The Way Too Early 2024 Draft Thread

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

My way too early wish list would have TE Brock Bowers at the top, as I think Burrow has always been deprived of the security blanket of a dominant TE over the middle, a luxury that Mahomes and Lamar have. 

bowers.jpg

correction:…that Mahomes has and Lamar used to have.  😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Tag Tee, if we rent him for a year fine, if we can get a 1st round pick for him even better.

I will be shocked if Jonah is back, he's the best RT in FA now and will get paid, the Bengals are saving that money for Jamar.

If you told me we tagged Tee and could focus on 

RT, LG, DT (because I don't think Reader is coming back either), and a TE, and they were quality players that contributed right away, then I think we are back next year.

I want the 1st for Tee..

Looking for oline and a possibly nose or 3,tech for the Dline as well...

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

My way too early wish list would have TE Brock Bowers at the top, as I think Burrow has always been deprived of the security blanket of a dominant TE over the middle, a luxury that Mahomes and Lamar have. 

bowers.jpg

And, you have to love a tough guy who plays football in shorts 

• Like 1

Horns of a dilemma.

Yeah. we want to see them win.

Doubt if enough to make the playoffs but still Win Bengals Win :gobengals:

At the same time... don't want to go Marvin and win/lose enough games to get us a

meh mid round pick.

What I would do would be a very un-Bengal like thing, focus on the first three rounds

all O linemen and draft up to get the better ones rather than wishing and hoping a quality one drops.

I like the idea of college OTs playing NFL guards ala one of my all time favorite Bengals, Max Montoya.

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:30 PM, Le Tigre said:

OG

DT

TE 

Let’s see the names we will all soon be familiar with! 

im not sure id draft any of those positions in the first 2 rounds honestly.

id go DB and WR

boyd and higgins deals are up, boyd should be cheap he got a #2 WR deal, he may be cheaper to keep than he currently costs, but Tee i cant imagine we keep.

Cheeto's deal is up and he will be 29, so maybe a 1-2 year deal, hilton has one year left, and its at 7+ mil. 

Turner can likely replace hilton, i guess.

is Battle the future at Safety? Hill is great, do we need another.

It would be hard to pass up McKinstry, Nabars, Wiggins, etc. 

Im not against an OL, but some weapon replacement may be needed drastically, and some upgrades in the secondary is also probably not a bad idea. Id be down for DJ Reader to come back if he wishes at a reasonable price.

• Upvote 1

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/11/17/23965936/bengals-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-joe-burrow

NFL Mock Draft Roundup: Joe Burrow Goes Down Edition

CBS Sports — Pick No. 18 - Keon Coleman

Tee Higgins and Cincinnati will likely part ways after the season, which creates a need in that offense. Keon Coleman is a big-bodied receiver who can win jump balls down the field.

Sports Illustrated — Pick No. 18 - Rome Odunze

This would be a massive win for the Bengals, who could see their wide receiver depth gutted in free agency. If that happens, Cincinnati would love to land a blue-chip pass-catcher like Odunze, who is a top-10 overall prospect in this draft. He’d make an ideal WR1 on any NFL team, but in Cincy, he’d take over for Tee Higgins as Joe Burrow’s elite second weapon opposite Ja’Marr Chase.

Draft Wire — Pick No. 18 - OT JC Latham

The Bengals seem to always be on the hunt for more quality offensive linemen.

247 Sports— Pick No. 18 - OT JC Latham

The Bengals have turned to Tuscaloosa before for offensive tackle help, and should do so again. JC Latham is a Day 1 starter and will be the strongest guy on the offensive line the day he steps on the field. He’s an excellent piece who could play guard for a year if needed.

NBC Sports — No. 18 - OT Troy Fautanu

Most are projecting Fautanu to move from tackle to guard at the next level. It wouldn’t shock me if he follows a similar path as former Pac-12 offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker, who has seen time all over the line.

He’s got a thick, athletic lower half and an anchor that brings pass rushers to a halt. I love his burst off the snap to drive block in the run game. It’s a broken record, but the Bengals once again need to upgrade their line in front of Joe Burrow.

Pro Football Network — No. 18 - Jer’Zhan Newton

The Cincinnati Bengals have struggled to defend the run this season and need a boost from the interior of their defense. With D.J. Reader a pending free agent, Jer’Zhan Newton could fill an immediate need and give them a dynamic defensive tackle reminiscent of Geno Atkins.

The 33rd Team — No. 18 - Jared Verse

It’s still hard to trust the Cincinnati Bengals’ pass rush in neutral game situations. Trey Hendrickson has been a really good player for the Bengals, but the depth behind him has been an issue for multiple years. Jared Verse’s three-down ability as a pass rusher and run defender helps bolster a Cincinnati defense that has played well for most of the 2023 season.

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

… I don’t agree with this statement 

Actually where they hunt is the free agent dumpster and then they hype them to high heaven.

Before the season started from the publicity I thought Cody Ford was going to come in and

set the world on fire.  Now he's a "who he?" guy.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Actually where they hunt is the free agent dumpster and then they hype them to high heaven.

Before the season started from the publicity I thought Cody Ford was going to come in and

set the world on fire.  Now he's a "who he?" guy.

The keyword in the statement was “quality”.