I would suspect they would be offerring Becton a marginal/reasonable base salasry with bonuses available for snap counts or games started. He is , at this point, a backup and even if we sign him, there is a fiar chance that a RT we drafted in iether R1 or R2 could outplay him. 

Still early in the post season here, what date did we pick up Brown last year?

I feel like tomorrow (Monday) will decide the Becton and Tart situations. 

Both have been treated to Ruby's steaks by the Bengals.  I'm sure both have been given contract offers. Neither of them have visited anywhere else (Becton had 2 others lined up but didn't take them yet), or made any statements since visiting. 

... So tomorrow it's time to shit or get off the pot. 

If I was placing bets, I would put Becton signing with the Bengals at 60% and Tart at 40%.

Mostly based on the fact that Pollack is personally part of recruiting Becton and was sitting next to him at the restaurant.

I also think Tart may want to "cash in"  for the first time more than Becton, who made Rd 1 money already. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

🤨 Becton is going to come to Cincy and redeem his career under Pollack. 

I was with ya u til said said Pollack..

Then again maybe he will if Bechton signs here.

Bechton is going to NE to what their offer is and according to the cap space NE 55mil could out bid us .

They've played against him enough to know if it's worth the price or not.

Trent Brown is a better choice to hold RT down for a year or so until their drafted RT can assume  starter duties.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If I was placing bets, I would put Becton signing with the Bengals at 60% and Tart at 40%.

Mostly based on the fact that Pollack is personally part of recruiting Becton and was sitting next to him at the restaurant.

I also think Tart may want to "cash in"  for the first time more than Becton, who made Rd 1 money already. 

Good points.

As things stand right now he has more leverage in negotiations.

As for Bechton he's off to see what the Pats offer then compare

Does his agent have to show what the Pats offer was or just his say so?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Does his agent have to show what the Pats offer was or just his say so?

Agents are akin to lawyers: they would be obligated to disclose all offers. They could persuade to not accept, but the client always has the right to see and decide. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Agents are akin to lawyers: they would be obligated to disclose all offers. They could persuade to not accept, but the client always has the right to see and decide. 

But doesn't have to show us what the Pats offer is. 

• Upvote 1

I sometimes wonder...   

At what point does Tyler Boyd give up on all of these other teams the media claims he's going to and just get something done with the Bengals on a 1 or 2 year contract?

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I think they both shot and got.

10 hours ago, BBR said:

I sometimes wonder...   

At what point does Tyler Boyd give up on all of these other teams the media claims he's going to and just get something done with the Bengals on a 1 or 2 year contract?

I'm not sure the Bengals have offered him a new deal