the explain your name thread!

when i first started to chat online i had no real net name for say, but when i one day googled a bengals fan site, this site came up, and didn't have but something like 400 some members, i thought shit..this site looks really cool. one member on here caught my attention, and it was Jasons Sig. i loved that he had Collinsworth in his sig, not many sites back then had sigs and such, so i signed on right away, and thought to myself, what is my name going to be...hmmmm i was going to be thrilla in manilla, but i rememberd Rumble in the Jungle and thought fuck yeah, that is it. it fits the theme of the bengals, so Rumble in the Jungle was boarn baby :headbang:

Mine's a bastardization of the Spanish phrase 'el flaco' which translates the skinny one. The employees at a Roberto's Taco shop here in Las Vegas gave me that nickname after a visit 9 years ago when I consumed 2 of their Carne Asada Burritos in one sitting. Most people have a hard time eating one, and I guess they were impressed as I'm 6', 136 lbs.

I've gained about 10 lbs since then, but still fit the name...

When I started online gaming way back when, my friends and I formed a clan: [DEVO]. We all chose names from Devo songs (Mr. Kamikazi, Mr. DNA, Boojie Boy, Mongoloid). Eventually, my name became less about DEVO, and more about mongo from Blazing Saddles.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='748076' date='Feb 20 2009, 01:56 PM']Mine's a bastardization of the Spanish phrase 'el flaco' which translates the skinny one. The employees at a Roberto's Taco shop here in Las Vegas gave me that nickname after a visit 9 years ago when I consumed 2 of their Carne Asada Burritos in one sitting. Most people have a hard time eating one, and I guess they were impressed as I'm 6', 136 lbs.

I've gained about 10 lbs since then, but still fit the name...[/quote]
I call bullshit. I still think that it is Elf Locko and you just can't spell. You are a huge D&D fan and religiously read LOTR twice a year.

Mine...pretty straight forward...I'm in Montana

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='748101' date='Feb 20 2009, 04:04 PM']I call bullshit. I still think that it is Elf Locko and you just can't spell. You are a huge D&D fan and [b]religiously read LOTR twice a year.[/b]

Mine...pretty straight forward...I'm in Montana[/quote]

Believe it or not, as big a dweeb as I am, I've never once read LOTR, and consider it literary tripe.

And I was never allowed to play D&D because my mother thought it would lead to Satan worship.... :mellow:

I went to a lot of Bengals games in the 1990's. I had a lot of fun, had a big group of guys I used to hang with, etc.

Anyway, we all know how bad they were back then. The were "The Bungles"...and my brother and a few of my friends started calling them "The Bungholios" or "The Bungholes", and since I have an extremely lowbrow sense of humor, I thought it was funny and when I found this site, I never dreamed I'd end up becoming addicted and sticking around, so I came up with the goofy name Bunghole.

I did try to change my name after awhile, thinking it was pretty silly and all, but there was some backlash over that (and GoBengals gave me plenty of hell for it, too) in the end I just stuck with it.

Ah well.

I suppose that may ruin some of your opinions of me, thinking all this time I had an anal fetish.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='748108' date='Feb 20 2009, 04:18 PM']I went to a lot of Bengals games in the 1990's. I had a lot of fun, had a big group of guys I used to hang with, etc.

Anyway, we all know how bad they were back then. The were "The Bengals"...and my brother and a few of my friends started calling them "The Bungholios" or "The Bungholes", and since I have an extremely lowbrow sense of humor, I thought it was funny and when I found this site, I never dreamed I'd end up becoming addicted and sticking around, so I came up with the goofy name Bunghole.

I did try to change my name after awhile, thinking it was pretty silly and all, but there was some backlash over that (and GoBengals gave me plenty of hell for it, too) in the end I just stuck with it.

Ah well.

I suppose that may ruin some of your opinions of me, [b]thinking all this time I had an anal fetish.[/b][/quote]

Nothing says you can't do both... :mellow:

[quote name='schotzee' post='748124' date='Feb 20 2009, 04:44 PM']I love the Reds and Bengals! Schotzee is the coolest name that comes out of those two franchises B) ![/quote]
Wasn't that also the name of one (or more) of Marge Schott's little dogs?

Edit: I just realized that "Schottzie" was a big old St Bernard...not little at all!

Actium was the site of the naval battle between the forces of Octavian on the one side, and Marc Antony and Cleopatra on the other. Octavian and Marc Antony (along with Lepidus) had been members of the Second Triumvirite, which ruled the Roman World. Anyway, after a split the mastery of the realm was decided at Actium. Octavian's forces carried the day, and Marc Antony and Cleopatra eventually killed themselves. Egypt was annexed as a province of Rome, the Senate gave Octavian the honorific "Augustus" by which he is better known, and he went on to rule the territories through the Principate, the system he established that had the appearance of the old Republic but which was in actuality an autocracy.

He is my historical hero, thus my name.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='748128' date='Feb 20 2009, 06:01 PM']Wasn't that also the name of one (or more) of Marge Schott's little dogs?

Edit: I just realized that "Schottzie" was a big old St Bernard...not little at all![/quote]

You got it dude ! :D I didn't even realize I have been spelling it wrong til now. That is if you spelled it right :P

My name comes from the name of my boat I had at the time. It was a cat or some call a tunnel boat hull and was one of the faster boats on the ohio. I named the boat StrayCat after a name I saw on a raceboat in keywest. So I picked it and here I am.....and I do like the Straycats band. ;)

Mine's pretty much self explanatory. There is a little story though. I first started on the NFL sites on a Steelers board. I have no idea how I wound up there, probably from some link, and when I joined I was getting all kinds of shit tossed at me for being a Bengals fan. Fuck, right out of the gate I had a Bengals helmet as my avatar. They loved me. At that time I was going by mullyman. One of the guys there wasn't that bad and he PM'd me and said I may prefer it over here so he gave me the link. I came over and looked around and after seeing so many "Bengals" screen names I thought I should go with one too. There was no doubt that in my mind that it had to be something to do with Fulcher though. I first tried to sign on as FulcherVulcher but that got turned away because it was already being used. I was pissed about that one. I wrote down a bunch of different Fulcher varations and decided to go with Fulcher_33.

As it stands right now, I wish I would have just signed on as MULLY. But, I've used this screen name for so long now that I don't want to change it......and my avatar rules.
MULLY

Archived