Bengals vs Falcons (Preseason GameDay thread)

4 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

How about teddy bridgewater?

Hell, lets go after Wentz for a year--his career is fading fast, and I believe his career is over if no team eventually signs him.  Then you have two QBs with plenty of experience and had been in a Superbowl (mind you Wentz wa hurt because of tearing his ACL and missing the rest of the year, be was still on the Eagles roster on 2017, so he got a ring).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

I was watching channel 12 game went off with 2 seconds to go? Watching on YouTube tv . Did you guys see the end of game or just me? 

That's what happened on ch 22 in Dayton. Coverage of this game was amateurish. Replays were lacking

34 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

How about teddy bridgewater?

He signed with the Lions.

I don't get why this franchise neglects its backup QB. If they don't want to spend $$ on it, OK, then draft or sign one and coach him up in your system. They did that with Don Hollas back in the day. They've done neither for yrs

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

He signed with the Lions.

I don't get why this franchise neglects its backup QB. If they don't want to spend $$ on it, OK, then draft or sign one and coach him up in your system. They did that with Don Hollas back in the day. They've done neither for yrs

Playing devil's advocate but if Burrow goes down a backup likely gets them to what, maybe 8-8? I know some HoF QB's got their chance that way but that's a pretty big outlier.  The vast majority are backups for a good reason.  

So from that perspective, they'd be better off lumping it with whatever scrub is handy on the way to top 10 draft position.

This is also assuming a season-ending injury. however.  To me it would make sense to be in a position to go .500 over a 4-6 game stretch if need be and hope you're still in the thing when the starter returns instead of flushing the entire season.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Playing devil's advocate but if Burrow goes down a backup likely gets them to what, maybe 8-8? I know some HoF QB's got their chance that way but that's a pretty big outlier.  The vast majority are backups for a good reason.  

So from that perspective, they'd be better off lumping it with whatever scrub is handy on the way to top 10 draft position.

This is also assuming a season-ending injury. however.  To me it would make sense to be in a position to go .500 over a 4-6 game stretch if need be and hope you're still in the thing when the starter returns instead of flushing the entire season.

You're assuming Burrow is out for the year. What if he's out for a half or just a game or two? Wouldn't you like a fighting chance to win those games?