So why SHOULDNT i start smoking weed?

GoBengals

After being here a year and seeing how things are, There arent a ton of reasons not to smoke weed occasionally..

The quality is amazing, its essentially legal (a license is $80 at the most, sometimes free if growers are offerig to pay for it, etc) its legal locally, only a fed will get you in any trouble.

Its cheap, oz is $117, mix and match whatever strands you want oz for $175-250, "two free joints for first time customers" its like any other business, the competition brings the quality way up and the prices way down...the shops have customer appreciation days with cookouts and freebees and giveaways...there are 87 shops that sell marijuana within 20 miles of my house..

I am not trying to become a super stoner, but once a week or month would be a nice change...

the ONLY setback i can relaly see is if i had to take a piss test for work, which they dont do random testing... soooo..

someone has to report you being high AT WORK, and it be suspected by a second person, brought to manager, sent through human resources, and then they can random test you... i am not stupid enough to do it at work.. and 20% of my co workers are... so the risk is minimal... and the health risks are minimal as well, safer than cigs or drinking quite honestly...

opinions and input welcome..

i smoked for years as a youngster, havent in about 9 years...

grabbing an ounce is like picking up a six pack here...

That shit should be legal anyway. <--- Says guy who hasn't smoked it in nearly 2 decades with the exception of one indiscretion at a party after he drank an entire 750 ML bottle of Tequila.

If your company doesn't test unless you toke up at work and you truly only do it 4 times a month, then fuck it; go ahead and do it.

The only caveat would be your spouse and the potential for marital strife if you do. Then and only then I would seriously reconsider...

I dont smoke personally, but a couple of my friends own the largest growing operation/dispensary in Colorado. A few months ago they were telling me of the extreme upward strend of new smokers, with the decriminalization/licensing. Pretty soon, it will be more like getting a 6 pack, and not so taboo (not ease of aquisition, I mean the acceptance of the general public)... from what they say its pretty close already.

With the children thing, personally I wouldnt do it front of them, anymore than I would personally ever (never) want my future kids to see me drunk. However, when they are teens, if you are still living in CO (or any host of states by that time) weed will be no less normal than cigarettes or beer to them.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1309188295' post='998758']
Does anyone here actually think Go would be silly enough to actually smoke [b]in front[/b] of his young kids?
[/quote]

to be honest, I think the fact that this thread even exists is kind of silly.

as for the kids issue, no one's implying he'd do it in front of them. Still, speaking as someone like Go who has young kids, its tough to get away from them for too long. Even after they've gone to bed they may pop in on you.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1309188295' post='998758']
Does anyone here actually think Go would be silly enough to actually smoke [b]in front[/b] of his young kids?
[/quote]

No of course not but kids know when something isnt quite right either.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1309190955' post='998769']
I got nothing. Smoke up.

As for the people saying he has kids. Well, would you say the same thing about him drinking occasionally?
[/quote]

Same thing. Dont do that shit in front of kids, or at least not kids not old enough to understand, and when you do do it make sure the effects are long but worn off so as for them not to see it then either.

yea i wouldnt be doing this anywhere near my children, and wouldnt do it at all if i were the only one around my children that day/night...etc...

Just as i wouldnt drink around them, etc...

if i am the only care taker of my children at the time, i wouldnt do anything, i didnt even take muscle relaxers for my back when i was home alone with them, id rather be in excruciating pain than foggy and out of my mind in case something happened. pretty oten the wife has the kids out and about or the nanny has them for part of a day and i have nothing to do or at night when all are asleep and wife is home, they go to her first anyway..

but starting in a year theyll both be in school from 7:30am till 4:30pm, mydays off are during the week minus football season.. so i have like 8 hours of bored alone time, if the school calls they call the wife anyway...

other topic, the tax revenue generated from the sales is HUGE for denver and surrounding counties, it is pretty foolish that its not legal everywhere... by the time my kids are old enough it will be no different than cigs or beer socially, i will educate them appropriately just as i would on those other two things. and i dont know that i would still be smoking in 10-15 years to be a hypocrite if i told them not to...

Fuck New Jersey so hard. Here one has to navigate seedy neighborhoods in Trenton to get what You can pick up at the Weed store, without the 50% markup.

