Trey Hendrickson requests a trade !

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

He's got zero leverage except for asking for a trade, but he's under contract until 2025. I'm sure the Bengals could give him a bit more cash to make him happy but he did just sign an extension and is an integral part of the team. 

I'm sure his agent has been talking with a few teams that will give him an extension but why would the Bengals trade their best pass rusher who is under contract until 2025? 

The only leverage he has even with trying to get a trade is the threat of retirement. I would be very surprised if that happened.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The only leverage he has even with trying to get a trade is the threat of retirement. I would be very surprised if that happened.

The agent is making his client look stupid by asking for unrealistic demands. A quick search of the agents' website shows that his only other name client is Marquez Valdez Scandling, so maybe he sees Trey as his cash cow and is pumping his head with sweet nothings about him being underpaid because of the new deals that were signed this offseason. 

If he thinks the Bengals are going to trade Trey or extend him when there's no reason to do so then he is silly. Trey isn't going to retire, if he was seriously considering retirement, he wouldn't be asking for a trade....all of this was poorly timed and executed.. a big-time failure on the agent's part. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The agent is making his client look stupid, asking for unrealistic demands. A quick search of the agents' web site shows that his only other name client is Marquez Valdez Scandling, so maybe he sees Trey as his cash cow and is pumping his head with sweet nothings about him being underpaid because of the new deals that were signed this offseason. 

If he thinks the Bengals are going to trade Trey or extend him when there's no reason to do so is just silly. Trey isn't going retire, if so he wouldn't be asking for a trade....all of this poorly timed and executed..big time fail on the agents part. 

If the agent only has one other name client, then that leads me to believe that he, as I just told a client and fellow Bengals fans "does not know with whom he is messing". My client asked if it was because of Mike Brown's cheapness and I said no, because it was because of Mike Brown's principles. Basically he's going to say "Shut up and play." or "Shut up and retire."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

The agent is making his client look stupid, asking for unrealistic demands. A quick search of the agents' web site shows that his only other name client is Marquez Valdez Scandling, so maybe he sees Trey as his cash cow and is pumping his head with sweet nothings about him being underpaid because of the new deals that were signed this offseason. 

If he thinks the Bengals are going to trade Trey or extend him when there's no reason to do so is just silly. Trey isn't going retire, if so he wouldn't be asking for a trade....all of this poorly timed and executed..big time fail on the agents part. 

The fact that even if the Bengals wanted to, they couldn't give him a new contract right now is embarrassing for his agent. I'm guessing they approached the Bengals, the Bengals scoffed at it since they just extended him and he will be 30+ when the contract is over and as such isnt as likely to get the money he wants. 

Hopefully both sides can meet somewhere in the middle in 3 months. But if he is asking for a trade right now knowing the Bengals cant do a contract right now, it seems like that isn't likely. 

So what we are likely looking at is he is going to play for us the next 2 years and move on.

So next year we should start looking at adding another DE, to pair with Murphy for the long term

Just now, BlackJesus said:

Which begs the question: Why would a team give a guy contemplating retirement a new extension and a raise? 

Hey Trey

200w (7).gif

Don't even make the threat if you arent serious. 

Sounds like he met with Zach yesterday, hopefully Zach can talk some sense into him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

If the agent only has one other name client, then that leads me to believe that he, as I just told a client and fellow Bengals fans "does not know with whom he is messing". My client asked if it was because of Mike Brown's cheapness and I said no, because it was because of Mike Brown's principles. Basically he's going to say "Shut up and play." or "Shut up and retire."

Another reality is the agent knows he can't do anything but doesn't want to lose his only big-name client so he's just saying and doing whatever Trey wants him to do, even if he knows there's a zero percent chance of it happening. 

• Upvote 1

If the Bengals agreed in good faith and are reneging now that is going to hurt them with other guys they want to sign long term.

I really hope this isn't true and we are not slipping back into our old way of doing business.

