Some answers from Carson - House for sale

This just became serious.

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/sports/football/bengals/carson-palmer%27s-house-going-up-for-sale_6067701

[quote]Carson Palmer's house going up for sale

CINCINNATI - Many times disgruntled sports fans start rumors that an unpopular player's house is up for sale, as if to give fellow malcontents hope things will change if the right buyer comes along.

Then there's the case of Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer who tells friends the organization doesn't believe he's serious about wanting to play elsewhere. Maybe now they will attach more significance to his request.

Channel 9 Sports has learned that Palmer is about to list his Indian Hill home for sale. A local Comey-Shepherd representative confirmed that preparations are being made to put Palmer's residence on the market, hopefully by March.

"He's not coming back", according to a real estate agent who talked Wednesday morning with the disenchanted Bengals quarterback.

That is the same theme echoed by another associate of Palmer, who says that unless he is released by the Bengals so as to play somewhere else, he is prepared to retire.

Palmer asked for the trade following the season that saw the team finish with a 4-12 record. Cincinnati has only had two winning records the past 20 seasons.

Bengals owner Mike Brown has gone on record that he will not trade the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Jay Gruden took over as offensive coordinator this week but said he would not talk to Palmer until Brown and head coach Marvin Lewis resolve the situation.

There is always the chance Palmer could have a change of heart. But one way or another, he'll have a change of address.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297272639' post='969291']
that happens all the time in trade demands. Doesn't mean much until he actually sells it.
[/quote]
True, however Carson Palmer is a different story I fear.

Always supportive of the team, accepting all responsibility for everyone's mistakes, a "team first, me last" personality...

This shit is for real, whether we like it or not.

He's done in Cincinnati.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1297272940' post='969292']

Always supportive of the team, accepting all responsibility for everyone's mistakes, a "team first, me last" personality...

He's done in Cincinnati.
[/quote]

'eh no one's TRULY done. He's done if certain things don't happen. What they are? We don't know. However, I've seen no indication that they've hit the point of no return.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1297272091' post='969287']
This just became serious.

[url="http://www.kypost.com/dpps/sports/football/bengals/carson-palmer%27s-house-going-up-for-sale_6067701"]http://www.kypost.co...or-sale_6067701[/url]

[/quote]

Damn, now Jordan will have to find a new place to live...

Oh that's right--he's a free agent and probably won't be coming back either.

Good luck, Carson--if you think ANY other team will want you with your 11 million dollar salary, you're out of your mind.

Enjoy your retirement. Maybe you can follow in Pollock's footsteps and become a color man for USC football games.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1297273840' post='969298']
Not sure what else management and fans need to see that convinces them that Carson meant what he said. I personally wish him luck elsewhere.
[/quote]

That doesn't mean anything. How many pro athletes don't have a house in the city where they play. I'm sure none of the Pittsburgh athletes want to live there.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1297258926' post='969234']
Sure you can, the dude rushed for over a thousand yards his rookie season after hardly playing like the first 4 or 5 games, in a shorter season too. The man was a fucking beast and he would have continued doing the same thing had he not gotten injured. He deserves his spot in the Bengals history books as much as anyone else.
MULLY
[/quote]

Certainly as much as Greg Cook, another Bengals "might have been"

You see the "house for sale" angle so much it's hard to put any faith in it.

You can't hold on to Carson Palmer's once greatness or future potential. Yes, he could come back and reestablish himself as a top QB. Right now he's been a low 80 rated passer, didn't perform so hot in the most recent playoff game and contributed to a bunch of negative plays out of his position just last season.

I don't understand the Brown family holding him hostage. If Mike is so confident in his scouting a low 80 passer should not be that hard to find. Thank him for service, get what you can and move on. Palmer is not a once in a lifetime player.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297277007' post='969315']

You can't hold on to Carson Palmer's once greatness or future potential. Yes, he could come back and reestablish himself as a top QB. Right now he's been a low 80 rated passer, didn't perform so hot in the most recent playoff game and contributed to a bunch of negative plays out of his position just last season.

[b]I don't understand the Brown family holding him hostage. If Mike is so confident in his scouting a low 80 passer should not be that hard to find. Thank him for service, get what you can and move on. Palmer is not a once in a lifetime player.[/b]
[/quote]

I never get this argument. Its not about who the player is, its about opening the flood gates and setting a precedent once you do it once.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1297272940' post='969292']

He's done in Cincinnati.
[/quote]

Build an invincible defense and our QB won't matter.

For instance, ...Big Jen on most of the other NFL teams would suck.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297277007' post='969315']

I don't understand the Brown family holding him hostage. If Mike is so confident in his scouting a low 80 passer should not be that hard to find. Thank him for service, get what you can and move on. Palmer is not a once in a lifetime player.
[/quote]

yeah yeah yeah, none of that is on anyone other than Carson

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1297278821' post='969330']
Okay, maybe after he sells the house, gets his kids enrolled in a CA school, and isn't in uniform in September then people will believe him.
[/quote]

keep in mind that neither Carson, his agent, nor the Bengals have mentioned the word retirement up.

Further, there's conflicting reports on whether that threat has even been made.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1297278821' post='969330']
Okay, maybe after he sells the house, gets his kids enrolled in a CA school, and isn't in uniform in September then people will believe him.
[/quote]

Then I will believe he no longer had any stomach for the game, and was done with it. In that case, I'm fine with it. Happens all the time in sports.

But until he drops the Steve Carlton silence, and speaks plainly, I will just assume we'll see him at Georgetown in July.

Archived