allen seems to be missing Brian Daboll this year. He's less consistent and is making more errors. I doubt we'll see the Josh Allen the Chiefs saw in the playoffs last year but time will tell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sea Ray said:

Josh Allen seems to be missing Brian Daboll this year. He's less consistent and is making more errors. I doubt we'll see the Josh Allen the Chiefs saw in the playoffs last year but time will tell


I just hope we see the defense the Chiefs saw last year in the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Anyone comment on how our RT faired yesterday?

From my perspective, I thought he looked pretty good. He was mirroring his guy well and keeping his inside rush angles covered. He seemed to flow well with Scharping—which surprised me after only a week of practice with him. 
 

And speaking of Max, his rep of being an overall solid guard, was justified. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

From my perspective, I thought he looked pretty good. He was mirroring his guy well and keeping his inside rush angles covered. He seemed to flow well with Scharping—which surprised me after only a week of practice with him. 
 

And speaking of Max, his rep of being an overall solid guard, was justified. 


Adjeniji was getting help until Carman came in.  After a series of Oweh not being able to bullrush Carman they switched him to over Adeniji.  Adeniji held up to the bull rush as well.  The quick guys give them both fits.  I think it was the LB Bowser, #54 they put over Carman on passing downs that was blowing by him. 
 

Kinda makes you wonder about Williams.  He just can’t handle a good bull rush.  Too small and weak.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:


I just hope we see the defense the Chiefs saw last year in the playoffs. 

 

We've seen the Ravens defense 2 weeks in a row now...and the Ravens played their starters on that side of the ball both weeks. We won't see a defense like that unless we see the 49ers on Valentine's Day. It's been a tough task for our patched together O line. They will get an extra pep in their step facing other defenses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Le Tigre changed the title to Buffalo (Divisional Playoff) Week
6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Yeah last injury was a dislocated knee cap. He looked pretty bad when he came back to play on it for a  few weeks. Hopefully he can come back and play at least at a ok level.

Doubt he'll be back but he's another

gamer with an injury so......

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...