Buffalo Josh Allen Verizon My Plan Week

ESPN's FPI has the Bills with a 67% of winning this game, they are predicting them to win by 6 points...

Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals -3
Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati
Sunday 8:20 p.m. ET

Money Line: Buffalo Bills (+135) ; Cincinnati Bengals (-155)
Total: 48.5 (2nd highest of the week)
FPI favorite: Bills by 5.9 (66.9% to win outright)

https://www.espn.com/sports-betting/story/_/id/38781116/week-9-nfl-games-betting-odds-lines-picks-spreads-more

Not sure who anyone who has watched these teams play recently(the last 3 weeks) would think the Bills would beat the Bengals at home, especially when you consider how these teams match up. 

Bengals unveil jersey combo for primetime showdown vs. Bills

Chris Roling
Mon, Oct 30, 2023, 9:15 PM CDT·1 min read

ff6d813ea747003c7bb77d8aa4e85b0f

The Cincinnati Bengals will roll out a tried-and-true combo next weekend for the Week 9, “Sunday Night Football” clash with the Buffalo Bills.

That means a basic jersey combo of black jerseys and white pants, plus the classical orange helmet with orange socks to round out the look.

According to Jay Morrison of Pro Football Network, the Bengals have a 3-3 record in that combo. It’s the same attire lineup used in the recent win over the Seattle Seahawks.

The Bengals and fans will be looking to stripe-up the crowd for the primetime showdown with a rival they met twice just one season ago.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-unveil-jersey-combo-primetime-021514502.html

Just now, BlackJesus said:

^ As for this week, you could have also done the orange jerseys and also done an "orange out" in the stands, rather than the stadium stripes thing they are trying to pull off. 

Not a popular opinion around here...but the orange over black is my favorite look

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

What's the O/U on Damar Hamlin references from the broadcast team of Collinsworth and the Mike "Italian Stallion" Tirico?

I'm going to have to watch this game on mute because those guys are annoying af...just above Romo and Nance...really just Romo. 

At least 10

Buffalo has been inconsistent, yes... seems like Josh Allen has been putting the ball more in harm's way than before... but he's got weapons for sure. Allen can run and he's got a huge arm. Diggs is great, and recently Dalton Kincaid (TE) has been showing up. He's a good receiving TE who runs well. Dawson Knox is a talent, too. James Cook is a good all-purpose runner. 

Defensively, Bills miss Matt Milano but they have some talented rushers like Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau - and Von Miller is back playing too. DL is tough to move inside witrh Oliver and Phiillips. Bernard and Edmunds are good LBs and they have some experienced vets at S. 

I think they're vulnerable at corner, even with Rasul Douglas on the roster via trade today. They are smart and experienced at S, but they are old and I think with speed, you can make some explosive plays... if Joe gets decent protection.

Should be a fun game. I look for a Bengals' win, especially playing at home... but Bills are good, and it'll be a challenge. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2023 at 5:50 PM, High School Harry said:

Lots of cheap drama fan involvement crap again at the stadium.

Alternating orange and black sections of fan dress for striped effect.

Kevin Huber pre game Ruler of the Jungle and suiting up to punt at half time.

stuff like that 

man can you believe they want to involve fans and let people do something they may enjoy to feel slightly more connected, how silly. OH and bring back a long tenured player, local, and fan favorite to boot? sheesh...

On 10/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, Le Tigre said:

Late night-get-home-at-2:30am-event? 

Not this time for yours truly. 

doesnt look like i will be there either. did sell my extra set today for $750/pair, holding my set for a few more days to be sure im not coming.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, Griever said:

this dude has been injured half his career holy shit i just looked at his stats, 61 starts in 6 years. not likely to play us either way but yikes.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:09 AM, Jamie_B said:

The line is 2.5 in our favor

Meaning because home teams get 3, they think the Bills win.

close.

On 10/30/2023 at 7:01 PM, Griever said:

I think this will be a tough matchup honestly...

You catch Allen on a good day and he can make some impossible throws possible. Catch him on a bad day and he could throw multiple interceptions.

will be close if they get a lead, could be the same as SF if we get a lead. i am eager to see.

On 10/30/2023 at 8:30 PM, Cricket said:

…meaning they think the Bills would win ON A NEUTRAL FIELD.  The game is in Cincinnati, so Bengals are favored.

