Why do people pretend Favre is any good?

GoBengals

[quote name='sois' date='18 August 2009 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1250611523' post='792477']
Tavaris is a liability.
Favre even at age 40 is better than Tavaris in his prime.
[/quote]

I don't think he's (Tavaris) a great passer, but he never seemed to be gawd awful. He would have been good enough to run a creative Option/Wildcat type offense and be able to pass out of it. He was a better passer on the run anyway if I recall.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090818/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vikings_favre

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lkajdfsakjffffffffffffioregjjjjnawripgnaer'ig
asfpgiknaweo['gnawo['gniaeo['rign
aoirgnoearignoergneognaeo;rgn :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :2dedhorse:

FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

ESPN is collectively pissing themselves with glee right now. Between Favre and Vick, so much for watching NFL Live or any ESPN program, for that matter. Football, baseball, rodeo......

The Good News: What's the over/under on the number of times the Bengals pick off Favre this season?

[quote name='sois' date='18 August 2009 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1250611523' post='792477']
Tavaris is a liability.
[/quote]

I think Tavaris knows the limits of his abilities though and would be willing to accept letting Peterson carry the team.

Favre has too much of an ego and will try to force a lot of passes because he wants to be the star/hero. This will result in a lot of int's.

[quote name='Hooky' date='18 August 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1250614725' post='792490']The Good News: What's the over/under on the number of times the Bengals pick off Favre this season?[/quote]Last time it was five, not counting that drunk idiot that ran onto the field in the 4th quarter.

This time, I'm thinking we'll get two, but the over/under should probably be 2.5. Agree?

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' date='18 August 2009 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1250618539' post='792504']
Last time it was five, not counting that drunk idiot that ran onto the field in the 4th quarter.

This time, I'm thinking we'll get two, but the over/under should probably be 2.5. Agree?
[/quote]

@ Min 1.5
@ Cin 2.5

Where is the game BTW?

Rant...
Fucks sake. NFL.com have "He's Back!" as the headline. My thoughts were "Wow the greatest ever, Barry Sanders? Oh Walter Payton? Hmmm maybe you mean Bo Jackson? The late Reggie White? Dan Marino? Joe Montana?

No?

Hmm I'm struggling to think whos return could justify such a hyperbolic response....

Brett Favre? The all-time most intercepted QB? Yeah that's worth it."
/rant

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to like Favre. Now I wish he'd just die, preferably being found dead full of heroin and lying on a 10 year old boy so no-one actually laments his death.

Mind you that's what happened to Jacko and look how that turned out.

[quote name='sois' date='18 August 2009 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1250611523' post='792477']
Tavaris is a liability.
[/quote]

you might want to retract that because it is completely idiotic. go watch some games from last year that tjax played in. he is going to be good and is a perfect fit on that team. he gets another year to grow with favre there.

[quote name='VonBlade' date='18 August 2009 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1250629817' post='792550']
Rant...
Fucks sake. NFL.com have "He's Back!" as the headline. My thoughts were "Wow the greatest ever, Barry Sanders? Oh Walter Payton? Hmmm maybe you mean Bo Jackson? The late Reggie White? Dan Marino? Joe Montana?

No?

Hmm I'm struggling to think whos return could justify such a hyperbolic response....

Brett Favre? The all-time most intercepted QB? Yeah that's worth it."
/rant

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to like Favre. Now I wish he'd just die, preferably being found dead full of heroin and lying on a 10 year old boy so no-one actually laments his death.

Mind you that's what happened to Jacko and look how that turned out.
[/quote]

the most intercepted lol who also has 65000+ yards and 464 TDs. damn he isnt a legend!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='18 August 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1250631356' post='792560']
the most intercepted lol who also has 65000+ yards and 464 TDs. damn he isnt a legend!
[/quote]

whos finished in the top 20 rated QB's like 1 or 2 times in the last 6 years... big fucking deal...

same reason jerry rice was MAYBE gonna make #3 WR in denver before retiring..

And God forbid that ESPN finds out that anybody implies that the signing was a bad move like Tarkenton, who called it a circus. I heard an ESPN guy report this and shot back in a smarmy manner that Vike fans don't think so since they bought 3,000 tickets within a day. Yeah, for the circus. All of the tickets were probably for the Green Bay game.

But back to the original post of this thread, I can't figure out why ESPN is so far up Favre's ass. It's enough to make a big deal about the signing, but it's like ESPN works for Favre, it's like NBC and Obama.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived