AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Another conspiratorial thought:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/article/nfc-championship-entertainment-journey-49ers-18631264.php

Who can book Journey on such short notice to play halftime of a home playoff game? 

Journey has its roots in S.F. Hometown team and band.

I like the Ravens and the Lions.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

Journey has its roots in S.F. Hometown team and band.

I like the Ravens and the Lions.

I know that Journey is a Bay Area band…hence the reason as to why they would play a halftime gig. 

My question was: with only a week to even know they would have another home playoff game (and the NFCCG at that), how would they (or the NFL) be able to book a rather busy/very well known band that quickly?

I do see where their 2024 Tour kicks off 2-9 in Biloxi MS. I suppose they had some open time for a quick-notice appearance, but…

Oh well, I’ll put the tinfoil hat aside until tomorrow. 😄

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I know that Journey is a Bay Area band…hence the reason as to why they would play a halftime gig. 

My question was: with only a week to even know they would have another home playoff game (and the NFCCG at that), how would they (or the NFL) be able to book a rather busy/very well known band that quickly?

I do see where their 2024 Tour kicks off 2-9 in Biloxi MS. I suppose they had some open time for a quick-notice appearance, but…

Oh well, I’ll put the tinfoil hat aside until tomorrow. 😄

Their tour doesn't start till Feb, if they don't have anything going on right now why is that hard to believe?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

I dislike the Chiefs, but I DESPISE the fucking Ravens.

GO KANSAS CITY!!!

I'm the opposite, tho I would prefer they both lose. :14_relaxed:

And go Lions.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Their tour doesn't start till Feb, if they don't have anything going on right now why is that hard to believe?

2-9 is less than 2 weeks away. A kickoff of a major US tour—for any band—is not just a “show up and play” event any longer…and theirs is 2000 miles away from their home base. Tour planning are detailed and carried out  months in advance. 

Whatever, I was just musing about how convenient it was for the home team in a  championship game can pull out a major entertainment headliner for a halftime show less than a week after they didn’t (or shouldn’t have) know whether there would even be a conference championship game in their home stadium. 

Karnak says SF wins. 

image.thumb.jpeg.019f8481dfd5648cc53c727f8c305431.jpeg

Take away Mahomes, his wife, the pop singer, and the pop singer's boyfriend, and I'd be for Kansas City. But those four are still in the picture, so I can't be for them. A vocal minority of drunken fans chanting "Eff Joe Burrow" after a game doesn't trump the vomit-inducing behavior of Kelce and the two blondes in the box.

1 hour ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Take away Mahomes, his wife, the pop singer, and the pop singer's boyfriend, and I'd be for Kansas City. But those four are still in the picture, so I can't be for them. A vocal minority of drunken fans chanting "Eff Joe Burrow" after a game doesn't trump the vomit-inducing behavior of Kelce and the two blondes in the box.

Dude.. Kermit just screams the dickhead jock in high school high-fiving his meathead buddies after making fun of the special needs kids. Type of mf to beg for nudes in the DMs then post that shit publicly if he got them type fuckboy.  Like there are red flags and then there's this guy being a whole Victory Day parade on Moscow's Red Square.  If he's not a completely insufferable douchebag I'd be shocked.

And before anyone chimes in, yes I'm aware he has won many games of football. My bad if you have, y'know, feelings about him but maybe just keep that between you and your NFL-licensed body pillow ok?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

2-9 is less than 2 weeks away. A kickoff of a major US tour—for any band—is not just a “show up and play” event any longer…and theirs is 2000 miles away from their home base. Tour planning are detailed and carried out  months in advance. 

Whatever, I was just musing about how convenient it was for the home team in a  championship game can pull out a major entertainment headliner for a halftime show less than a week after they didn’t (or shouldn’t have) know whether there would even be a conference championship game in their home stadium. 

Karnak says SF wins. 

image.thumb.jpeg.019f8481dfd5648cc53c727f8c305431.jpeg

Taylor Swift seems to have no problem attending games between tour dates. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