Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 12/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, Bleeds Orange said:

Didn't somebody cost the Chiefs a touchdown and a win in the AFC Championship game by lining up in the neutral zone against the Patriots a few years ago?

It wasn't a TD, but the play would had resulted in an INT....the player was DE Dee Ford. It happened in OT.  Patriots got the TD a couple plays later to get to Superbowl 53.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

3A6OX4e4_x96.jpg

Dawand Jones will need season-ending knee surgery. His rookie season is over. Tough break for Jones and the #Browns.

Alot of weight on the big kids knees.

Think he'll be a good one if he loses some.

19 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

How much of Jawaan Taylor's grade is aided by the fact he lines up at RT in the backfield on 75% of the snaps and false starts on an additional 20% of those not lined up in the backfield?

Don't tell that Mahomes, he'll throw a hissy fit..

He's worse than those brats from the Willie Wonka Chocolate Factory...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Why would you take a 4th round pick in the first round? That’s just stupid. 

Literally EVERY team in the league had a 4th round grade on the guy or lower. 

Can never be sure what goes on behind closed doors, but I've heard the Bengals had taken him off their draft board completely. Apparently they weren't the only team to do this. Mostly do to weight and attitude problems. His pre-draft interviews were not good at all.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dex said:

Can never be sure what goes on behind closed doors, but I've heard the Bengals had taken him off their draft board completely. Apparently they weren't the only team to do this. Mostly do to weight and attitude problems. His pre-draft interviews were not good at all.

I believe it. 

Also, as I’ve said before, we don’t have Bill Callahan here to coach him up either. Can’t tell me that’s not a factor. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Qbs make or break coaches. There are VERY few coaches that survive without a top end QB

There are very few DEFENSIVE coaches that survive without a top end QB.  Great offensive coaches are able to pivot to a new QB quickly.  

• Upvote 1

Big Ben throws Mike Tomin under bus on his podcast, says the team lost due to bad coaching...

“At the end of that game, if we had one more timeout, we have another chance,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “When you lose timeouts because of silly penalties — too many men on the field, not enough men on the field — you can’t afford in the second half of games, to burn silly timeouts and not have them late in the game. To me, that is . . . that’s bad. It’s bad coaching.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ben-roethlisberger-cites-Stealers-bad-coaching-as-problem-in-loss-to-patriots

I hope the Stealers ownership agrees and fires Tomlin so they can really be a bad team like they deserve to be. 

• Upvote 3