Sarah Palin lying aboiut the fifth kid?

ChicagoBengal

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='693889' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:54 PM']It amazes me that a two bit internet site reports this and you take it hook, line, and sinker.[/quote]

[b]you'll see in about a week or so ...

Apparently this is almost common knowledge up in Caribou country ... just give the mainstream press a week to catch wind of it. [/b]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='693888' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:54 PM']Do you have a link? All I've heard is that she's a proponent of abstinence only teaching.[/quote]
[url="http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1837523_1837531_1837538,00.html"]http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages...1837538,00.html[/url]
[quote]She is Christian and pro-life, but also a supporter of birth control: she's a member of Feminists For Life (FFL), an anti-abortion, pro-contraception organization.[/quote]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='693870' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:29 PM']In all honesty, Do you feel like Democrats as a whole feel like they are going to have to stoop to this level to win what should be a gimme election?

Has the party really become that pathetic?[/quote]

Yeah, CT already basically pointed this out twice but it didn't seem to sink in, so I'll say it again: this is just random people posting things on the internet. But don't worry - if it turns out to be false, you'll still have a reason to complain if Obama appoints the people who were responsible for posting this to the cushy position of Ambassador to Belgium as a reward (see: Fox, Sam). Now THAT would be some BS, wouldn't it?

And for the record, it's laughable for you to say "this site" is attacking Palin, since there are just as many people in this thread decrying this post as there are people saying it's possible.

Also, will you agree that even if the baby is hers, Palin is quite reckless for giving a speech, flying across the country, and then driving into the sticks to give birth to a premature baby, all after her water had broken?

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='693892' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:57 PM'][b]you'll see in about a week or so ...

Apparently this is almost common knowledge up in Caribou country ... just give the mainstream press a week to catch wind of it. [/b][/quote]
Wow, if you're convinced then it must be true!
:P
Seriously though, if there's any traction to this (I don't think there will be), it's all over but the crying for McCain and company.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='693894' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:59 PM']Yeah, CT already basically pointed this out twice but it didn't seem to sink in, so I'll say it again: this is just random people posting things on the internet. But don't worry - if it turns out to be false, you'll still have a reason to complain if Obama appoints the people who were responsible for posting this to the cushy position of Ambassador to Belgium as a reward (see: Fox, Sam). Now THAT would be some BS, wouldn't it?

And for the record, it's laughable for you to say "this site" is attacking Palin, since there are just as many people in this thread decrying this post as there are people saying it's possible.

Also, will you agree that even if the baby is hers, Palin is quite reckless for giving a speech, flying across the country, and then driving into the sticks to give birth to a premature baby, all after her water had broken?[/quote]

When I said "this site" I meant the web site that was posted at the beginning.

If (and I have not seen where it has been reported) she did all that after her water had broken then yes I think it was very wreckless without knowing her reasoning.

I've already accepted that Obama is the next president of the United States. I'm not trying to convince anyone to pick McCain now because I think that Palin is really the mother. And the thought that Sarah Palin is against birth control came from one website, it was never a claim by Sarah herself.

[url="http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/08/30/worst_pick_ever.html"]http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/08/..._pick_ever.html[/url]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='693923' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:26 AM']I still don't think the powers that be want the Republican Party want to win this election. Assuage the populace with 4 years of "change". ;)[/quote]
Give the man a Kewpie Doll! I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'd suggest that a significant element of this electoral cycle (and other recent non-electoral political matters) has to do with the "older" Establishment trying to reign in and displace the recent "usupers" of policy, especially in the foreign area. Although I'm not so sure that party itself matters, as the "older" grouping tends to have ample representation in both parties.

That said, let me :265: . I'm not going to search the site or anything, but I suspect if I did, I would turn up a few posts pointing out the "inexperience" factor during the last election with regard to John Edwards. Compare and contrast. This is what kills me about many of the "manly" proponents of a "dog eat dog" philosophical outlook. They turn into such crybabies when the tables are turned. If they can't take it, then they shouldn't dish it out. :D

As I've said before, the question isn't so much Palin as much as it is McCain. (Though, if this is true, then Palin deserves the scrutiny.) Back in the days when I did such things, I performed more due diligence in hiring mid-level executives than it appears the McCain camp has done for a person [i]potentially one heartbeat away from running the show.[/i]

Kinda makes you wonder how much deliberation would go into other important policy matters.

From an admittedly biased source (but then again, so is the Daily Kos), but they claim the "baby bump" photo was taken in 2006, long before either one would have been pregnant. Should be pretty easy to verify the publication date with the Anchorage Daily News.

[url="http://townhall.com/blog/g/9b3375c7-6a27-4b5e-9204-b267282a1ce1"]http://townhall.com/blog/g/9b3375c7-6a27-4...04-b267282a1ce1[/url]
[quote]Not only is the DailyKos disgustingly inspecting Bristol's midriff with all the fervor of LA paparazzi examining J-Lo's or Jennifer Aniston's washboard stomachs for evidence of a "bump," the DailyKos is wrong on when the photo was taken. It was taken, and published, by the Anchorage Daily News in 2006. Baby Trig, a child with Down's Syndrome, was born on April 18, 2008. That's a long time for a teen girl to be carrying a "bump" which looks nothing more than the curve of a tight sweater.[/quote]

CatScratch... I was about to post the same article...

