WEEK 17: @ BURROWHEAD (GameDey thread)

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Horrible play calling in the second half.  Horrible route running as well.  So it’s either a screen or a 20 yard pass downfield?  

Nah people have it right, at lot of it falls on Browning.  The replays told the story even when Romo wasn't telling you - Browning was cheating and both waiting for and "expecting" big play chances.  He had outlets on two sacks and the last one  I think was meant to be a screen that was just botched by everybody.  The last two weeks Browning was playing for his career, and he failed.  That's why he won't throw it OB so often, he did again in this game - had an easy throw away but instead ran and sllid behind the LOS.  Why would he do such a meaningless and stupid thing?  The stat sheet.

Well, Browning was better than I thought. He’s a competent backup QB. I expected 9-8 after JB got hurt and they have a shot at that. Not bad, considering. They fought, just didn’t make enough plays in 2H on either side. 

But this defense needs a ton of work and the OL does, too. Personnel, sure but I think coaching too.  Pollack needs to go. And they need to look hard at Bettcher (LBs) and some of the DB coaches, too. Just not close to good enough. Both starters at LB regressed and while the DBs are very young, they got worse as the season progressed. 

Harbaugh (last year),  Stefanski and Tomlin somehow all figured out how to win with backup QBs and backup running backs in most cases. They have strong defenses and good running games. The Bengals have neither. 

• Like 1

Just now, HavePityPlease said:

Nah people have it right, at lot of it falls on Browning.  The replays told the story even when Romo wasn't telling you - Browning was cheating and both waiting for and "expecting" big play chances.  He had outlets on two sacks and the last one  I think was meant to be a screen that was just botched by everybody.  The last two weeks Browning was playing for his career, and he failed.  That's why he won't throw it OB so often, he did again in this game - had an easy throw away but instead ran and sllid behind the LOS.  Why would he do such a meaningless and stupid thing?  The stat sheet.

Not disagreeing but the coach has to make adjustments and force the QB to throw shorter routes. 

Burrow needs to be 1000 percent and he needs to do joe flaco or brady workout. The bench press I could care less. He needs to be able to finish season. The spread needs to be ditched and  run on limited basis. Can we draft some refs next year, not sure it would matter

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

They missed the illegal touch on Boyd too.  He was knocked down but, they can see it on us.  They missed the block in the back that lead to points for KC.  They missed the roughing the passer on Browning.  They tried to give MaHomes a first down.  We can go on and on and once again, FUCK THE REFS!  lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

We had a better year than we had any right to expect, all things considered.

This is the truth of it.  The defense was bending if not breaking in every game, Joe was a statue for like the first 4, and most of us wrote the season off when he went down.  If they fix the defense they should be fine.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

This is the truth of it.  The defense was bending if not breaking in every game, Joe was a statue for like the first 4, and most of us wrote the season off when he went down.  If they fix the defense they should be fine.

Considering our offense did almost nothing in the second half, I was surprised the defense held out that long. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Considering our offense did almost nothing in the second half, I was surprised the defense held out that long. 

Yeah I thought it was a mistake to not take the 3 after the one long drive - it was "that type of game" and boy was it in the end, and the defense could have used some help after finally getting a three-and-out - but tbh nobody should ever be surprised or expect different from Taylor, he's always said he will go for those.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yeah I thought it was a mistake to not take the 3 after the one long drive - it was "that type of game" and boy was it in the end, and the defense could have used some help after finally getting a three-and-out - but tbh nobody should ever be surprised or expect different from Taylor, he's always said he will go for those.

I didn’t have a problem with going for it.  I had a problem not blocking a guy coming right up the middle on a run play. 

• Like 2

Well.... if it's any consolation, we secured the 4th place schedule for 2024.  That means at New England (4-12), vs Tennessee (5-11) and at Carolina (2-14)... combined (11-37 0.229)

Based on the standings right now:

Baltimore gets Miami (11-5), Jacksonville (9-7) and Tampa (8-8)... combined (28-20, 0.583)

Cleveland gets Buffalo (10-6), Indianapolis (9-7) and New Orleans (8-8)... combined (27-21, 0.563)

Pittsburgh gets Jets (6-10), Houston (9-7) and Atlanta (7-9)... combined (22-26, 0.458_=)

We're gonna feast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1