[Actually, the line is set in order to even out the bets for each team.]

yes and also yes.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:09 PM, Jamie_B said:

Yes, that's what I was alluding to when i mentioned the home team gets 3 points 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

but they dont think the bills will win on that line, as stated in the data point, the bengals are indeed favored... to win.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, Cricket said:

You said “…they think the Bills win.”   

The game is in Cincinnati and Cincinnati is favored by 2.5.  They think the Bengals win.  

Or was I to assume that “they think the Bills win” is followed by the words “at a neutral cite.”?   

yes.

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Bills Oline is comparative to the Bengals

Their interior oline looks weak in  the run game.

RDE Gteg Rousseau is their best rusher.

If Zeus steps up and contains him JB will have time to disect the Bills

Add  to the fact that the Bills oline interior is soft on run plays the Bengals have many options on their playbook to run effectively.

I can  the number ,#3 QB in the NFL putting up numbers but it will fall short.

JB is just to good...to be true.

sililar ratings aside from LT, their LT hasnt had to play next to Sloth Fratelli all season.

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If you normally give the home team 3 by default, you then think it's a toss up, but you're giving them 2.5......

yes the home team gets the advantage to win by three if even, they feel the bills are the better team but the bengals win due to home field. the only innacuracy he is pointing out is that they think the bills are better, not that the bills will win.

17 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

ESPN's FPI has the Bills with a 67% of winning this game, they are predicting them to win by 6 points...

https://www.espn.com/sports-betting/story/_/id/38781116/week-9-nfl-games-betting-odds-lines-picks-spreads-more

Not sure who anyone who has watched these teams play recently(the last 3 weeks) would think the Bills would beat the Bengals at home, especially when you consider how these teams match up. 

now we are getting off track. a bit different rating/picking system vs the traditional spread. that pick is wild though.

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ As for this week, they could have also done the orange jerseys and done an "orange out" in the stands, rather than the stadium stripes thing they are trying to pull off. 

there isnt a ton of orange bengals gear, its all black or white based. if they want an orange out, they need to pass out towels, and honestly for the striped sections, they should have passed out t shirts or towels per section, fans are dumb as hell, and as mentioned there isnt a ton of orange gear even the jerseys are slim pickins, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoBengals said:

man can you believe they want to involve fans and let people do something they may enjoy to feel slightly more connected, how silly. OH and bring back a long tenured player, local, and fan favorite to boot? sheesh...

Old school Get Off My Lawn kind of guy :liberalmedia: but I go for the game on the field and not the baby cam.

Time for the noise prompts and seizure inducing (for some) flashing lights to go the way of The Growl drum team.

Bring back the live tigers on the field (hopefully in cages) ... remember the time the tiger cub got loose and ran under the stands?

And the Dixie Land Band in the end zone.

Besides, the two beer drunk day trippers don't need more encouragement to show their asses.

Monday Night and Daylight Savings time ending = More time to get sauced tailgating or at The Bank$,

I'm ready for some football.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, texbengal said:

Buffalo has been inconsistent, yes... seems like Josh Allen has been putting the ball more in harm's way than before... but he's got weapons for sure. Allen can run and he's got a huge arm. Diggs is great, and recently Dalton Kincaid (TE) has been showing up. He's a good receiving TE who runs well. Dawson Knox is a talent, too. James Cook is a good all-purpose runner. 

Defensively, Bills miss Matt Milano but they have some talented rushers like Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau - and Von Miller is back playing too. DL is tough to move inside witrh Oliver and Phiillips. Bernard and Edmunds are good LBs and they have some experienced vets at S. 

I think they're vulnerable at corner, even with Rasul Douglas on the roster via trade today. They are smart and experienced at S, but they are old and I think with speed, you can make some explosive plays... if Joe gets decent protection.

Should be a fun game. I look for a Bengals' win, especially playing at home... but Bills are good, and it'll be a challenge. 

I believe Dawson Knox is on IR.

3 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I believe Dawson Knox is on IR.

Yes, hadn't seen that - thanks. Broken wrist in the last game. 

Kincaid scares me more, especially as a receiving threat. He's played well recently. Really liked him coming out of Utah... not much as a blocker, but he's really athletic for a TE and he can run and catch really well.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, texbengal said:

Yes, hadn't seen that - thanks. Broken wrist in the last game. 

Kincaid scares me more, especially as a receiving threat. He's played well recently. Really liked him coming out of Utah... not much as a blocker, but he's really athletic for a TE and he can run and catch really well.

If they try to have him block Hubbard or Hendrickson it's going to be a long night for him, also he's got injury concerns so he may want to be careful coming across the middle on this defense. 

• Upvote 1