Would you fuckin' partisan assholes give this poor girl a break (the daughter)... In this one thread, you have said that she is fat and possibly there is incest involved as to why she had a downsyndrome baby... I swear, you fuckers have no heart... And by fuckers, I am speaking mostly to one fucker... You know who you are...

If this picture is indeed taken when this article says it was, will you even apologize or admit you were wrong?

Taken in 2008... looks pregnant to me:

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/skater314159/palin_preggers_400.jpg[/img]

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you insensitive bastards...

link from THE dailykos: [url="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/31/234157/516/1017/581734"]click here[/url]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Looks like her unwed daughter is Pregnant - [size=3]AGAIN[/size] ... there must be a fire house sale on that cooter. [/b][/color]

[size=3][u][quote]Palin confirms daughter's pregnancy
By Steve Holland
1 September 2008
The Independent[/u][/size]

[b]The Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has announced that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant,[/b] in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Bristol Palin made the decision on her own to keep the baby, McCain aides said.

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins' statement said.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support," the Palins said.

The Palins asked the news media to respect the young couple's privacy.

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media, respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates," the statement concluded.

Senior McCain campaign officials said McCain knew of the daughter's pregnancy when he selected Palin last week as his vice presidential running mate, deciding that it did not disqualify the 44-year-old governor in any way.

In the short period since she was announced last Friday, Palin has helped to energize the Republican Party's conservative base, giving the McCain camp fresh energy going into the campaign for the November 4th election against Democrat Barack Obama.

McCain officials said the news of the daughter's pregnancy was being released to rebut what one aide called "mud-slinging and lies" circulating on liberal blog sites.

According to these rumors, Sarah Palin had faked a pregnancy and pretended to have given birth in May to her fifth child, a son named Trig who has Down syndrome. The rumor was that Trig was actually Bristol Palin's child and that Sarah Palin was the grandmother.

A senior McCain campaign official said the McCain camp was appalled that these rumors had not only been spread around liberal blog sites and partisan Democrats, but also were the subject of heightened interest from mainstream news media.

"The despicable rumors that have been spread by liberal blogs, some even with Barack Obama's name in them, is a real anchor around the Democratic ticket, pulling them down in the mud in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,'" a senior aide said.[/quote]

[url="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/palin-confirms-daughters-pregnancy-915378.html"]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...ncy-915378.html[/url]

Maybe the best evidence for the baby actually being hers is the stupid name they gave it fits in with the rest of the litter. Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and now Trig. Poor kids, especially the young one. Not only does he have Down's, but his name is Trig. That's rock bottom.

The funniest part, other than the explanations ("He was born during track season, so we named him track"), is that Willow is actually a girl!

[img]http://www.architecture7s.co.uk/dodgy%20pics/willow.gif[/img]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='694028' date='Sep 1 2008, 11:41 AM']In other news (and probably how this story got started), [url="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/palins-17-year-old-daughter-pregnant/"]Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant[/url][/quote]

as well as proves the whole story wrong by itself... What ever happened to keeping families out of the campaigns? I can see wives that put themselves into the campaign, but underage children?

[url="http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin.html?showall"]click here[/url]
[i]
[b]Obama on Palin[/b]

Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown reports: At a press avail in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."[/i]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='694071' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:50 PM']as well as proves the whole story wrong by itself... What ever happened to keeping families out of the campaigns? I can see wives that put themselves into the campaign, but underage children?

[url="http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin.html?showall"]click here[/url]
[i]
[b]Obama on Palin[/b]

Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown reports: At a press avail in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama on Palin: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."[/i][/quote]

What are you even talking about???????????

[size=7]NOTHING ABOUT THIS STORY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH EITHER CAMPAIGN, THE DAILY KOS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE SUPPORT FOR HAVING SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT[/size]

This has already been explained [b]THREE TIMES[/b] in this thread.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='694071' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:50 PM']as well as proves the whole story wrong by itself... What ever happened to keeping families out of the campaigns? I can see wives that put themselves into the campaign, but underage children?[/quote]

17 is old enough to be tried as an adult :ninja:

Jokes aside this isnt something I care all that much about, there are much bigger reasons not not like the pick.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='694053' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:18 PM'][size=3][b]Time for a "shotgun wedding" in the White House ...[/size] :dance:

:mellow: never underestimate the stupidity of the American public.[/b][/quote]

Wow, can you even believe this shit? McCain/Palin just had a press conf. at noon to admit her unmarried 17 yr old daughter is preggo!

To think this kind of entertainment is free and we still have about 50 more days to go!

Vegas is now taking bets on weather or not Palin will withdraw her name within the next 30 days.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='694023' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:17 PM']Taken in 2008... looks pregnant to me:

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/skater314159/palin_preggers_400.jpg[/img]

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you insensitive bastards...

link from THE dailykos: [url="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/31/234157/516/1017/581734"]click here[/url][/quote]

This once again proves how internet google junkies will fall for any story written on the internet as long as it helps support what ever side they are on in an argument/debate....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='694104' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:01 PM']This once again proves how internet google junkies will fall for any story written on the internet as long as it helps support what ever side they are on in an argument/debate....[/quote]

it's a pillow

:ninja:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='694104' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:01 PM']This once again proves how internet google junkies will fall for any story written on the internet as long as it helps support what ever side they are on in an argument/debate....[/quote]

As has been pointed out before, BJ is the only one here who acted as if it was fact. The story certainly had a "where there's smoke, there's fire" feel to it, and in the end we see how it came about, her daughter is pregnant. And that only came out because of this bogus story.

Archived