The Way Too Early 2024 Draft Thread

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

You’re not getting it…he can play anywhere along the line. He can used as a moving piece and provide quality reps at every spot. Guys like that are invaluable. It’s why he’s a top 10 lock. 

Spicoli has nailed it here. Dane Brugler has him in his top 10 or 15 , can’t quite recall, and said he will get a bad rap for his size during the draft process but teams know he is a disruptive force. 

I did a mock today (damn , way too early) and I picked him in round 1 then OL in 2 and 3 and a TE in 4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, texbengal said:

A big-a-- guy I like who has had a nice year is T'Vondre Sweat at Texas. He's a load - 6-4, 350+. Texas DL haven't done great in the NFl, generally, but he's hard to move and he's got some agility too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He's too damn fat....😎

meh - he can lose some weight. But for his size especially, he’s really agile. Not sure he’s a first round guy but he’s an ascending player… and big guys who are hard to move and who can push the pocket are hard to find. 

17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

5 recs 53 yds vs Alabama yesterday. Was looking to see how his blocking was, and it was basically OK. 

Scouting reports I looked at said he's a willing blocker and gets after it but doesn't quite have the size or strength to move people.

"Basically OK" would be fine if the RT lining up next to him was also basically OK.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

5 recs 53 yds vs Alabama yesterday. Was looking to see how his blocking was, and it was basically OK. 

both he and Ladd McConkey were playing hurt yesterday. That said, I’d say he’s more like Tyler Eifert from a blocking standpoint. Not that he can’t get better, but he’s clearly a receiver first.

Seems like in the current scheme, the Bengals want their TEs to block - in some instances, 1:1 vs. a DE, which always seems to end badly. 
I guess it’s why they liked Sample so much in the draft. He’s definitely a more than adequate blocker, but he has never developed much as a receiver. He’s just not very athletic in space (although he did score on that one vs. Buffalo where he faked out a DB in space). 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, texbengal said:

meh - he can lose some weight. But for his size especially, he’s really agile. Not sure he’s a first round guy but he’s an ascending player… and big guys who are hard to move and who can push the pocket are hard to find. 

Bengals havent had a drafted "fat guy" become really effective in ages.

Look at the list of busted fatties here.

Red flag to me.

• Upvote 1

The following may be kind of obvious, but if you have accepted that the season is over and want us to get as high a draft pick as possible, then when following other games you want the teams ahead of us in the draft order to win.

If in a given game only ONE team has a worse record than we do, root for them to win.

If BOTH teams have a worse record than us, then root for the one with the BETTER record to win, since that will make the team closer to us easier to catch.

If NEITHER teams have a worse record than us, then root for the one with the WORSE record to win, since that will make it harder for the team closer to us to catch us.

Because of the way the tiebreakers work, for those last two cases, if the teams have the same record, rooting for a team from our schedule to win is best.  If both/neither are on our schedule, rooting for an AFC team to win is best.  If both/neither are from the AFC then rooting for a tie is best.

Have fun.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

The following may be kind of obvious, but if you have accepted that the season is over and want us to get as high a draft pick as possible, then when following other games you want the teams ahead of us in the draft order to win.

If in a given game only ONE team has a worse record than we do, root for them to win.

If BOTH teams have a worse record than us, then root for the one with the BETTER record to win, since that will make the team closer to us easier to catch.

If NEITHER teams have a worse record than us, then root for the one with the WORSE record to win, since that will make it harder for the team closer to us to catch us.

Because of the way the tiebreakers work, for those last two cases, if the teams have the same record, rooting for a team from our schedule to win is best.  If both/neither are on our schedule, rooting for an AFC team to win is best.  If both/neither are from the AFC then rooting for a tie is best.

Have fun.

You forgot to add:

”…and fuck the stealers.”

• 3 weeks later...