What's understanding....or rather the decent play.....

I'm not sure if you are really worthy at this point, but after three weeks, the Cincinnati Bengals are ranked number 3 in the entire NFL as far as the defense is concerned, mostly due to the apparent revision that we have showed an unstoppable defense (currently number 5 vs the pass, don't know abou the run). Despite this, we are 1-2 because of simple stuff.

What can we do to change this so that 1-2 turns into 2-2, and possible something that isnt a winning season? (and on a related note, i did happen with a stroke about two weeks ago, so my memory isn't quite where it was. It is still better for the most part, but one never knows about it until it happens, and for that I am truly grateful for it.)

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' timestamp='1317054632' post='1036900']I'm not sure if you are really worthy at this point, but after three weeks, the Cincinnati Bengals are ranked number 3 in the entire NFL as far as the defense is concerned, mostly due to the apparent revision that we have showed an unstoppable defense (currently number 5 vs the pass, don't know abou the run). Despite this, we are 1-2 because of simple stuff.

What can we do to change this so that 1-2 turns into 2-2, and possible something that isnt a winning season? (and on a related note, i did happen with a stroke about two weeks ago, so my memory isn't quite where it was. It is still better for the most part, but one never knows about it until it happens, and for that I am truly grateful for it.)[/quote]

...not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but a big part of that #3 ranking has to do with the weak offences we have faced. Where do the Browns, Broncos, and 49ers rank on offense?

[Danville, sorry to hear about your "issues". Hope you are soon back to 100%.]

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1317055409' post='1036905']
...not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but a big part of that #3 ranking has to do with the weak offences we have faced. Where do the Browns, Broncos, and 49ers rank on offense?

[/quote]

...well then I guess our big test is this week.

Sorry to hear about the stroke - here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery. That's scary stuff.

Re: your question - 2 things stand out to me (actually, 3):

1. Red zone productivity - they need to score TDs, not settle for FGs. And they have guys who can be weapons there - AJ, Gresham, Lee, Scott, Leonard, Benson. They need to punch it in
2. 3rd down productivity... in the last 2 games, I'm surprised they've been close. Really atrocious there - this one is obvious.
3. Defensive breakdowns at the worst times - like yesterday, how do you let Vernon Davis get open (Reggie Nelson peeking into the backfield, and then someone(s) losing track of him on that delay pass). I don't think it's poor coaching, because I'm sure they were prepared... just terrible breakdowns.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' timestamp='1317065818' post='1036966']

This is just what I was telling the guy next me at the game we miss Bobbie big time in the run.
[/quote]
Yeah, because in the preseason, running to the right was the strong point of the 1st team O... See the Lions and the Jets games.

Thanks for the stroke, like i said it was only minor, it was a cause of not getting myself right and getting worse instead of better. What had happened was that I got diagnosed w/ hodgkins back in may and that my treatment was not reated as it seemed...I was on a ABVD treatment for chemotherapy and discovered that after 10 treatments, it did with heart failure, to the point of my stroke. Thankfully, it shows that I am using a different treatment for it, and that the failre would be cured. along with the hodkins.

Now about the offense....and defense. I personally like to jave Dalson, but for the love or GOD please fix that offense, it is pathentic. Obviously the defebse has showed that after three games, it would show some inprovement, but really where is the playmaking?

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' timestamp='1317074791' post='1037001']
Thanks for the stroke, like i said it was only minor, it was a cause of not getting myself right and getting worse instead of better. What had happened was that I got diagnosed w/ hodgkins back in may and that my treatment was not reated as it seemed...I was on a ABVD treatment for chemotherapy and discovered that after 10 treatments, it did with heart failure, to the point of my stroke. Thankfully, it shows that I am using a different treatment for it, and that the failre would be cured. along with the hodkins.

Now about the offense....and defense. I personally like to jave Dalson, but for the love or GOD please fix that offense, it is pathentic. Obviously the defebse has showed that after three games, it would show some inprovement, but really where is the playmaking?
[/quote]

you hang in there, brother! you know we're all in your corner.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' timestamp='1317074791' post='1037001']

[/quote]

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Glad to see you're doing better though.
Hoping for a full recovery for you.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1317062729' post='1036958']
Dalton was harassed yesterday. McGlynn or whatever his name is wasn't very impressive. We need Bobbie BAD.
[/quote]

hopefully Bobbie has been dropping some weight over the last few weeks, or Dalton will continue to be harassed.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' timestamp='1317054632' post='1036900']
I'm not sure if you are really worthy at this point, but after three weeks, the Cincinnati Bengals are ranked number 3 in the entire NFL as far as the defense is concerned, mostly due to the apparent revision that we have showed an unstoppable defense (currently number 5 vs the pass, don't know abou the run). Despite this, we are 1-2 because of simple stuff.

What can we do to change this so that 1-2 turns into 2-2, and possible something that isnt a winning season? (and on a related note, i did happen with a stroke about two weeks ago, so my memory isn't quite where it was. It is still better for the most part, but one never knows about it until it happens, and for that I am truly grateful for it.)
[/quote]

yikes, be well.

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1317055409' post='1036905']

[/quote]

...and the defense stepped it up today...props to them.

Archived