Dear Carson Palmer, Thank You.

Dear Board Owner (GO), before you get upset with another thread about Carson, this one is different. In my opinion, Carson has been good to the organization and has handled himself with class. Regardless of a recent bad season, he has brought joy to all of us over the years. So, I invite everyone to post a thank you as a send off for him. [b]Positive posts only, otherwise keep the negativity elsewhere.[/b]

Once complete, we can post the link in a variety of places to inform Carson, his teammates, the organization, and the public that he was appreciated and not all of us condoned the booing, trash on his lawn, or harassing his family. Show that you're better than that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Carson,

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work as a Cincinnati Bengal. You have been one of my favorites as I have been a fan of the team since the mid '70s. Unlike many of today's pro athletes, you have always handled yourself with class - this hasn't gone unnoticed and as a fan, it is much appreciated.

As for wanting a trade, I completely understand your position and fully support you. There is no debate that you have certainly paid your dues and have been a good soldier through many bad times. I can imagine that with all the success you've had prior to your pro career, the constant losing, the turmoil and no sign of better days ahead, must be extremely difficult as you try to duplicate previous successes at the professional level.

I believe you did not arrive at this decision quickly nor easily. As fans, we may never know the real story but we can assume the difficulties you are having with the Bengals organization. I applaud your pride, desire and recent actions to seek a better environment conducive to achieving your professional football goals. Once again, handling this with civility and class.

While I will be extremely bummed to no longer watch you as the Bengals' QB, I would rather you be happy with an opportunity for success elsewhere before your career is over. You've earned the right.

Best of luck and thank you.

Harley

Dear Carson-

I understand your frustration, I really do. But you have let Chad, and this past season, T.O., dictate the offense to you. You need to exhibit a stronger leadership for this team. You are paid a bazillion dollars to do so to play a kid's game. I'm sorry some douchebag fans threw trash on your lawn. That was stupid and uncalled for. You have always been a company yes man and said all the right things, assuming blame even when it wasn't yours. Please start assigning blame to those that deserve it, and take some accountability for yourself. You have not exactly played great the last few years, and we fans would like to see lingering questions about your health and ability put to rest. Also, please secure the ball better. You're a fumbler.

The way this team is structured it needs a strong leader at the QB position and if you feel you cannot do that, then by all means quit. I'm not sure you're that guy either, and neither are a lot of fans. We'd like to see some passion from our leaders and maybe your "Southern California Cool" style is better suited elsewhere.

That said, I hope you return because I think you are a good QB and you deserve better personnel around you (and because as a pure pocket passer, frankly, you [i]need[/i] it) and I wish you and your family all the best.

Signed,

Frustrated Bengals Fan.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1296184439' post='966284']
Dear Carson-

I understand your frustration, I really do. But you have let Chad, and this past season, T.O., dictate the offense to you. You need to exhibit a stronger leadership for this team. You are paid a bazillion dollars to do so to play a kid's game. I'm sorry some douchebag fans threw trash on your lawn. That was stupid and uncalled for. You have always been a company yes man and said all the right things, assuming blame even when it wasn't yours. Please start assigning blame to those that deserve it, and take some accountability for yourself. You have not exactly played great the last few years, and we fans would like to see lingering questions about your health and ability put to rest. Also, please secure the ball better. You're a fumbler.

The way this team is structured it needs a strong leader at the QB position and if you feel you cannot do that, then by all means quit. I'm not sure you're that guy either, and neither are a lot of fans. We'd like to see some passion from our leaders and maybe your "Southern California Cool" style is better suited elsewhere.

That said, I hope you return because I think you are a good QB and you deserve better personnel around you (and because as a pure pocket passer, frankly, you [i]need[/i] it) and I wish you and your family all the best.

Signed,

Frustrated Bengals Fan.
[/quote]

no matter how much of a leader you have a QB.. it takes 11 players to be successful, carson didnt let anyone dictate shit, he can only control himself, this whole hitting the guys calm demeanor is horseshit, and it seems to come from the same crowd who doesnt give a fuck about the players or coaches as long as they are a loud yelling assholes they are apparently better.. some macho nonsense about being a loudass makes you good in the nfl... its nonsense..pure nonsense..

numerous players have stated how much they appreciate the calm relaxed leadership of carson, matt ryan, fucco flacco, big faggy ben isnt yelling at anyone...

its fucking bullshit.

he isnt a pure pocket passer, he isnt michael vick, but we ran a bunch of plays of him running out of the pocket in ;09 and some in '10 as well.

