28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I've also never been a fan of RB by committee, you usually end up with a couple of guys who are mid and cant do anything for you when you need a running game.

Honestly, Joe Mixon is kinda mid at this point. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I've also never been a fan of RB by committee, you usually end up with a couple of guys who are mid and cant do anything for you when you need a running game.

Teams always say “RB by committee” but rarely does one guy not emerge as the main horse. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Teams always say “RB by committee” but rarely does one guy not emerge as the main horse. 

Not always, and that's the stuff that worries me.

But again I am of the opinion that RB here isnt the issue, it's a lack of a good run blocking Oline 

The extra comp pick seems like a perfect spot to grab a young guy with wheels. They could even start running some wide zone concepts they couldn’t run with Joe. They’ll probably need a right tackle who can move a bit though.

Jon Brooks/Marshawn Lloyd/Trey Benson.

8 minutes ago, JC said:

The extra comp pick seems like a perfect spot to grab a young guy with wheels. They could even start running some wide zone concepts they couldn’t run with Joe. They’ll probably need a right tackle who can move a bit though.

I'd probably wait this year but wouldn't be against it. You really want Moss and Brown to get the most snaps. If you draft a guy this year you are basically killing a year of his rookie contract for nothing if not 2. You do it next year that limits it. 

• Upvote 1

Well, I was 100% wrong about cutting Mixon and that is a good thing. I thought the Mike Brown "we should honor the contract" thing would still be present but the organization is now (finally) past that. 

Of interest, on Sirius NFL yesterday, Mike Lombardi said RB's in todays offenses have to do 3 things in THIS order - pass block, pass catch, run.

I like this move (two moves)...

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Brooks would be the top RB in this class if he hadn't gotten hurt. So he probably needs a redshirt year anyway. I wouldn't object to taking him at the end of the 3rd round.

How many RBs do you hey need?

Full house plus Evans on taxi.

3 hours ago, JC said:

No more RBs now.

Got enough.

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Not always, and that's the stuff that worries me.

But again I am of the opinion that RB here isnt the issue, it's a lack of a good run blocking Oline 

The one position group we've yet to hear so much as a whisper about...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure there is a FA worth anything more than a 1 year vet minimum at this point

They're going to bring back Jonah aren't they

The ol' "we tried nothing and we're out of ideas"

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If he wants a 1 year prove it deal while we draft his replacement 

Not the most ideal but ....

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And there is no Hakeem Adeniji to kick around any more. 

Or is that Mixon?

Or Nixon?

IMG_2859.jpeg

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think they may.

Jonah hasn't got the deal he wanted

Id go 3 yr .40 mil...13.3 per

Both parties walk away satisfied..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I think they may.

Jonah hasn't got the deal he wanted

Id go 3 yr .40 mil...13.3 per

Both parties walk away satisfied..

In the years before “tampering period”, the Bengals (or the media) would always use the expression “wait until the dust settles”. Since we all knew that first-day free agency was never in their plans, the leftovers after Days 1 and 2, were going to be the ones who didn’t “get what they wanted”. These are actually the vast majority of FA’s 

Now that “official free agency” is set to begin, actual face to face negotiating will take place. The days of “Player X scheduling visits with Teams A/B/C” are upon us. 

I expect Jonah to be one of those “scheduling visits”. 

• Upvote 1