Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show

Usher set to headline Super Bowl LVIII halftime show

Decision announced via Apple Music Sunday morning

Published September 24, 2023 10:15am EDT

Usher has been confirmed as the headliner for the Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

The decision was announced by Apple Music Sunday morning via the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

"It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before," Usher said, according to Variety. "Thank you to the fans and everyone who made this opportunity happen. I’ll see you real soon."

In terms of guests, Usher said during an Apple Music halftime headliner special that there are many more Sundays to discuss who might join him during the performance.

Usher follows last year's performance from Rihanna, who publicly showcased her second pregnancy during the Super Bowl LVII halftime show in Arizona. Nearly 119 million viewers tuned in, and the Federal Communications Commission received over 100 complaints after the big game, with many claiming the show was "overtly sexual" in nature, TMZ reported.

Usher at Super Bowl LVI

Usher smiles for the camera as he attends Super Bowl LVI. (Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Roc Nation)

"We are thrilled to bring Super Bowl LVIII to Las Vegas," National Football League Executive Vice President, Club Business, Major Events, and International Peter O'Reilly said in a press release. "This city is a capital of sports and entertainment, always providing an incredible high-energy atmosphere for our events. We look forward to continuing the work with our local partners to provide an extraordinary experience for the Las Vegas community and show fans around the world what this city has to offer."

Taylor Swift reportedly turned down the chance to perform at Super Bowl LVIII due to being too busy with her Eras world tour, according to the Daily Mail. She has not publicly offered comment on the decision. 

The game takes place on Feb. 11, 2024, at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/usher-set-headline-super-bowl-lviii-halftime-show

7 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Usher set to headline Super Bowl LVIII halftime show

Decision announced via Apple Music Sunday morning

Published September 24, 2023 10:15am EDT

Usher has been confirmed as the headliner for the Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

The decision was announced by Apple Music Sunday morning via the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter.

"It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before," Usher said, according to Variety. "Thank you to the fans and everyone who made this opportunity happen. I’ll see you real soon."

In terms of guests, Usher said during an Apple Music halftime headliner special that there are many more Sundays to discuss who might join him during the performance.

Usher follows last year's performance from Rihanna, who publicly showcased her second pregnancy during the Super Bowl LVII halftime show in Arizona. Nearly 119 million viewers tuned in, and the Federal Communications Commission received over 100 complaints after the big game, with many claiming the show was "overtly sexual" in nature, TMZ reported.

Usher at Super Bowl LVI

Usher smiles for the camera as he attends Super Bowl LVI. (Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Roc Nation)

"We are thrilled to bring Super Bowl LVIII to Las Vegas," National Football League Executive Vice President, Club Business, Major Events, and International Peter O'Reilly said in a press release. "This city is a capital of sports and entertainment, always providing an incredible high-energy atmosphere for our events. We look forward to continuing the work with our local partners to provide an extraordinary experience for the Las Vegas community and show fans around the world what this city has to offer."

Taylor Swift reportedly turned down the chance to perform at Super Bowl LVIII due to being too busy with her Eras world tour, according to the Daily Mail. She has not publicly offered comment on the decision. 

The game takes place on Feb. 11, 2024, at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/usher-set-headline-super-bowl-lviii-halftime-show

..🥱..

• Arkansas Bengal changed the title to Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show
On 9/26/2023 at 1:53 AM, GoBengals said:

this could be so much worse.

pretty neutral, wonder if he has an ablum coming out or doing a tour, no other reason on earth to do this shit for free.

True. It could have been any number of modern country musicians singing about their dog, Ford pickup truck or former girlfriend’s sister back in their small town.  

• Upvote 3

On 9/26/2023 at 6:47 AM, SF2 said:

True. It could have been any number of modern country musicians singing about their dog, Ford pickup truck or former girlfriend’s sister back in their small town.  

You will never see that again because Jay Z is in charge.  Can’t allow that anymore.  Might upset some people.  You will get your pole dancers again but from him.  Just what children like to see in these whacky days.  Didn’t another person try that and it didn’t go off well?  But hey, to each his and her own.  I don’t watch it anyways. It is about the game not about the halftime or is it? Don’t forget to sing the new National Anthem too. Enjoy!  

• Upvote 1

Quite honestly, I have never watched a half time show.

Actually, I don't even watch the Super Bowl all the way through.

My season ends at the gun of the last Bengals game.

Closest I came to watching a half time show was one time Comedy Network

had a special episode of Bevis and Butthead they plugged into that time slot

called "The Butt Bowl".  I that.

Uhhhh... huh huh huh.

• Upvote 2