the explain your name thread!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='748191' date='Feb 20 2009, 10:28 PM']Mine's pretty much self explanatory. There is a little story though. I first started on the NFL sites on a Steelers board. I have no idea how I wound up there, probably from some link, and when I joined I was getting all kinds of shit tossed at me for being a Bengals fan. Fuck, right out of the gate I had a Bengals helmet as my avatar. They loved me. At that time I was going by mullyman. One of the guys there wasn't that bad and he PM'd me and said I may prefer it over here so he gave me the link. I came over and looked around and after seeing so many "Bengals" screen names I thought I should go with one too. There was no doubt that in my mind that it had to be something to do with Fulcher though. I first tried to sign on as FulcherVulcher but that got turned away because it was already being used. I was pissed about that one. I wrote down a bunch of different Fulcher varations and decided to go with Fulcher_33.

As it stands right now, I wish I would have just signed on as MULLY. But, I've used this screen name for so long now that I don't want to change it......and my avatar rules.
MULLY[/quote]
I hope Ndukwe or White or Crocker can fulfill all our Fulcher wet dreams!

[quote name='schotzee' post='748144' date='Feb 20 2009, 06:18 PM']You got it dude ! :D I didn't even realize I have been spelling it wrong til now. That is if you spelled it right :P[/quote]

Nobody ever reads your name anyway. They are always looking at the hotass picture below it. :)

As for mine, it's pretty obvious. Still when I picked it (I use it at many different sites) I was a big south park fan (still love the show). Well, most places you can't just get the name Cartman so I thought I'd be clever.

See Cartman too! (ccartman2).

Well of course there is quite the resemblence between us in some respects. Funny & fat. :)

nice thread idea..

aside from what youd think would be the obvious..

before my message board joining over at JT's board many years ago, myself and creechnasty were going to bengals games here and away, and in many chats and jokes throughout the travels, we would end sentences and things with "Go Bengals!" and one late trip to or from pittsburgh, after heckling some fans, whom after every one of their heckles we uttered under out breath "go bengals" and found it quite hilarious as it made them angry and they eventually ran out of things to say, it became bigger joke on drive home, and thus when i stumbled upon JT's site i went with GoBengals....

then a few months in i figured id buy a domain name to post some pics from games i went to to share on his site.. and bought go-bengals.com

then i pm'd folks as his was going south, and creechnasty did the same, and thats how this place started..

all because creechnasty and I are hilarious motherfuckers.....

YOUR WELCOME!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='748214' date='Feb 21 2009, 12:37 AM']nice thread idea..

before my message board joining over at JT's board many years ago, myself and creechnasty were going to bengals games here and away, and in many chats and jokes throughout the travels, we would end sentences and things with "Go Bengals!" and one late trip to or from pittsburgh, after heckling some fans, whom after every one of their heckles we uttered under out breath "go bengals" and found it quite hilarious as it made them angry and they eventually ran out of things to say, it became bigger joke on drive home, and thus when i stumbled upon JT's site i went with GoBengals....

then a few months in i figured id buy a domain name to post some pics from games i went to to share on his site.. and bought go-bengals.com

then i pm'd folks as his was going south, and creechnasty did the same, and thats how this place started..

YOUR WELCOME![/quote]

I'm actually more curious as to how the fuck creechnasty came up with his name...

:ninja:

[quote name='Elflocko' post='748218' date='Feb 21 2009, 05:48 AM']I'm actually more curious as to how the fuck creechnasty came up with his name...[/quote]

He found a dead bloke down a creek but unfortunately has Js ability to spell.

:ninja:

In other news, I love Actiums. Could it be more of a polar opposite to Bungs?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='748214' date='Feb 21 2009, 01:37 AM']nice thread idea..

YOUR WELCOME![/quote]

I remember receiving the message... "Come here (link) if you want to live."

I used to have the name Matt_Six... since that was my name and just in case I really pissed someone off on here or somewhere else, I thought I'd change my name.

I changed to Tigris (pronounced Tyg-Riss). As most people know, the suppose starting of life on Earth was in between 4 rivers, most namely the Tigris and Euphrates. Since the Bengals were starting anew (new uniforms, new record *2005) I thought they linked pretty well.

i read this site from day 1 of its making and it took quite a while for me to actually join it. i joined because of black jesus. when i did finally join i was pumped about the drafting of thurman so i created the name ThurmanMunster. A mix of Odell Thurman and Herman Munster from The Munsters. Now it has just stuck and lots of people just call me thurman.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='748114' date='Feb 20 2009, 04:25 PM']It [i]is[/i] an errogenous zone....:hmm:[/quote]
haha.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='748434' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:41 AM']i read this site from day 1 of its making and it took quite a while for me to actually join it. i joined because of black jesus. when i did finally join i was pumped about the drafting of thurman so i created the name ThurmanMunster. A mix of Odell Thurman and Herman Munster from The Munsters. Now it has just stuck and lots of people just call me thurman.

haha.[/quote]

didn't you have another name relating to Brooks for awhile?

[quote name='Elflocko' post='748102' date='Feb 20 2009, 10:11 PM']Believe it or not, as big a dweeb as I am, I've never once read LOTR, and consider it literary tripe.

And I was never allowed to play D&D because my mother thought it would lead to Satan worship.... :mellow:[/quote]

Looks like you dodged a bullet.

Pretty obvious...used to be CJandPW though back when they were supposed to be a sweet tandom...changed in when warrick left, and now ill proabably have to change it again now that Rudi is gone and who knows about chad.

By the way, how sweet would a Chad, TJ, and Warrick combo have been if warrick lived up to his expectations...I think that could have been the best 3 wr combo ever. But unfortunately not.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='748686' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:41 PM']Pretty obvious...used to be CJandPW though back when they were supposed to be a sweet tandom...changed in when warrick left, and now ill proabably have to change it again now that Rudi is gone and who knows about chad.

By the way, how sweet would a Chad, TJ, and Warrick combo have been if warrick lived up to his expectations...I think that could have been the best 3 wr combo ever. But unfortunately not.[/quote]

warrick wasnt the type of player that idiot people had expectations of. he wasnt ever going to be a # 1 WR that carried an offense. he was a guy that u get him the ball and let him do his job. he was a great # 2 in 03. if he ever got to work with palmer he would have put up better #'s than TJ imo. that damn knee injury ruined his career. sucks cuz he ruined it trying to come back too quick to help us try to get in the playoffs. people liked to bash him for his past at FSU but the man was a good guy and all he wanted to do was win.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='748691' date='Feb 23 2009, 12:17 AM']warrick wasnt the type of player that idiot people had expectations of. he wasnt ever going to be a # 1 WR that carried an offense. he was a guy that u get him the ball and let him do his job. he was a great # 2 in 03. if he ever got to work with palmer he would have put up better #'s than TJ imo. that damn knee injury ruined his career. sucks cuz he ruined it trying to come back too quick to help us try to get in the playoffs. people liked to bash him for his past at FSU but the man was a good guy and all he wanted to do was win.[/quote]

Met him a couple of times out here.

Helluva a nice guy. Really down to earth.

Shame he got saddled with the "Savior of the Franchise" tag and then screwed his career with the knee injury...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='748799' date='Feb 23 2009, 01:36 PM']a friend of mine at work lives in Enon. Too bad she's a stealers fan...[/quote]
The wife says we do know her. I coached one of her boys in soccer three or four years ago. Jacob played on my son's basketball team two years ago, I think it was.

I could tell you some stories about Jacob...

Archived