IMO this response is a complete mess and couldnt be further from reality. its just ridiculous.... i can understand being frustrated, i can understand being mad.. i can understand just wanting change to get change.. but phillip rivers loud dumbfuck ass is sitting at home too, at the hand of carson with nothing to play for and everything on the line for rivers...

too many fans make up realities and run with them... its extremely frustrating to watch a grown man say a damn good nfl qb needs to leave because his "california cool" is better suited elsewhere?

jesus fucking christ..

bengals fans have short memories.. the QB's before carson were: kitna (who fucking blows), blake, klingler, fitzpatrick, akili smith, neil odonnel, boomer(who i think carson broke some records of recently..and was booed for.

the bitter angry scorned fan routine is juvinille, he wants to leave so FUCK HIM HE WASNT THAT GREAT ANYWAY!!!1111

get real, there about 20 nfl teams who have a worse QB than we do currently....

fans need to wake up and stop being so scorned and butt hurt about it...

"california cool style"

god damn....... GOD DAMN....

a grown adult is in fact bitching about a pro athletes "california cool style"

unbelievable....

it REALLY REALLY is amazing...

its either a short memory or just flat out not paying attention.......

and yea.. its pretty likely carson is staying here... we are fucked if he doesnt.. there are NO good FA QB's, and there are no mega star carson palmers in the draft...

for the first and only time in 2 decades the bengals snagged a franchise QB.... and people act like this..

maybe youd like to heckle his family too, or throw trash in his lawn.. thatl show that california cool douschebag how it is in the midwest... FUCK PEOPLE WHO ARENT ANGRY ASS REDNECKS!!!

ridiculous..

no offense or anything...

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1296184439' post='966284']
Dear Carson-

The way this team is structured it needs a strong leader at the QB position and if you feel you cannot do that, then by all means quit. [s] I'm not sure you're that guy either, and neither are a lot of fans. We'd like to see some passion from our leaders and maybe your "Southern California Cool" style is better suited elsewhere. [/s]

That said, [s]I hope you return because I think you are a good QB and you deserve better personnel around you (and because as a pure pocket passer, frankly, you [i]need[/i] it) and [/s]I wish you and your family all the best.

Signed,

Frustrated Bengals Fan.
[/quote]

I like this letter most so far.

Dear Carson,

I was a nice try but it ain't gonna work. Time to bite your lip and get ready for next season.

Hopefully, you won't have the drama queen and his sidekick here next season to annoy you. Instead, it looks like you will have some hungry fresh studs who will be at OTAs looking for a leader to feed them the ball. With our crappy schedule next year I think you should reconsider your desire to leave and give it one more shot.

PS. I wouldn't let a few drunk idiots booing you bother you. If you had been in Cleveland you would have been dodging beer bottles, batteries and dog bones.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1296185511' post='966287']
no matter how much of a leader you have a QB.. it takes 11 players to be successful, carson didnt let anyone dictate shit, he can only control himself, this whole hitting the guys calm demeanor is horseshit, and it seems to come from the same crowd who doesnt give a fuck about the players or coaches as long as they are a loud yelling assholes they are apparently better.. some macho nonsense about being a loudass makes you good in the nfl... its nonsense..pure nonsense..

numerous players have stated how much they appreciate the calm relaxed leadership of carson, matt ryan, fucco flacco, big faggy ben isnt yelling at anyone...

its fucking bullshit.

he isnt a pure pocket passer, he isnt michael vick, but we ran a bunch of plays of him running out of the pocket in ;09 and some in '10 as well.

