Giants rumored to trade Shockey

[quote name='Jason' post='626872' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:39 PM']Um, every player does have that opportunity. It is a rare occurrence. I never liked John Elway because of it, and I'll never like Eli. It pains me to have to root for the Giants in the SB. All I can say is I hope Eli playes like Big Jen did.[/quote]

I had the unfortunate task of watching Archie Manning play his first 2 years in New Orleans. Dad had season tickets. I have no problem with what the Mannings did. All Archie did for his first 5 years was run around for his life and get sacked. He was a great QB who never got a chance to play on anything resembling a good team.

God I hope the Giants win. Tiki and Shockey not playing while Eli leads them to the SuperBowl. LMAO.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='626882' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:52 PM']Eli sucks. End of. Doesn't matter what anyone wants him to do, all he can do is suck.[/quote]

Even Hitler thinks Eli sucks: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='626830' date='Jan 25 2008, 01:53 PM']more like he made a smart business move.[/quote]

I agree with that...

And I don't want Shockey. We've got enough idiots on this team already, we don't need another one. And isn't it ironic that the Giants made the playoffs without their leading receiver, and now they're going to the super bowl without him?

I am guessing that the chemistry of the team is much better without his personality...

edit: Not their leading receiver obviously, that's Plaxico, but still...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='626887' date='Jan 25 2008, 03:11 PM']I agree with that...

And I don't want Shockey. We've got enough idiots on this team already, we don't need another one. And isn't it ironic that the Giants made the playoffs without their leading receiver, and now they're going to the super bowl without him?

I am guessing that the chemistry of the team is much better without his personality...

edit: Not their leading receiver obviously, that's Plaxico, but still...[/quote]
[b]makes me wonder if we'd be better off without Chad...[/b]

Shockey was a great threat in the passing game no doubt about that.
He has a serious ankle injury plus he broke his fibula and how will that affect his
game? I dont know but he might lose a step from all of it.
He'll bitch as much as Chad about getting the ball.. Carson's hair will turn grey!!!!
He also has Drew Rosenhaus as his agent which isnt going to bode well with the Bengals.
Weighing it all out Id pass on this one..

He'd be a perfect fit: last year, he could've been dancing for the cameras just like this while Graham went to kick the winning FG in the last game, with the same result -

[img]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/a/f/7afcaf0daea7ccebcf88af57df36c722.gif[/img]

This kind of mature, winning attitude is what we need around here. :ninja:

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='626900' date='Jan 25 2008, 03:41 PM']He'd be a perfect fit: last year, he could've been dancing for the cameras just like this while Graham went to kick the winning FG in the last game, with the same result -

[img]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/a/f/7afcaf0daea7ccebcf88af57df36c722.gif[/img]

This kind of mature, winning attitude is what we need around here. :ninja:[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Tigris' post='626863' date='Jan 25 2008, 02:30 PM']Didn't he say he would not play for the San Diego Chargers no matter what? Something about going back to school for something if he had to? That's enough talking for me.

The draft isn't supposed to work like that. You're supposed to play for the team that picks you. They're lucky enough to be drafted... choosing who you play for is shitty.

The Chargers did draft Eli, then traded him to NY.[/quote]

Every player has the opportunity to not play for whomever drafted them. All they have to do is not sign, they go back into the draft the following year. Elway did it.

[quote]700 yards and 5+ TD catches may influence you a little bit[/quote]
I can assure you it wouldn't. 1000 yds and 10 TD's wouldn't. If I think a guy is a punk, no matter who it is, then I think he's a punk and I root against him. Don't care what he puts up. If Terrell Owens came to the Bengals I'd root against him.

Whomever was pimping Kevin Boss on this board last year should be a Bengal Scout.We've been screaming for a TE for two years and the Giants got him in the fourth round.The same goes for the pimper of Brandon Jacobs.Another 4th rounder I think who would have solved our problems.

Of course,BJ's annual pimping of a big,fat DT is another story.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='626916' date='Jan 25 2008, 04:19 PM']Every player has the opportunity to not play for whomever drafted them. All they have to do is not sign, they go back into the draft the following year. Elway did it.

I can assure you it wouldn't. 1000 yds and 10 TD's wouldn't. If I think a guy is a punk, no matter who it is, then I think he's a punk and I root against him. Don't care what he puts up. If Terrell Owens came to the Bengals I'd root against him.[/quote]
Elway was traded to the Broncos,he didn't reenter the draft. I never likrd Ricky Hunley either, same reason.

[quote name='Tigris' post='626832' date='Jan 25 2008, 01:55 PM']he came across as a bitch to me. but however you look at it i guess.[/quote]

I agree with you, too.

[quote name='OldBear' post='626964' date='Jan 25 2008, 06:23 PM']Elway was traded to the Broncos,he didn't reenter the draft. I never likrd Ricky Hunley either, same reason.[/quote]

I agree with you, too. (Ricky Hunley)

He's a really good receiver, no doubt. Not much of a blocker, and from everything I've seen and heard, he's a selfish knucklehead.

I guess he and Eli don't see eye to eye, and with Kevin Boss showing something and the Giants' O showing some life in general (with more involvement from other receivers, including rookies Boss and Smith, and Plexiglass having a nice year), they may be better off without him. Shockey seems to have some "I want the ball or I'll make everyone miserable" tendencies, and this team doesn't need that. Give the migraine to someone else.

[quote name='OldBear' post='626964' date='Jan 25 2008, 06:23 PM']Elway was traded to the Broncos,he didn't reenter the draft. I never likrd Ricky Hunley either, same reason.[/quote]
I apologize - I didn't mean to imply Elway went back into the draft, I know he didn't do. The way I worded it made it sound like that and that wasn't where I was going. I was just implying that Elway was another big namer that refused to play for the team that drafted him.

The tackle (McKinney??) that the Vikings drafted a few years ago almost decided to just go back into the draft until Minnesota eventually paid him what he thought he deserved. I don't think he signed until like the end of November or first of December.

He was basically like a month away from having to declare for the draft again, which is January 15th I believe.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='626916' date='Jan 25 2008, 04:19 PM']Every player has the opportunity to not play for whomever drafted them. All they have to do is not sign, they go back into the draft the following year. Elway did it.

I can assure you it wouldn't. 1000 yds and 10 TD's wouldn't. If I think a guy is a punk, no matter who it is, then I think he's a punk and I root against him. Don't care what he puts up. If Terrell Owens came to the Bengals I'd root against him.[/quote]
I'm not big on Chad but I root for the guy... if he does well, it's more likely we'll win.

It's just weird to me that you do that... but that's fine. I just couldn't root against a Bengal... kinda seems like I'd rather someone play bad and us lose than they do good and we win

Archived