The Way Too Early 2024 Draft Thread

On 11/16/2023 at 8:34 PM, Le Tigre said:

Somehow, I think he is. 

I hate that I think you're probably right about Jonah. In fact it would not surprise me if they skip OL outside of maybe some late round filler.

Round it off with a nice dead season article about how Volson won 2nd place in his pickleball league.

Tell me that doesn't sound Bengals.

• Upvote 2

Comp Picks: Saw one site that said a 5th and 7th for us and NFL site has a 5th and 6th:

TEAMS PROJECTED TO RECEIVE 2 PICKS

Cincinnati Bengals

Projected compensatory picks: One in Round 5; one in Round 6. 

Key free-agent losses: Jessie Bates (Falcons), Vonn Bell (Panthers), Hayden Hurst (Panthers), Samaje Perine (Broncos).

Key free-agent additions: Orlando Brown, Nick Scott.

Comp-pick analysis: For the first time since 2019, the Bengals should be receiving compensatory picks. Bates’ departure and Brown’s arrival should cancel each other out in the formula, but Cincinnati should receive a fifth- and sixth-rounder for its other losses.

• Like 1

Athleticism is nice to have but not a high priority for O-linemen. D-linemen are always more athletic than their counterparts across the line of scrimmage. RAS scores should also be taken with a pinch of salt. There are a number of guys around the league with RAS scores of 9.8 or higher on various teams practice squads that could be poached by anyone else. But nobody is trying to get the ODU TE who had a 10 RAS, fell to the 7th round and was cut by the Jets, then signed to their practice squad. Or the Northern Michigan OT who was super athletic, etc. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

JT Tuimoloau is my sleeper. 

I will lose my absolute shit if they take another DE with Henrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, and Murhpy on the team. I know we will need one after next year, but the room is crowded next year, DE is not a need right now.

And I love Tuimoloau, but hard pass.

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They'll never draft a guard that high 

You know it.

I know they have taken guards in the 1st round when Marvin was here and both guys made the line tremendously better. What I don't know is if they would or would not take one under a Zack Taylor regime.