fuck the NFL network

[quote name='Tiger Stripes' post='634025' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:11 PM']so I have dish network and I woke up today only to find out that NFL network is now a subscription channel this is bullshit. Anyone with direct tv have the same problem?[/quote]

no

[quote name='Tiger Stripes' post='634025' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:11 PM']so I have dish network and I woke up today only to find out that NFL network is now a subscription channel this is bullshit. Anyone with direct tv have the same problem?[/quote]

No, sorry bro.

I wonder if it's because Direct has the NFL package deal?
Either way, it sucks that everyone can't get the channel.

[quote name='Jason' post='634034' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:32 PM']It's not the network, it's your provider. Switch to DirecTV, and mention my name.

:D[/quote]

Jason, I have Time Warner Cable. I called them and mentioned your name. They hung-up on me! What's UP with that?

[quote name='Jason' post='634060' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:24 PM']Why did you call Time Wraner Cable?

:lol:[/quote]

I'm messing with you.

:lol:

I do have Time Warner Cable. I would PAY for the NFL Network this year, IF they would offer it. I am guessing a lot of Timer Warner subscribers would do so, too.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='634065' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:30 PM']I know there is a local channel in the DC area that will play Total Access on Saturday Nights real late (like 12am), not sure if they do that elsewhere though.[/quote]

yea I stumbled across that channel this past weekend. MyNetworkTV. Got excited for a second cause I thought I was going to get to see the combine. They only show Total Access though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='634070' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:34 PM']yea I stumbled across that channel this past weekend. MyNetworkTV. Got excited for a second cause I thought I was going to get to see the combine. They only show Total Access though.[/quote]

Yes total access is it.

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='634046' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:46 PM']Switch to dirct TV that is the easy way to solve your nfl network problems. I have had Direct TV for 5 years now and it is great. I have only lost my signal a couple of times over that 5 year period. It is worth it and you get a lot of extra channels besides NFL network.[/quote]

do dishes still have reception problems when it rains, as they used to?

[quote name='bengaled' post='634081' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM']do dishes still have reception problems when it rains, as they used to?[/quote]

ive only had issues when its a heavy rain or when its really really windy it blew the dish out of position once

[quote name='Rick' post='634066' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:31 PM']I'm messing with you.

:lol:

I do have Time Warner Cable. I would PAY for the NFL Network this year, IF they would offer it. I am guessing a lot of Timer Warner subscribers would do so, too.[/quote]

I know. I was messing back, but in an obscure "English teacher" kind of way. :)

[quote name='bengaled' post='634081' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM']do dishes still have reception problems when it rains, as they used to?[/quote]

It varies. A few years ago, when I lived in Florida, we were having a hurricane, and I did not lose satelite until I lost power. And it very rarely lasts more than a few seconds. In the 3 and a half years I have had satelite, I can count on one hand the number of times I have lost picture for more than 10 seconds.

[quote name='Harley' post='634039' date='Feb 20 2008, 01:35 PM']you now have to pay for it on Comcast Cable too.[/quote]
Has been since August of 2007... conveniently enough Comcast put it on a pay tier about 2-3 weeks prior to the NFL season...

cocksuckers...

did they reduce my monthly package cost since they took it? No, they substituted in Underwater Basket-weaving from Bangladesh...

did I mention, cocksuckers...

I've had worse luck than most here. Sometimes it goes out for a several minutes when it the rain hasn't hit the Earth yet. I also can lose reception during...get this...snow. Not that we've had much (although it's snowing in DC right now).

One thing that made reception more reliable was switching to HD. weird, huh?

Wind is also a problem but that's because the dudes who installed the dish bolted it to 3 concrete blocks laying on my flat roof. they had to come back out after a windstorm several months ago...they now have it bolted to 4 blocks.

[quote name='Rick' post='634066' date='Feb 20 2008, 02:31 PM']I do have Time Warner Cable. I would PAY for the NFL Network this year, IF they would offer it. I am guessing a lot of Timer Warner subscribers would do so, too.[/quote]

Like me. But in order to do so...even if they were to allow you to...you would have to purchase some upgraded package, including their phone and Roadrunner. So...for the NFL Network...I would have to make sure I subscribed to the fucking Food Network...Lifetime...and the Soap Network.

WOW [b]might[/b] be coming to my area (if they can get approval). That would be a start. No guarantees though.

I hate fucking cable...and I really hate Time Warner.

Archived