It's time - new name for this forum

BengalBacker

Been a tough week. We've all been a little snarky on suggesting potential names, but maybe it's time to just do it. Something simple. We all want a better world.

This touched me and reminds me yet again that redemption, hope and love comes in many guises. Sad, but worth a view:

[url="http://vimeo.com/8191217"]Last Minutes With Oden.[/url]

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='19 December 2009 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1261242381' post='844740']
Been a tough week. We've all been a little snarky on suggesting potential names, but maybe it's time to just do it. Something simple. We all want a better world.

This touched me and reminds me yet again that redemption, hope and love comes in many guises. Sad, but worth a view:

[url="http://vimeo.com/8191217"]Last Minutes With Oden.[/url]
[/quote]
Jesus. I wish that was fleshed out a little more. Why did Oden lose a leg? What was the owner's story? What was wrong with Oden that he had to be put down?

Damn, that had me bawling.

No words... he was more brave than I. I had to put my dog down a couple of years ago... took her to the vet because she was very sick (and old). I didn't know if I should stay for the euthanasia, but I was broken... vet thought it was best if I left and let them do it after I was gone (based on the way I was reacting I guess). Three years later, and I still miss that dog like it was yesterday, and not staying is one of my biggest regrets.

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/scampo/2005ThanksgivingChristmas079.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Cat' date='19 December 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1261264818' post='844847']
No words... he was more brave than I. I had to put my dog down a couple of years ago... took her to the vet because she was very sick (and old). I didn't know if I should stay for the euthanasia, but I was broken... vet thought it was best if I left and let them do it after I was gone (based on the way I was reacting I guess). Three years later, and I still miss that dog like it was yesterday, and not staying is one of my biggest regrets.

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/scampo/2005ThanksgivingChristmas079.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
Yeah. I didn't even get to bury the boxer dog Riley in my avatar. He was pretty damn ill though. And only a year old when he ran off and presumably died. His epilepsy was really, really bad, and not something we were really prepared to deal with. When a 90lb ball of muscle shits and pisses all over your house during convulsions over and over, its time to go. We still have faint stains in our carpet from him that we cannot get out, God bless his heart. He was such a good dog, he was supposed to be the dog my sons grew up with. Dammit.

I don't want to think about him anymore. Its too painful. I hate being helpless.

[quote name='Cat' date='19 December 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1261264818' post='844847']
[/quote]

I can't watch it. I just had to put my dog down in November. Had her since I was 10 years old (I'm now 27). I stayed, held her face, and looked into her eyes as she died and it fucking killed me. Me staying probably made things a bit harder on me as far as coping with it afterwards but I hope having me there was some comfort for her. It's been a horrible year.

Archived