Black Monday and Coaching changes (non Bengals related)

12 hours ago, texbengal said:

I’ve never been a Harbaugh the person fan but there’s no denying he’s had success. Not only at Michigan but at every stop he’s had. When he took over, they simply didn’t have the horses and it started at QB, where they didn’t seem to be able to find a guy… and his recruiting classes were good, but not as star-studded as some other places….

i think he’ll continue to do well in LA. They’ve got a helluva QB and some very good skill guys… plus some great pieces on D like Mack, Bosa, James… I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them in the playoffs next year.  

The Chargers have two main issues; their best players are injury-prone (Bosa, Mack, James, Allen, etc..) and Herbert comes up short in big games. I don't know what Harbaugh can do about the injuries as the Chargers might have to remake the defense with younger guys in the near future but maybe he can help Herbert develop into a more clutch performer with better play calling and coaching. When Herbert and Burrow were coming out of college many talent scouts liked Herbert's physical skills better than Burrow's. Hebert is bigger, faster, has a stronger arm, etc, however, from the shoulders up it's no competition, but we will see what Harbaugh can do with Herbert

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Was surprised that canapés got the panthers job no one else would take it provably 

Who wants to work for that mad man in NC, Tepper is like a short-tempered Roman Emperor whose answer to every problem is firing someone...maybe just maybe it's takes a HC more than 17 games to turn his dumpster fire of a franchise around...but he's a billionaire so he can't be wrong..

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

Who wants to work for that mad man in NC, Tepper is like a short-tempered Roman Emperor whose answer to every problem is firing someone...maybe just maybe it's takes a HC more than 17 games to turn his dumpster fire of a franchise around...but he's a billionaire so he can't be wrong..

Lol

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

If he's so hot why are the Chargers moving on from him?

Doubt he gets the job.

Agreed... overrated. Was a hella college QB and a smart guy who brought a lot of buzz with him, but he really didn't do a lot in Dallas, and hasn't lit it up with LAC either... even though he's had good skill position talent in both places. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The Chargers have two main issues; their best players are injury-prone (Bosa, Mack, James, Allen, etc..) and Herbert comes up short in big games. I don't know what Harbaugh can do about the injuries as the Chargers might have to remake the defense with younger guys in the near future but maybe he can help Herbert develop into a more clutch performer with better play calling and coaching. When Herbert and Burrow were coming out of college many talent scouts liked Herbert's physical skills better than Burrow's. Hebert is bigger, faster, has a stronger arm, etc, however, from the shoulders up it's no competition, but we will see what Harbaugh can do with Herbert

True, they've had their share of injuries. That's one thing you gotta give Zac and the strength and training staffs credit for... injuries happen, of course, but load management has, I believe, helped them too.

Harbaugh is more "old school" and that UM team was hella physical, and Harbaugh himself gave a lot of credit to the strength staff for helping to build and maintain that identity that wore many opponents down. 

And yeah, physically, Herbert is as good as it gets in the league now... size, speed, arm, and he's smart... but as you say, processing-wise (and leadership-wise, IMO), JB has "it" and Herbert hasn't shown the ability to get them over the hump yet. Staley seemed like a pretty horrible situational coach, and I think he held the team back some... I think there's a lot for Harbs to work with, especially relative to a lot of the other HC jobs that came open this year. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, texbengal said:

True, they've had their share of injuries. That's one thing you gotta give Zac and the strength and training staffs credit for... injuries happen, of course, but load management has, I believe, helped them too.

Harbaugh is more "old school" and that UM team was hella physical, and Harbaugh himself gave a lot of credit to the strength staff for helping to build and maintain that identity that wore many opponents down. 

And yeah, physically, Herbert is as good as it gets in the league now... size, speed, arm, and he's smart... but as you say, processing-wise (and leadership-wise, IMO), JB has "it" and Herbert hasn't shown the ability to get them over the hump yet. Staley seemed like a pretty horrible situational coach, and I think he held the team back some... I think there's a lot for Harbs to work with, especially relative to a lot of the other HC jobs that came open this year. 

Agree

Harbaugh will reprocess Herbert's mental inabilities on the field.

He'll also get him faster weapons.

• Upvote 1