3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So maybe just don't read it instead of pretending we have the credentials to psychoanalyze someone with a bunch of painfully transparent concern trolling nonsense based on an argument over pro football. That is also an option available to everyone. 

Honestly...

Sorry I don't like someone's favorite jock but in fact life is pretty good lately. As if anyone actually gives a shit and wasn't just trying to win an argument about (checks notes) a marginal 2nd string pro football player. 

Psychoanalyze that, maybe.

lol psychoanalyze?

Not my place, that's for your therapist..... God bless them.

39 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

lol psychoanalyze?

Not my place, that's for your therapist..... God bless them.

Yeah you know the usual bs, I don't like or question a move the team made so I must be clinically depressed and someone is very concerned.  Goofy af.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T-Dub said:

Yeah you know the usual bs, I don't like or question a move the team made so I must be clinically depressed and someone is very concerned.  Goofy af.

What's wild here is that I started off by saying that people who liked Reggie Kelly shitting on Drew Sample are weird, and you turned that into some psychobabble nonsense that was never said.

Seems to me you're telling on yourself, but hey you could have just kept it about football. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

What's wild here is that I started off by saying that people who liked Reggie Kelly shitting on Drew Sample are weird, and you turned that into some psychobabble nonsense that was never said.

Seems to me you're telling on yourself, but hey you could have just kept it about football. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should check the receipts bud. We were talking about football and someone brought up Sample sleeping with someone's wife. I called that out as weird, reversed the accusation and then the name calling started.

Nice try with the gaslighting but it's all posted there in order so it kinda fails. Unless someone has an agenda, that is.

Just now, T-Dub said:

You should check the receipts bud. We were talking about football and someone brought up Sample sleeping with someone's wife. I called that out as weird, reversed the accusation and then the name calling started.

Nice try with the gaslighting but it's all posted there in order so it kinda fails. Unless someone has an agenda, that is.

So you felt the need to quote me, who ...checks receipt... wasn't involved in your spat with the other guy....a guy I've blocked a while ago..... after the Mods told both of you to cool it?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

So you felt the need to quote me, who ...checks receipt... wasn't involved in your spat with the other guy....a guy I've blocked a while ago..... after the Mods told both of you to cool it?

How would you know what the mods did? Interesting. Still haven't called anyone names over it so what's the issue?

Try to avoid blocking people but that's probably the move here, good call.

Just now, T-Dub said:

How would you know what the mods did? Interesting. Still haven't called anyone names over it so what's the issue?

I'm literally in a chat with a couple of them on FB, I hear all the tea.

🐸🍵 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

I'm literally in a chat with a couple of them on FB, I hear all the tea.

🐸🍵 

That would explain the very selective enforcement, or lack thereof, but I accepted that a long time ago :shrug: 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes T-Dub, they are all out to pick on you.

Nah just kinda obvious that some people can say whatever they want. 

It always gets hella weird around here this time of year though, think I'll check back in for the draft.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Nah just kinda obvious that some people can say whatever they want. 

It always gets hella weird around here this time of year though, think I'll check back in for the draft.

See you then.

• Like 1

Are we looking for a new punter? Robbins finished close to last place in average yards per punt, and about the middle in "inside the 20" which he was supposed to be good at. He was the middle with touchbacks too. He basically was about average for a college punter, and kind of crappy for an NFL punter. Are we looking to replace him this year? I looked up hangtime as well and he was just in the middle of the NFL, which was 18th out of 34 punters. This was why I was wanting to give Ariza a shot after he was cleared of wrongdoing. We won't be getting him though, but I believe like a FG kicker, a punter can be the difference between winning and losing. 

• Upvote 1

This is even more so as the importance of field position changes expands. Basically, with the new kickoff rules, the field will be shrinking to 65 yds—even with no returns. 

The defenses will be pressed to the hilt to limit offenses to possessions on the opponents’ 50. The tendency has been to attempt long FG’s, when keeping opponents on their own side of their own 20 will be huge. 

The exchanges of yardage between the 30-50 may be critical towards possessions which score. A punter doesn’t need to be booming kick-dominant….rather sky-high punts and placement is going to be more critical 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gary said:

Are we looking for a new punter? Robbins finished close to last place in average yards per punt, and about the middle in "inside the 20" which he was supposed to be good at. He was the middle with touchbacks too. He basically was about average for a college punter, and kind of crappy for an NFL punter. Are we looking to replace him this year? I looked up hangtime as well and he was just in the middle of the NFL, which was 18th out of 34 punters. This was why I was wanting to give Ariza a shot after he was cleared of wrongdoing. We won't be getting him though, but I believe like a FG kicker, a punter can be the difference between winning and losing. 

Both PK/punting is a huge part of chasing a Super Bowl ring. No way KC wins a ring this year without the huge contributions of Butker/Tommy Townsend. Araiza was both the PK and punter in college, so he has no experience at place holding. Simmons considers place holding as critical, so he would have no interest in Araiza. But punting is still a problem in Cincinnati, and there is almost no chance at a SB ring until the problem gets solved.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dex said:

Both PK/punting is a huge part of chasing a Super Bowl ring. No way KC wins a ring this year without the huge contributions of Butker/Tommy Townsend. Araiza was both the PK and punter in college, so he has no experience at place holding. Simmons considers place holding as critical, so he would have no interest in Araiza. But punting is still a problem in Cincinnati, and there is almost no chance at a SB ring until the problem gets solved.

Yes, it's still an issue (punting) for sure... Robbins needs to be hella better. He's a good holder, which is important, as you state... and his hang time was generally good, but distance-wise, no bueno. 

As LT noted in his post, with the new KR rules, the field has shrunk and field position is even more important. And for a defense that struggled mightily last year -  even assuming improvement this fall - they need whatever additional help it can get. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dex said:

Eh, place holding is something that can be learned in a couple of weeks. Plenty of time to train whomever wins the punting job how McPherson likes the ball angled. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Eh, place holding is something that can be learned in a couple of weeks. 

I'd like you to find the NFL special teams coach who agrees with you on this. Definitely the one in Cincinnati wouldn't. So much of placekicking is just confidence in the entire snap/hold operation. Butker had total confidence in Townsend last year, which is one reason why he was the best PK in the league last season.  He didn't even have to think about the hold. Houston got themselves a good one in Townsend. With a franchise QB on a rookie contract for several more years, the Texans are definitely going for it this season.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Uh, KC apparently agrees with me since they signed Araiza. 

I'm sure Araiza won't be the only punter the Chiefs bring in for cheap. They will have him compete for the job. No way they just hand Araiza the job after not kicking in two years. They do have the best GM in the game.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dex said:

I'd like you to find the NFL special teams coach who agrees with you on this. Definitely the one in Cincinnati wouldn't. So much of placekicking is just confidence in the entire snap/hold operation. Butker had total confidence in Townsend last year, which is one reason why he was the best PK in the league last season.  He didn't even have to think about the hold. Houston got themselves a good one in Townsend. With a franchise QB on a rookie contract for several more years, the Texans are definitely going for it this season.

Funny story but when I played flag football our QB was a former small college QB and he HATED how the other guy (before me) hiked him the ball. He didn't want to say anything bad about the dude, but was telling me that he was glad I played for their team. We went undefeated too and won the championship! He passed me the ball so hard that it dislocated my finger lol. It was ok though because I only took one play off popping it back into place and then I was right back out there.