WEEK 2: vs RAVENS (GameDey thread)

The worst part isn't even being 0-2 ... it's reading these fucking losers on social media say "Burrow took the bag and now stinks" ... when he's playing on 1.5 legs and can't scramble without tweaking his calf. 

Really Burrow should have never played in either of these past 2 games. Now they may need to sit him for a few weeks to get it right, rather than fixing it fully the first time. 

• Upvote 2

Disappointed in the defense. Didn’t make any plays, really, especially money down plays. DL should have been able to make hay against the OL with their two best starters out, and didn’t. Hendrickson stunk up the joint and Hubbard wasn’t much better. Thought DJ Reader looked solid but that was it. I know they were having to watch Lamar and not let him run wild but I just didn’t see much pressure. 

And they were running the ball well… why not more often? Mixon ran hard and was getting yards. 

Overall, some positives but just not enough. And the Ravens will get healthier. Nice W for them… undermanned, playing an away game. Lamar played well and they’ve got a lot more weapons on offense than they’ve had in a long while, even with Dobbins out. 

The worst part isn't the injury to Burrow.

It's our offensive line doesn't look good...our offense looks vanilla and boring with lots of weapons

Our defensive game plan was what today? Let them not throw deep bombs? 

I think we may be over rating our systems on both offense and defense and that will last until those guys are gone. 

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I think Burrow felt obligated to play after inking the big deal, but now by being a trooper and trying to gut it out hurt, instead of getting praise, all he did is allow the twittershere from other teams to unfairly say he sucks after getting paid. 

Any team in the nfl would be lucky to have him he's on one healthy leg and almost best those boneheads today when he's healthy we can beat anyone 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I think Burrow felt obligated to play after inking the big deal, but now by being a trooper and trying to gut it out hurt, instead of getting praise, all he did is allow the twittershere from other teams to unfairly say he sucks after getting paid. 

I can see this as well. It looks to me Chase's comment on sitting 9 til he's really healthy, which was taken as humor, is nothing short of a prophecy now.

We'd be much better off at 0-2 with a better healed Joe facing the Rams at home for his return or even later if need be.  Now, who knows?

I was also intrigued by that comment made in the game about our coordinators still with the team when many others from successful teams

are poached to other clubs. Maybe we are kidding ourselves and overvaluing how good they really are?  Especially Lou?

I never was that impressed with Callahan. I'm not including Simmons in this discussion, he's proven.  We've been told we're fortunate. Are we really?

• Upvote 1

Im gonna get flamed for this, but Im getting the feeling we arent gonna be in the playoffs this season.  That calf injury in training camp forces Burrow to sit the entire preseason, where he misses valuable time and reps, and after how these two performances, its clear that the missing time he lost with the starters is showing.  Defense is doing all they can but the offense isnt doing their job and the losses are showing.  

Now I understand our 0-2 start from last year and how it ended. we got into a 10 game winning streak afyer getting punched in the face in Cleveland and lost in the AFC championship game.  I doubt we are gonna run into another streak after being punched in the face again and not doing enough to make up for it in the following game.  And to be frank, if we decided that Burrow still wasnt ready for the regular season instead of rushing, we probably wou.d still be 0 for 2023.  We are 0-2 and 0-2 in the divison, which is close to a dealbreaker for the division title.  Can we at least get a win to get off our backs?? At this point, Im starting to have doubts with the Rams on Monday night.  This is getting closer and closer to a slippery slope, if we arent on one already.

• Upvote 1

Defense taking too much heat.  The offense was so bad in the first half the D got worn down again.  Ravens had more running plays than the Bengals had plays in the first half.  Offense has to be a lot better.  

On the OL it seemed the pressure was consistently coming from the right side.  Guess who!!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Im gonna get flamed for this, but Im getting the feeling we arent gonna be in the playoffs this season.  That calf injury in training camp forces Burrow to sit the entire preseason, where he misses valuable time and reps, and after how these two performances, its clear that the missing time he lost with the starters is showing.  Defense is doing all they can but the offense isnt doing their job and the losses are showing.  

Now I understand our 0-2 start from last year and how it ended. we got into a 10 game winning streak afyer getting punched in the face in Cleveland and lost in the AFC championship game.  I doubt we are gonna run into another streak after being punched in the face again and not doing enough to make up for it in the following game.  And to be frank, if we decided that Burrow still wasnt ready for the regular season instead of rushing, we probably wou.d still be 0 for 2023.  We are 0-2 and 0-2 in the divison, which is close to a dealbreaker for the division title.  Can we at least get a win to get off our backs?? At this point, Im starting to have doubts with the Rams on Monday night.  This is getting closer and closer to a slippery slope, if we arent on one already.

We are on a very slippery slope now.

It was actually an 8 game winning streak and I don't see us repeating that again with a dinged QB, the AFC is just too competitive.

It's too early to say the Rams game is a must win but if we don't see major improvement on both sides of the ball against the Rams at home we are NOT making the playoffs. The AFC has gotten alot better and newcomers like Jax, Jets with drama, Tenn and even Indy ready to take our playoff slot.

We lose any of the next 4 games before the 49ers I don't think we make the playoffs. So yeah, 4 game winning streak with an injured QB.

Not a pleasant thought but it's my reality.

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

He threw the flag while staring in the other direction ... talk about following your script 

Well that's just crazy talk, a $150 billion dollar enterprise with billions more riding on public bets and no oversight would never do anything shady to maximize their profits.

Why, that would be illegal and just plain wrong. Shame on you for suggesting such a thing of an organization with so many integrities.

• Upvote 2