Mort Report: Bengals fire OC Bob Bratkowski

[img]http://diaryofanangryfatwoman.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/animated_elaine.gif?w=190&h=294[/img]
[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1296502775' post='966899']
This is the best news I've received regarding the Bengals in the last 5 years!!!! Hell yes!!! Fuck brat and Francisco
[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1296501278' post='966879']
all OC's are overrated or over-hated. get good palyers, you look good as an OC, mike martz looked terrible when the rams had shitty players, he looked like a fool when the bears couldnt bock a damn thing early int he year, no OC is going to come work magic with the same players, we need to focus on getting better around palmer and getting better int he run game blocking....
[/quote]

I don't believe that for a second. Yes, you need good ingredients to make excellent food. It doesn't mean any jackass can make excellent food with good ingredients though, or that a good cook can't make something great only with what is in my cupboard. There's no way Zimmer had the 4th best collection of talent in 2009 or that Brat had the 20th best collection of talent in 2010.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1296503313' post='966911']
Last Monday I got some of the worst news a person can get.

This Monday I got the best news a Bengals fan could hope for.

Emtional rollercoaster, I tell ya.
I hope the coaster stops on top of the hill.
No more dips and valleys.
[/quote]

A roller coaster with no valleys sounds crappy.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1296503353' post='966912']
A roller coaster with no valleys sounds crappy.
[/quote]

The rollercoaster I have been riding for years had nothing but valleys.
Now that is a crappy rollercoaster.

I just want it to stay at the top for a long while and let me catch my breath.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1296500232' post='966863']
I wonder if whomever was feeding him his info changed things up to not get caught and in trouble.
[/quote]

His posts on the bengals.com forums make it sound like he was given the wrong info so they could figure out who was leaking it.

Sometimes you call a shovel pass on 3rd & 9 because a turnover is the worst possible outcome. It's about as low-risk as it gets in a situation where field position or a FG is more important than a first down. Martz's failures in St. L were also more a lack of will, playing for OT at home & crap like that.

Either way, dude's gone, it's something that had to happen. Maybe he got jobbed by public perception but I don't think so.

Now what? They blew it with Childress from the sound of things. Zampese?

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' timestamp='1296503755' post='966917']
Total bitch move locking the other thread. Shows a total lack of respect for the people who post here when you rub something in their faces and then when it comes back on you, you lock the thread.
[/quote]

Dude banned me for 3 weeks for arguing with him, i just don't bother to talk to him anymore.

[quote][size="5"][b]Who do you want as next OC?[/b][/size]

January 31st, 2011 | Bengals

Funny how fast news travels, one Chris Mortensen tweet and now we are already making plans for the next OC. Pretty funny. Anyway, who would you want as the next OC? If it comes from in house, I say the darkhorse is Bengals WR coach Mike Sheppard. Since the Bengals are trying to re-recruit Carson Palmer, I’m kinda slow on the Ken Zampese to OC move. I think he’s a good coach, very detailed, but unless Carson personally asked for him to be the next OC, I don’t see it. He has been Carson’s QB coach since he was drafted, and Carson demanded a trade with him on staff. Mike Sheppard has been primarily been working with the WRs since Hue Jackson left after the 2006 season, so Carson is less familiar with him, which may help. And Marvin and Mike Sheppard worked together in [color="#FF0000"][url="http://www.bengals.com/team/coaches/Sheppard_Mike/ec6ef468-72ea-49d0-99b9-3d7bc7d9d632"]college and in the NFL[/url][/color] before he came to Cincy. I think there will be plenty of options for the Bengals. Marvin’s job appears safe in Cincy for years to come, so he would have no problem getting a hot assistant from a good team, good offense, to jump ship and come work for the Bengals.[/quote]

http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/01/31/who-do-you-want-as-next-oc/

Archived