This is a relatively weak draft for edge rushers. Bengals could probably get a late first round pick from a team like the Lions (if they have any cap space left after extending St Brown and Sewell). They're also looking at a Goff extension. The Commanders have cap space and a need at DE so maybe they offer their 2nd rounder or something. The problem for the Bengals is they couldn't get as good a player at that spot. So trading Trey doesn't make much sense.

Trading Tee on the other hand might, depending on what is offered and who we can replace him with. This is a good WR draft so saving the 22 mil and using it for Uno's extension makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If the Bengals agreed in good faith and are reneging now that is going to hurt them with other guys they want to sign long term.

I really hope this isn't true and we are not slipping back into our old way of doing business.

The Bengals added a year to his previous deal and gave him a raise on his 2023 salary. It amounted to 21 mil in new money for an additional year. That's not ripping him off. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The agent is making his client look stupid by asking for unrealistic demands. A quick search of the agents' website shows that his only other name client is Marquez Valdez Scandling, so maybe he sees Trey as his cash cow and is pumping his head with sweet nothings about him being underpaid because of the new deals that were signed this offseason. 

If he thinks the Bengals are going to trade Trey or extend him when there's no reason to do so then he is silly. Trey isn't going to retire, if he was seriously considering retirement, he wouldn't be asking for a trade....all of this was poorly timed and executed.. a big-time failure on the agent's part. 

This...

Well said..

19 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Neither has his agent or Trey. Neither side can divulge specifics of contractural negotiations until such time that either side signs off. 

I do this stuff all the time. 

Question .

If you were Higgins and Treys

agent what would you advise them and what would your demands to keep both here?

19 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Trey: "You need to pay me more money or I'll just quit playing altogether." 

Mike: (leans forward slowly and whispers) "Did you forget who the fuck you're talking to?"

Funny but oh so true..😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

20 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Ok now hold up ... 

I would definitely do that deal! 

IMG_20240425_012610.jpg

Bartender, I'll have what he's having.

Our WR2, best pass rusher AND first round pick?! Why not throw in Burrow and the stadium itself? I admit I haven't watched Justin Jefferson closely but I think someone would've mentioned if he was a Superbowl MVP five years in a row while inventing cold fusion and curing cancer in the off-season.

Anyhow I think the issue here may come down to the team not drafting well enough to be playing hardball with their top talent. There's no one ready to step in behind most of them & they and their agents know it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I believe this lady. 

• Upvote 1

This could be true but maybe, just maybe, the Bengals are still in negotiations with Trey...he has to realize that he's just one of many employees and the draft is the top priority, not a guy who is under contract through 2025. I understand he wants to get paid but he needs to be patient and not pitch a bitch.

• Upvote 1

Stop . You know better.

Its Katys team now and has been all most since JB arrived.

MB may still give the approval but he trusts her competency and the integrity he had with contracts.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This could be true but maybe, just maybe, the Bengals are still in negotiations with Trey...he has to realize that he's just one of many employees and the draft is the top priority, not a guy who is under contract through 2025. I understand he wants to get paid but he needs to be patient and not pitch a bitch.

And maybe each sides timeline is just not lining up...?  He can't even get a pay raise on his current deal for another 3 months due to CBA rules.  I mean it's not like the whole organization isn't focused on the draft right now or dealing with Bill Tobin's passing this week or anything...

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Principles yes.

You honor your deal as he will.

Integrity.

Ask any player if Mike had that quality?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Stop . You know better.

Its Katys team now and has been all most since JB arrived.

MB may still give the approval but he trusts her competency and the integrity he had with contracts.

Why do we think Katie is any different and not her fathers daughter 

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Which begs the question: Why would a team give a guy contemplating retirement a new extension and a raise? 

Hey Trey

200w (7).gif

Katy won't.

She understands that.

An agent with 1 aging player with back issues decides to shoot for the moon 

to compensate himself.

He has the wrong org to try that with .

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

If he has another stellar year this year he deserves an extension and a raise I just hope this does not become a distraction 

And if he regresses with back issues 

or whatever would he then be happy he'll be paid in full by Katy?

You bet he will ..

• Upvote 2