Simple game:

Who do you add to this team that gets the most playing time this season?

It's a lot less stressful to play that game right now.

If Tee gets traded, it's probably a WR. 

If they have a plan, I could see it being Bowers.

Does a Fuaga (or insert your player here) type beat out Volson and so offer something?

Pretty clear Nose Tackle (if Sweat) would get a lot of time.  3T would, but in rotation. Still would get a lot. 

CB is the sneaky one. Get a top 2 corner and upgrade over Turner?

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Trent Brown signing may also increase the likelihood that the Bengals take a shot on someone like Mims who could sit and learn behind him for a year. 

For sure makes the high risk, high reward option a better gamble. If you figure out in camp that he sucks you can at least address the position again next year, instead of getting murdered today. 

I will say this ... 

I'm not crazy about Latham as a RT ... But I LOVE the idea of playing him as a G (which to me is what his body type should be in the NFL).

I think Latham could start day 1 at LG next to OBj and pulverize people. I think he's an All Pro G likely, but an above average T. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

An interesting idea 

IMG_20240319_200222.jpg

Harrison isn't making it to 6. Either Arizona at 4 or Chargers at 5 will grab him. One of those teams will probably trade out so their partner can take a QB but the other will take Marv. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I will say this ... 

I'm not crazy about Latham as a RT ... But I LOVE the idea of playing him as a G (which to me is what his body type should be in the NFL).

I think Latham could start day 1 at LG next to OBj and pulverize people. I think he's an All Pro G likely, but an above average T. 

I've heard Latham, Fuaga, and Fautanu all described as having pro bowl guard potential. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Fiske really flashes on tape ...

One thing that stood out to me about Fiske was his high motor. Seemed like he'd be out of a play, and then bam he comes out of no where to make a tackle or is running down field to pursue ball carriers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

As I said in my mock draft post, this guy is just a hard-ass football player who brings it on every down.  IMO you can never have enough of these, especially on defense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alleycat said:

I've heard Latham, Fuaga, and Fautanu all described as having pro bowl guard potential. 

I have probably mentioned this before; I watch mostly west coast college football--and Oregon State in particular. Don't be fooled: Fuaga is as natural a RT as you will find anywhere. He gets higher "grades" for run blocking, but my eyes didn't deceive me watching him pass block. Big man...anchors superbly...deft enough to stay with edge rushers, and rarely gets swim moved inside. Long time starter also. No "breaking in" like Mims. 

Forget the guard stuff--this is a tackle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I have probably mentioned this before; I watch mostly west coast college football--and Oregon State in particular. Don't be fooled: Fuaga is as natural a RT as you will find anywhere. He gets higher "grades" for run blocking, but my eyes didn't deceive me watching him pass block. Big man...anchors superbly...deft enough to stay with edge rushers, and rarely gets swim moved inside. Long time starter also. No "breaking in" like Mims. 

Any thoughts on the kid from BYU that is related to Penei Sewell...Kingsley Abunchofvowels...or something like that.

These Nigerian and  Polynesian players' last names have got me like...

8jtm82.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I love to see him next to Henderickson and have those two just play like madmen...With Fiske, Henderickson, and Hubbard we would have the scrappiest, high-motor gamers who play the game the right way with good fundamentals and are sneaky athletic lunch pail guys who are heady and gritty..

https://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I love to see him next to Henderickson and have those two just play like madmen...With Fiske, Henderickson, and Hubbard we would have the scrappiest, high-motor gamers who play the game the right way with good fundamentals and are sneaky athletic lunch pail guys who are heady and gritty..

https://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

He looked disruptive, like he's a factor on every snap.  Atkins was the same way.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Any thoughts on the kid from BYU that is related to Penei Sewell...Kingsley Abunchofvowels...or something like that.

8jtm82.jpg

I will just pipe in and say several sites have noted that given his athletic absolute he does not seem to have a full drive for football. The vowel guy from Yale does however. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I will just pipe in and say several sites have noted that given his athletic absolute he does not seem to have a full drive for football. The vowel guy from Yale does however. 

You know Ol' Musty loves those ivy leaguers..   They're gonna logic and reason right down the field.  :ninja:

49 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

8jtm82.jpg

Kingsley Suamataia. Ok say that three times. 

A good friend of mine is a BYU grad, so he and I go back and forth on the qualities of the Y players versus others. He can’t pronounce his name, but assures me Kingsley is the real deal. Myself? Can’t comment. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Pollack kind of alluded to that too, said he is nasty in his blocking but also was a very solid pass blocker. If he is there I think he is the pick.

• Upvote 1

They are doing a mock draft on NFL Network (Have Bengals selecting JC Latham).  

For the Dolphins at 21 they have them selecting Graham Barton…as a center (has been playing LT at Duke) and said that he can play ANY position on the offensive line.  I wonder now that we have signed Trent Brown at RT if Barton’s versatility might make him more attractive to the Bengals.  

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

For the Dolphins at 21 they have them selecting Graham Barton…as a center (has been playing LT at Duke) and said that he can play ANY position on the offensive line.  I wonder now that we have signed Trent Brown at RT if Barton’s versatility might make him more attractive to the Bengals.  

Thoughts?

Possible, Barton and Fautanu are seen as the high level guys who can essentially play all spots on the OL. One wonders though if you pick a guy like that at 18 or go more for a specific position elite talent. Could trade down a few spots and pick Barton as well. 

34 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Thoughts?

Pollack seemed to talk about Barton as interior only. 

Fautanu seems like the main guy who could legitimately be very good at OT or OG. He is the one to target IMO if you want to have 6 OL and figure out your 5 best in camp. He could start over Volson in 24 and then take over for T. Brown in 25. 

Or you could just get a true OT and give him a redshirt year (barring injury).  

• Upvote 1

My hot take... if you want to try to win a Super Bowl in 2024, Adonai Mitchell is the guy likely to be available at #18 who gives you your best shot.

He's slightly shorter (6'2" 1/4) than Tee but way faster (4.34). Kind of like Jahmyr Gibbs last year, who most were talking about as a late-1st or early-2nd, I think Mitchell is a guy who ends up in the Top 20 by Draft day.

Imagine defenses having to try to stop Chase, Higgins, and Mitchell. The size and speed of that trio would be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHx4O6Mkns

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alleycat said:

Simple game:

Who do you add to this team that gets the most playing time this season?

It's a lot less stressful to play that game right now.

If Tee gets traded, it's probably a WR. 

If they have a plan, I could see it being Bowers.

Does a Fuaga (or insert your player here) type beat out Volson and so offer something?

Pretty clear Nose Tackle (if Sweat) would get a lot of time.  3T would, but in rotation. Still would get a lot. 

CB is the sneaky one. Get a top 2 corner and upgrade over Turner?

Fuaga is a mauling olineman anywhere.

Versatility plays a part.

He would beat out Volson yes and provide OT depth.

Unless MB is adamant about a certain WR I doubt Katy goes that route.

Have ye no faith with this receiving corps without Higgins?

I do..

Turner should upgrade himself after being thrown into starting lineup last year.

The whole organization knows they need. NT .

So...

Katy will make it happen..😎

• Like 1