IMO this response is a complete mess and couldnt be further from reality. its just ridiculous.... i can understand being frustrated, i can understand being mad.. i can understand just wanting change to get change.. but phillip rivers loud dumbfuck ass is sitting at home too, at the hand of carson with nothing to play for and everything on the line for rivers...

too many fans make up realities and run with them... its extremely frustrating to watch a grown man say a damn good nfl qb needs to leave because his "california cool" is better suited elsewhere?

jesus fucking christ..

bengals fans have short memories.. the QB's before carson were: kitna (who fucking blows), blake, klingler, fitzpatrick, akili smith, neil odonnel, boomer(who i think carson broke some records of recently..and was booed for.

the bitter angry scorned fan routine is juvinille, he wants to leave so FUCK HIM HE WASNT THAT GREAT ANYWAY!!!1111

"california cool style"

unbelievable....

and yea.. its pretty likely carson is staying here... we are fucked if he doesnt.. there are NO good FA QB's, and there are no mega star carson palmers in the draft...

for the first and only time in 2 decades the bengals snagged a franchise QB.... and people act like this..

maybe youd like to heckle his family too, or throw trash in his lawn.. thatl show that california cool douschebag how it is in the midwest... FUCK PEOPLE WHO ARENT ANGRY ASS REDNECKS!!!

ridiculous..

[/quote]

I am not bitter nor angry.

Carson IS a pure pocket passer. He's not only not Michael Vick, he's not even Aaron Rodgers. Have you checked Carson's fumble stats lately? They are [i]horrible[/i]. Dude has terrible pocket awareness and coughs the ball up a LOT when hit. Many teams with good QB's play well enough in spite of offensive line play (jeez, look at the Superbowl teams) and Carson just isn't the kind of QB that can play well in spite of a bad line. It is what is it is. There really isn't any denying that. Dude is more like Drew Bledsoe than we want to believe.

I agree it takes 11 players to be successful...11 players on a [i]team[/i], on the same page, working together. This past season we clearly did not have that. Clearly. Do you really want to argue that? Running wrong routes, being attention divas...all that, and did Carson even ONCE step up and say "HEY! Shut the fuck up and play football, bitches, this is MY team and if you don't like it, fuck off!"? Maybe he did and does and it just isn't in the media...the "California Cool" comment is related to his constant company "yes man" position he takes after every loss, assuming more blame than he should yet assuming none of the blame he should. Its a perfect cover.

I'm not making anything up...you are. We didn't have "a bunch of plays designed" for Carson to run out of in 2009...he showed more wheels last season than he ever has. It was frankly amazing. But those were broken plays.

I never said he "had to leave" either. Nor do I have a short memory.

Nor are there 20 teams in the NFL with "worse QB's than Carson".

And as for the rest of your post suggesting that maybe I'd like to heckle his family or throw trash on his lawn, I'd just say that your unrealistic opinion of people from the Cincinnati area is unjustly founded.

I can't believe that because I question Carson's leadership style that you'd throw that comment in there, honestly. Its not like I hate the guy or anything, nor do I want to heckle him or anything else.

Please remember that expressing your opinions on the internet are not the same as doing douchebag things in real life. Damn Ryan, you must have a really low opinion of me or something.

Dear Carson,

I like when we are good. You made us good for a few seasons. Especially in 2005 and you probably would have ended Jerome Bettis' career. Thanks for making us good. When we are good I smile a lot more than I frown. Just thought you should know that.

Sincerely,
JC

Dear Carson,
As a fan who often feels like they wish they were a fan of another team, and didn't have to put up with the nonsense of the Bengals, it makes me feel better to know that at least i'm not the only one in this situation who can't be seperated from the this team. While it's not really your fault, I'm glad someone else who is a part of the losing is also stuck in the position that we're in. While you may not be loyal to this team for the same reasons, you still aren't going anywhere, so ha ha. You're here to stay, just like all of us, no matter how much we'd like to be able to, we can't find it within ourselves to leave, no matter how much we're tortured by this organization, and maybe now you can understand how we feel. I'm not going to be delusional and feed you false hope ever year like you do us. I'd prefer to just be straightforward, and rather than getting your hopes up, just tell you the truth. Mike Brown is like dealing with the joker, "Do I look like a man with a plan?" He doesn't care how many draft picks he's offered, because you're under contract, and want to be traded, and guess what, just as sure as you guys will have excessive penalties, terrible clock management, and bad play calling next year, you will be the man under center to be the leader of the circus. I would say thanks, but i'll wait until you're not a Bengal anymore, which will be at the end of your 4 year contract that you signed.