If nothing else, do it for me so I can live vicariously through you.

Kids are stupid, you can keep it hidden for a while. One day in their friends basement they'll light up a J for the first time and be like "mother fucker, thats what that smell is?!" But by then it won't matter.

Far better for you than Cigs, but the more you add too it (Rolling paper, blunt paper etc) the worse it is. Best advice is to get a Vaporizer. Much much better for you, more heady (dare I say introspective?) experience and less "give me cheetos and turn off the lights" kinda feelings. Plus it will stretch your stash as you need far less for the results.

Be prepared to forget details from conversations with your wife and short term memory can be...

..what was I saying?

Anyway, yeah there is no reason you shouldn't.

I think people are saying don't do it, you have kids, because they view it as such an evil act. It's not that bad, yeah, of course, if you become a pothead and smoke around your kids, giving them a contact buzz, shame on you. But, they're in bed, both you and your spouse are home, sneak out and take a puff. I wish I could, but I like a beer instead of a puff, and beer is fattening. The smoke makes me tired.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1309197671' post='998786']
Fuck New Jersey so hard. Here one has to navigate seedy neighborhoods in Trenton to get what You can pick up at the Weed store, without the 50% markup.

Kids are stupid, you can keep it hidden for a while. One day in their friends basement they'll light up a J for the first time and be like "mother fucker, thats what that smell is?!" But by then it won't matter.

Far better for you than Cigs, but the more you add too it (Rolling paper, blunt paper etc) the worse it is. Best advice is to get a Vaporizer. Much much better for you, more heady (dare I say introspective?) experience and less "give me cheetos and turn off the lights" kinda feelings. Plus it will stretch your stash as you need far less for the results.

Be prepared to forget details from conversations with your wife and short term memory can be...

..what was I saying?

[/quote]

Hahaha.....come to Cincy.......you can stock up and go back home. Hell, even better, got to Colorado via the Concorde Jet, grab a pound or so and fly back to NJ....may still be cheaper.

I think personally, smoking isn't a big deal. It can be for some people as it does tend to make one less productive and have short term memory issues........but that's for moderate to heavy users...not the frequency which you suggested.

Honestly, I think you should do what you want after you have made all the necessary considerations. You're a smart enough fellow to make the right decision (for you).

I just quit smoking actually........last night. I may start back up this evening and quit again later tonight.

Why are you hesitant about it? If you're coming here and asking if you should/shouldn't, you have some concerns.

I'm sure you'd be responsible about it, but generally if I'm feeling uneasy about something or feel the need to be talked into it or ask people to talk me out of it then it's not something I'm going to do.

As long as there's no legal risk for you with it being in the house and you're certain it won't affect your job status, then do what you want. Potential impact to your wife/kids is the only concern I really see.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1309197671' post='998786']

..what was I saying?

[/quote]

I would probably just go with a glass or metal bowl if i go with it. small convenient, cheap, etc..

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1309199997' post='998795']
I think people are saying don't do it, you have kids, because they view it as such an evil act. It's not that bad, yeah, of course, if you become a pothead and smoke around your kids, giving them a contact buzz, shame on you. But, they're in bed, both you and your spouse are home, sneak out and take a puff. I wish I could, but I like a beer instead of a puff, and beer is fattening. The smoke makes me tired.
[/quote]

agree all around.. it is such a "bad thing" everywhere.... and its pretty normal here... they passed a law that you cannot medicate publicly, but when it first started it was nuts, people basically hanging out smoking out all day at the places...

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1309201819' post='998798']
Why are you hesitant about it? If you're coming here and asking if you should/shouldn't, you have some concerns.

[/quote]

Kind of along the lines of my thinking. If you have to come here to ask everyone's opinion, you already have your answer.

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1309199997' post='998795']
[/quote]

I dont think its evil, I just dont think its smart to do with kids around. Lets face it kids look up to and emulate their parents, if they get even a hint that it goes on they will want to do it too and at that young an age its just not a good idea imo.

Edit: Plus you know kids get into everything so it might be a good idea to get a lockbox for it if you do do it.

Archived