Sincerely,
mroby85

Dear Carson,

Thanks for standing up to Mike Brown. As Einstein said the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". Bringing back Marvin Lewis and Bob Bratkowski truly IS insanity. I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up. If you do stick to your guns you have a great future in politics as a man of principle.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1296187549' post='966297']
Dear Carson,

I was a nice try but it ain't gonna work. Time to bite your lip and get ready for next season.

Hopefully, you won't have the drama queen and his sidekick here next season to annoy you. Instead, it looks like you will have some hungry fresh studs who will be at OTAs looking for a leader to feed them the ball. With our crappy schedule next year I think you should reconsider your desire to leave and give it one more shot.

PS. I wouldn't let a few drunk idiots booing you bother you. If you had been in Cleveland you would have been dodging beer bottles, batteries and dog bones.
[/quote]

Carson,

I was going to write one, but this one pretty much sums it up for me.....

Flu

Dear Carson,

Stay quiet and let this blow over. You are not going anywhere. Honor your contract, come into camp in the best shape of your life with a chip on your shoulder, and reclaim your status as a top10 qb in the league.

The grass may look greener elsewhere, but odds are that a trade would land you in another mess of an organization. The good teams already have QBs.

Bite your lip on this one...play angry in 2011, this teqm needs it.

Dear Carson,

Did you like the movie Inception? I watched it last night and thought the plot had a lot of holes. The ending kind of confused me too. I did think the girl from Juno looked kinda hot in it though. Leo has came a long way too, remember when he was on Growing Pains as Luke? I thought he was pretty cool, just like I think you are pretty cool. Tom Brady is married to Leo's ex, that is pretty cool, huh. Do you like Tom's hair? I like your hair better. <3

Your friend,

TheBeaverHunter

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1296185511' post='966287']

its fucking bullshit.

jesus fucking christ..

"california cool style"

unbelievable....

ridiculous..

[/quote]

I am not trying to bash, point fingers or anything else. I think Carson is our best option for next year.

But, how can Carson be a franchise QB with zero playoff wins in 8 years? I cannot name one other franchise QB in the NFL that did not win at least one playoff game in his first 8 years.

[quote name='Jungle1' timestamp='1296220994' post='966333']
I am not trying to bash, point fingers or anything else. I think Carson is our best option for next year.

But, how can Carson be a franchise QB with zero playoff wins in 8 years? I cannot name one other franchise QB in the NFL that did not win at least one playoff game in his first 8 years.
[/quote]

very true point. Though, this offseason more than any other has driven home the fact that the Bengals aren't your typical franchise.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1296182114' post='966272']
[b]Positive posts only, otherwise keep the negativity elsewhere.[/b]
[/quote]

I respect your wishes and will not be negative.

Thank you. I am your biggest fan and certainly understand the trade situation and agree totally with everything said. Good luck in Seattle.

Signed,
Pete Carroll

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1296221487' post='966334']
very true point. Though, this offseason more than any other has driven home the fact that the Bengals aren't your typical franchise.
[/quote]

I agree the Bengals are not typical. Everyone used to complain about Arizona and their ownership also, but they found a way to almost win the Superbowl a couple years back. I know they have crashed again since Warner left----but they did have a very good team for a few years. We have a "franchise QB" and cannot be consistent year to year....

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1296219602' post='966329']
Dear Carson,

Did you like the movie Inception? I watched it last night and thought the plot had a lot of holes. The ending kind of confused me too. I did think the girl from Juno looked kinda hot in it though. Leo has came a long way too, remember when he was on Growing Pains as Luke? I thought he was pretty cool, just like I think you are pretty cool. Tom Brady is married to Leo's ex, that is pretty cool, huh. Do you like Tom's hair? I like your hair better. <3

Your friend,

TheBeaverHunter
[/quote]

awesome

hahahaha

For those of you who put aside your disdain for the Bengals organization, as well as any shortcomings you see in Carson, and attempted to write something positive, thank you for following directions.

For the losers who couldn't help themselves but to be negative, not follow directions and couldn't simply leave this one thread alone... ah never mind.

Go, please delete this entire thread. Looking back, the idea of one positive thread is as much a fantasy as Santa. It didn't have to be.

Archived